• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think you're still drafting 1 or 2. Oweh, ZDS, and Bowser coming off of injury are the only locks right now.
Yeah, we could easily draft an Edge and then cut Ferguson and draft another Edge. Hell, may even keep Ferguson, maybe he could play DT lol.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Let's hope he's healthy again, if this it's a MASSIVE signing. We badly needed an edge presence. Him and Oweh will form a formidable duo. I wouldn't rule out an edge player but it seems like we could have our eyes set on a CB.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think you're still drafting 1 or 2. Oweh, ZDS, and Bowser coming off of injury are the only locks right now.
Not dismissing it, I will just be disappointed if we don't get a veteran Center because of this. If we do, I'm fine.
I think getting an above average Center in this draft is much harder than finding a pass rusher with the caliber of ZaDarius Smith, and for a much cheaper price. We have like 5 fourth round picks. If you take three edge rushers in that group I think at least one could be as good as him.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
DUDE WHAT AN OFFSEASON HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
EVERYONE GET IN HERE Z IS BACK

Reactions: cdp

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let's hope he's healthy again, if this it's a MASSIVE signing. We badly needed an edge presence. Him and Oweh will form a formidable duo. I wouldn't rule out an edge player but it seems like we could have our eyes set on a CB.
I expect the draft to be Corner heavy at this point, which I like a lot.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just came here to say "YIPPEEE"! I love what EDC has done with the first 3 signings! He is like a sharpshooter. Takes aim at our most important needs, selects the optimal players for our system, and shoots! Hitting the bullseye every time!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he's healthy, that's much better contract than we could hope for.

WTF is going on? I'm not used to this kind of stuff by our FO.
1. More cap space than we're accustomed to.
2. We don't have a high quality FA list this year of players who are going to net us substantial comp picks next year, so there's really no reason to not spend some more.
ZaDarius signing wouldn't have counted against formula anybody, but the Marcus Williams signing is just what the doctor ordered.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
FYI

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love this FA period so far. Got 3 plus calibre starters at position of need who arent really stopgap fills were accustom to.

Love this aggressive mindset EDC has. And with all of our draft capital maybe this is the year we finally trade up in the draft. I'm all in for a generational talent. Give us Stingley or Jordan Davis please.