• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Chuck Clark could be on his way out. Jeff saying that it's been brewing for awhile for contract reasons and the Hamilton pick could lead to his departure. He said he's unsure if there's been a formal request for a trade but could be headed that way.
Not super surprising. Chuck is a starter in this team for a bunch of other teams who don't have Marcus Williams and Kyle Hamilton on the team. See if you can't get a 4th round pick for him

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Chuck Clark could be on his way out. Jeff saying that it's been brewing for awhile for contract reasons and the Hamilton pick could lead to his departure. He said he's unsure if there's been a formal request for a trade but could be headed that way.
I wonder what kind of return we could get for him

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Not super surprising. Chuck is a starter in this team for a bunch of other teams who don't have Marcus Williams and Kyle Hamilton on the team. See if you can't get a 4th round pick for him
I wonder whether we can find a team willing to send a decent WR back to us for Chuck and a mid round pick swap or something.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I could see The Ravens trading Chuck Clark to The Giants for Darius Slayton

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I personally don't think either of Wolfe or Boyle or going anywhere. Neither would make a lot of sense to move on from
Not if one is traded? We have Ricard and the two new kids to take on the blocking. Again, I feel this is doubtful primarily because of how stout Boyle is in the blocking department. He is needed if we are reverting back to power running like in 2019.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
We might be able to get the Panthers to trade us Robby Anderson. He'd work cap wise and could be a good number 2 with Bateman. They're trying to rebuild so picks might be attractive.

Don't think we'd get much for Chuck, maybe someone like a Tre'Quan Smith who was a vertical threat at college but has been asked to be a possession receiver with the Saints. Has an injury but would be cheap as WR3/4 that could maybe put up 400-500 yards.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Don't think we'd get much for Chuck, maybe someone like a Tre'Quan Smith who was a vertical threat at college but has been asked to be a possession receiver with the Saints. Has an injury but would be cheap as WR3/4 that could maybe put up 400-500 yards.
I dont have any reason to believe that Chuck can get us the kinda WR2 vertical threat we're looking for. He may be in the package but I doubt there's a swap option.

If the guy is only gonna be a WR3/4 that's unfortunately called Duvernay

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I imagine Chuck was like “hey, I’m underpaid” and Ravens were like “yeah, but you were also part of a very bad defense in the secondary last year and aren’t especially elite just good”

Not at all surprised if Clark is gone. Giants would be awesome due to the Martindale connection. Maybe Chuck wants to play for him too.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You don't like him lol but he's a multi year starter on a reasonable contract. He's worth a 4th maybe 5th at worst.
Problem is we don't have a ton of leverage in the trade scenario unless we find a truly desperate partner. Teams know he is likely disgruntled, we drafted his replacement, and the awkwardness will slowly build.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Why do you think it's so easy to separate the difference between a quality speed receiver like Hollywood and top quality receivers?

If you think you can, provide your suggestions
Well just looking at the FAs available I’d suspect we’re looking at Albert Wilson, Fuller, or marquise Goodwin. If we can pick up any of them for a few mil I wouldn’t mind. Not saying they’re quality, but they’re what’s available rn.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who reported this?