• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Jimmy just didn’t have the juice last year. Abundantly clear that those injuries had caught up to him. Still physical at the line but looked like he was running in quicksand.
That's true. I was wondering what happened to him last year cause he looked good in 2020.

incredible. Not sure how we got Kyle Fuller for less than 1.2m on a one year deal

Lol i was very confused that link took me to a Kyle Fuller that plays center

Maybe I’m missing something here? I can’t find our Kyle Fullers contract details anywhere

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
deep zone, mid zone, flat, man to man… them boys were below avg at all cvg skills, which is like 90% of a S job… they were the sorensons for our team lmaoo
I think @rmcjacket23 honestly made a great point, if you are meh in coverage you have to do things to make up for it. Our secondary was ELITE… at dropping interceptions and that’s about it. They always appear close to the play but are one step behind a pass deflection, and are too unskilled to force a turnover

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think @rmcjacket23 honestly made a great point, if you are meh in coverage you have to do things to make up for it. Our secondary was ELITE… at dropping interceptions and that’s about it. They always appear close to the play but are one step behind a pass deflection, and are too unskilled to force a turnover
If you suck in cvg you shouldnt be back there but unfortunately thats all we had.. elliot was good in the run game, clark was i dnt even know what he was good at lol but it wasnt good enough to make up for what they lacked…they have been liabilities for us imo.we will see big difference this year without them being back there

marklar

Pro Bowler
Hearing that Fuller gave up a passer rating of 126 last year dampens my initial expectation with that signing. If it is reallycheap it is still a good risk/reward signing, but we should not expect very much

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hearing that Fuller gave up a passer rating of 126 last year dampens my initial expectation with that signing. If it is reallycheap it is still a good risk/reward signing, but we should not expect very much
he's better on the outside than in the slot and last year played a lot of slot cb from weeks 9 on last season. Of course the Broncos defensive backfield wasn't that good last year either. He is still young and may be a better fit in Macdonald's defensive scheme, but we won't know for certain how he is going to be used until the season begins.

Last year was truly an outlier. If you go back to his Chicago days he gave up the following in passer rating

2020 87.1
2019 93.3
2018. 69.2
2017 69.0

Last edited:

marklar

Pro Bowler
he's better on the outside than in the slot and last year played a lot of slot cb from weeks 9 on last season. Of course the Broncos defensive backfield wasn't that good last year either. He is still young and may be a better fit in Macdonald's defensive scheme, but we won't know for certain how he is going to be used until the season begins.
Agreed that it could be a jackpot, but if I would be a betting man, I would put more money on him being done

marklar

Pro Bowler
I added to the post the previous 4 years passer rating as well. Last year seems to be an outlier.
I mean, he got 9.5M a year ago, so no doubt about the upside. Being unsigned until now speaks for a sharp drop in valuation, and the drop-off for corners and wrs can be pretty brutal. Again, I hope for the best, but I do not expect anything

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
I mean, he got 9.5M a year ago, so no doubt about the upside. Being unsigned until now speaks for a sharp drop in valuation, and the drop-off for corners and wrs can be pretty brutal. Again, I hope for the best, but I do not expect anything
I'm really hoping that's because he was being asked to play out of position. This is a not too long ago all pro CB that has only just turned 30. An unknown, but I'm betting he's good enough to comfortably be CB3 on our roster

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I really hope that we keep Chuck. I was watching some games and him, and he does make a lot of plays, they are just always around the LOS. I think he is a great matchup tool for teams that love screens and short pass games, he tackles quickly and surely, along with great play reading. He batted down quite a large amount of passes at the LOS, and looked to play a useful part in our forgoten #1 run D. His hands constantly end up on the ball, and although last year was just stuck with bad luck, hands on ball means good when you have two ballhawks named Marcus.

Additionally, showing up to OTAs is something I love to see, espically from a guy who was in trade talks. Who is to say Hamilton doesn't struggle early on? Chuck still has a lot of value to us, just not as a deep coverage guy. All of this ignores what he adds as a leader and mentally.

Just don't let him line up the guys anymore lol

Old Bay

Veteran
Screenshot_20220531-110254_Chrome.jpg

https://wisportsheroics.com/propose...ers-sends-all-pro-to-green-bay/#comment-11303

Laughably bad

JAAM

Hall of Famer