• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think fully guaranteed will be the norm, and I also think fully guaranteed can be a generalization here, can’t imagine Lamar turning down 200m guaranteed just because the total contract value is more than that. It’s not that he’s gotta have a fully guaranteed deal, it’s that the guaranteed money he was offered wasnt high enough.
Exactly! In comparison to the deals of those who are non-MVPs such as himself, and unlike himself, the deal of those that do have off-the-field issues.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think fully guaranteed will be the norm, and I also think fully guaranteed can be a generalization here, can’t imagine Lamar turning down 200m guaranteed just because theres another 50m that isn’t guaranteed. It’s not that he’s gotta have a fully guaranteed deal, it’s that the guaranteed money he was offered wasnt high enough.
This I mostly agree with.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I don’t think fully guaranteed will be the norm, and I also think fully guaranteed can be a generalization here, can’t imagine Lamar turning down 200m guaranteed just because theres another 50m that isn’t guaranteed. It’s not that he’s gotta have a fully guaranteed deal, it’s that the guaranteed money he was offered wasnt high enough.

Yeah. Don't know why but I assumed as well that 200 guaranteed would get the deal done.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Do you think JPP be able to start this Sunday or will he need more time to go over the playbook and get in some practices?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Do you think JPP be able to start this Sunday or will he need more time to go over the playbook and get in some practices?

i think it's more like he'll need time to get re-acclimated to football - whatever condition he may be in physically... he's not played or even practiced since he had shoulder surgery in november 2021

the only thing that makes it even remotely possible he plays at all on sunday is the fact that we're so short on bodies at that position

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is there anyone even remotely available for trade?

basically the general criteria would be someone on a team that's underwhelming with only a year left on their deal who probably isnt part of that team's future

ironically yannick ngakoue's one of the guys who (again) fits that criteria lol

just scanning the list of potentials... very few names that fit... maybe Lorenzo Carter from the Falcons?