• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This article has a scenario where we trade our 3rd for Hop and draft Addison at 22 lol

Something like that is possible. But I don't think it's possible to trade for Hop and also sign another FA. Like Hop would put us in that category of needing to be clever with the cap which EDC said he didn't want to do.

And even trading and signing for Hop still probably requires Lamar to sign

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we sign Lamar, I’d love to double dip at WR with Hop via trade and Meyers/Lazard/Chark from FA so we can focus on another position with our 1st. Like I want a Jaguars type of WR corps makeover, cost permitting

Mind you they get better with Ridley, WHO WE COULD HAVE DRAFTED, who will be back next year

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean he's done nothing since he was a Buc but i liked him coming out of college

would have been nice to bring him in but also he's not the kind of guy who would make or break this WR corps

Shemar Bridges is?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
did Monken successfully use 2 tight ends at Georgia? I would love to see likely get more involved. we have the best tight end duo since that killer room up in New England

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
did Monken successfully use 2 tight ends at Georgia? I would love to see likely get more involved. we have the best tight end duo since that killer room up in New England
He had darnell Washington and Brock bowers so yeah he used them successfully

As much as I hate drafting another TE high, I am so intrigued by adding Darnell Washington to this squad.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He had darnell Washington and Brock bowers so yeah he used them successfully

As much as I hate drafting another TE high, I am so intrigued by adding Darnell Washington to this squad.
I think the only way I'd want Washington is if the team went into full rebuild post trading Lamar and traded Andrews as well.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler

I actually like this move. Urban was decent last year and Worley seemed like he had potential.

I like the plan of adding cheap role players in FA. (Maybe it's another positive Lamar sign too?) I'd like the Ravens biggish FA move to be at corner, where there are better options and value, and tackle WR via the draft.

For one thing, the Ravens already have a lot of young CBs and it doesn't seem like EDC has a very good eye for drafting them, do we really want to clog the roster up with more when there might be affordable ready made answers available.

On the other hand the FA WR picture looks grim. A useful player is going to be expensive. EDC actually has a better draft record at WR than CB, too.
My plan would be to re-sign Robinson, add another vet at about that level and then double up on WR in the draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I actually like this move. Urban was decent last year and Worley seemed like he had potential.

I like the plan of adding cheap role players in FA. (Maybe it's another positive Lamar sign too?) I'd like the Ravens biggish FA move to be at corner, where there are better options and value, and tackle WR via the draft.

For one thing, the Ravens already have a lot of young CBs and it doesn't seem like EDC has a very good eye for drafting them, do we really want to clog the roster up with more when there might be affordable ready made answers available.

On the other hand the FA WR picture looks grim. A useful player is going to be expensive. EDC actually has a better draft record at WR than CB, too.
My plan would be to re-sign Robinson, add another vet at about that level and then double up on WR in the draft.
Worley had weeks where he was a straight up animal in coverage