• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Because the trading teams recognize they are trading a young backup whereas the Bears think people view Fields as an NFL starter and no one does, or at least no one who needs a starting QB does.
Fields is better than a few starters but quite a lot of NFL teams are still freaked out by QBs who can run. Just last year loads of teams, talking heads and fans were questioning whether Lamar would even be able to function away from Roman's system.

One MVP season later and they haven't learned anything and Fields' market is suffering for it. (Not saying he's anywhere close to Lamar.)

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
My guess is Ravens gave Clowney the “see if they make you an offer you can’t refuse” deal and see what it is. If the deal is amazing then Ravens won’t match and if it’s not bad they do. That is my best guess. I think both liked him here and I think Clowney wants to be here but I think he’s looking for a bag and hoping to find one and I can’t fault him for that.

Simba

Staff Member
My guess is Ravens gave Clowney the “see if they make you an offer you can’t refuse” deal and see what it is. If the deal is amazing then Ravens won’t match and if it’s not bad they do. That is my best guess. I think both liked him here and I think Clowney wants to be here but I think he’s looking for a bag and hoping to find one and I can’t fault him for that.
I agree with this. Hard to turn down the money Carolina has been throwing at guys to get them to sign. Guessing he wants to be back here but money talks.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Clowney was so important to our pass rush last year but I'm not hopeful. He signed a prove it deal and he proved it. Probably going to cash in now, though if the offers are close he'll probably choose the Ravens.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Then again, maybe we dodged a bullet with Clowney last season and were lucky to have him for his only year playing every game...
This is where I’m at. He proved it on his prove it deal, after taking prove it deal after prove it deal that seemed to get smaller with every deal, im okay taking the gamble of not paying clowney if he gets a good offer, his history says he is highly unlikely to repeat 2023

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is where I’m at. He proved it on his prove it deal, after taking prove it deal after prove it deal that seemed to get smaller with every deal, im okay taking the gamble of not paying clowney if he gets a good offer, his history says he is highly unlikely to repeat 2023
Yeah depends on the cost. I think that’ll decide his fate. What is he worth and can he stay healthy. My biggest issues with him as a prospect he improved on last year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah depends on the cost. I think that’ll decide his fate. What is he worth and can he stay healthy. My biggest issues with him as a prospect he improved on last year.
oh I don't know about that. He always gets a ton of pressures even when he doesn't finish and has been a beast at setting the edge for his entire career.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Emotional intelligence. But that will come with time.
He got too up in the chiefs game, and that gave way to a low he couldn’t handle.

Dude really needs to learn from that situation. Playing with fire is great, but you gotta internalize that shit in big moments, channel it and stay focused.

I mean he looked like an absolute rookie in those moments. It wasn’t a good look, the blatant taunt, the fumble by the same defender he taunted, the busted hand and meltdown. An epic spiral.

If he has any kind of maturity and accountability, we will see a different Zay. Not to say he did anything wrong outside of that, but something like that should make a grown man change how he carries himself a little bit, it should embarrass you to the point that you’re like “aight time to grow tf up”