• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Playoffs, The Playcalling and The Refs

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Hurst was clocked at 20.5 MPH. 8th fastest ball carrier run.

Dude I think you are missing the point. This team is bonding by working for each other, the Bills fired Greg and this is the teams way of getting revenge and the whole team supporting him. Great leadership by Harbs.
I think you’re spot on here. It certainly wasn’t one of Romans’ best games as far as play calling goes IMO, but I’m sure he wanted to be perfect because of the history. Harbs deserves credit for giving him a game ball.

IMO Roman deserves to be named coordinator of the year. No one has used his players talents as well as he has.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
luckily - as long as the seeding holds (doesnt matter if they are the 2 or 3 seed) then we wont have to play them until the conference championship game anyway

Does anyone know what day and time our game would be on if we end up with the 1 seed?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am concerned about bad weather and our offense. It seems to me that bad weather hurts us more than our opponent with the style of play we play.

Am I crazy to think this?

Many gurus said the weather hurt the 49ers more in that game but I completely disagree. I think we would have beat the Niners by 14 in good weather.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think you’re spot on here. It certainly wasn’t one of Romans’ best games as far as play calling goes IMO, but I’m sure he wanted to be perfect because of the history. Harbs deserves credit for giving him a game ball.

IMO Roman deserves to be named coordinator of the year. No one has used his players talents as well as he has.
I agree but for the first time all year I was getting up from my seat and bitching about several ridiculous play calls. The 3rd and 1 call was MIND BOGGLING.

I am concerned about bad weather and our offense. It seems to me that bad weather hurts us more than our opponent with the style of play we play.

Many gurus said the weather hurt the 49ers more in that game but I completely disagree. I think we would have beat the Niners by 14 in good weather.
In theory bad weather should benefit us because we are a power running team. Throwing the ball in a monsoon or in windy conditions (yesterday) adds challenges to both teams. It’s just that the better teams find ways to win no matter the weather conditions.

I agree but for the first time all year I was getting up from my seat and bitching about several ridiculous play calls. The 3rd and 1 call was MIND BOGGLING.
Yeah I was scratching my head on that one too, and as I said it wasn’t Romans’ best day, but we did get the win and I guess I tend to remember how consistently bad Marty ball was when I see a head scratcher like that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

im glad its happening now so we have experience in those conditions - important to note that we did beat both teams in bad weather - and we have the ability to play different types of ways to win

but weather clearly does handicap us by keeping games closer than they otherwise would be for sure

although its also hard to separate the weather from us facing 2 great defences in those games also - hard to say how much was the defence and how much was the weather and how much was bad execution

Really surprised by the negativity on here to be honest. We beat a 9-3 team away in difficult weather. Other teams can be good too guys! Blowouts are rare - that phenomenal streak we had was near all-time NFL best by a lot of statistics. Now we're grinding out wins against good teams, and getting contributions from lots of different players. And we clinched the playoffs!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im glad its happening now so we have experience in those conditions - important to note that we did beat both teams in bad weather - and we have the ability to play different types of ways to win

but weather clearly does handicap us by keeping games closer than they otherwise would be for sure

although its also hard to separate the weather from us facing 2 great defences in those games also - hard to say how much was the defence and how much was the weather and how much was bad execution
When we face great front sevens, we struggle to run, when we struggle to run we usually pass and scramble just fine, but when we face a great overall defense front to back that’s when we struggle overall.

The patriots defense were clearly pretenders, their front is average at best and they’re all secondary. Niners and bills are VERY real.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
When we face great front sevens, we struggle to run, when we struggle to run we usually pass and scramble just fine, but when we face a great overall defense front to back that’s when we struggle overall.

The patriots defense were clearly pretenders, their front is average at best and they’re all secondary. Niners and bills are VERY real.

i just want to know what it would look like in good conditions lol because like you i dont really think that patriots defence is all that at all

This game had no business being as close as it was. Allen was ass for the overwhelming majority of the game and Roman’s play calling, on 3rd down especially, was driving me up a wall.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Really surprised by the negativity on here to be honest. We beat a 9-3 team away in difficult weather. Other teams can be good too guys! Blowouts are rare - that phenomenal streak we had was near all-time NFL best by a lot of statistics. Now we're grinding out wins against good teams, and getting contributions from lots of different players. And we clinched the playoffs!
people were getting too used to blowing teams out. Well the Bills and the Niners both have great defenses and are top teams in the league.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to admit that I really like Singletary. Dudes got insane acceleration. He's basically what we hoped hill would be.

Problem is that Hill goes down the moment he's brushed and has 0 running back vision.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This game had no business being as close as it was. Allen was ass for the overwhelming majority of the game and Roman’s play calling, on 3rd down especially, was driving me up a wall.

I'm most disappointed with the fact that we were up 24-9 with a chance to put the game away and then the defense gives up a TD drive followed by the offense being unable to do much of anything for the rest of the game. This could have been an easy 2 score victory, but we let the Bills back in the game instead of stomping on their throats.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i still think the steelers defence we faced in week 5 might be the best defence we've faced all year
I’ve said the same thing for a while now. Not that they’re the best defense, but the best matchup.

Minkah and Devin bush are a nightmare for us, we can’t make either of those guys the key, and they both have the range and tackle ability to play back, read, and stuff either option.

If they lacked just one of those 2, we could make watt the key, option off of him, then, say they only have bush, he needs to be the scrape or fill guy, if bush makes the wrong call then boom it’s a big play. Having both of them allows bush to fill and minkah to scrape and they don’t even have to decide, and they’re both extremely capable of shutting down whatever option we give them.

Of all the playoff teams, Pittsburgh believe it or not is the LAST one I wanna see.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have to admit that I really like Singletary. Dudes got insane acceleration. He's basically what we hoped hill would be.

Problem is that Hill goes down the moment he's brushed and has 0 running back vision.
I agree with the vision but hill has unbelievable push for a guy his size, he’s been seen multiple times dragging guys way bigger than him and bouncing tacklers.

Problem is it’s often all for nothing.

I don’t like hill either but you’re lying about traits that aren’t there lol