• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Playoffs, The Playcalling and The Refs

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw..

Looking at the Bills D, there is no actual weakness

They have smart linebackers with athletic ability and power
Excellent corners led by tre white who's IMO a top 3 corner in this league
Very good and underrated safeties
POwerful and dominant D-interior

they've really built a very, very, good defense.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with the vision but hill has unbelievable push for a guy his size, he’s been seen multiple times dragging guys way bigger than him and bouncing tacklers.

Problem is it’s often all for nothing.

I don’t like hill either but you’re lying about traits that aren’t there lol

oh he's fast BUT he doesn't break tackles for shit.

That's what i loved about Dixon. The guy would break tackles better than anyone we had.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve said the same thing for a while now. Not that they’re the best defense, but the best matchup.

Minkah and Devin bush are a nightmare for us, we can’t make either of those guys the key, and they both have the range and tackle ability to play back, read, and stuff either option.

If they lacked just one of those 2, we could make watt the key, option off of him, then, say they only have bush, he needs to be the scrape or fill guy, if bush makes the wrong call then boom it’s a big play. Having both of them allows bush to fill and minkah to scrape and they don’t even have to decide, and they’re both extremely capable of shutting down whatever option we give them.

Of all the playoff teams, Pittsburgh believe it or not is the LAST one I wanna see.

Devin bush is a low IQ player. Minkah? We've had his number twice.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Devin bush is a low IQ player. Minkah? We've had his number twice.
Bush doesn’t need to be high iq, just fill a gap consistently and make a tackle. And bush isn’t low iq anyway lol idk where you get that from

oh he's fast BUT he doesn't break tackles for shit.

That's what i loved about Dixon. The guy would break tackles better than anyone we had.
On 2 carries yesterday, one of them he met a LB near the flat and shouldered his chest and pushed him for another 3 yards, dude had to have had 60lbs on him. And it’s not the only time he’s done it.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bush doesn’t need to be high iq, just fill a gap consistently and make a tackle. And bush isn’t low iq anyway lol idk where you get that from

On 2 carries yesterday, one of them he met a LB near the flat and shouldered his chest and pushed him for another 3 yards, dude had to have had 60lbs on him. And it’s not the only time he’s done it.

I thought Dixon overall was better. Injuries and what appeared to be a weight gain never let that happen

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I thought Dixon overall was better. Injuries and what appeared to be a weight gain never let that happen
I agree, I was just pointing something out.

And ftr I’m by no means calling justice hill a power back or anything lol, I’m just saying he’s much stronger of a runner than one would expect and to say he just crumbles on contact isn’t true

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

actually Bush is a high IQ player. His coaches at UM said he was one of the smartest coaches he had coached. You could see it on film as well.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

And ftr I’m by no means calling justice hill a power back or anything lol, I’m just saying he’s much stronger of a runner than one would expect and to say he just crumbles on contact isn’t true

Hill's definitely got more power than one would expect, but the only problem is that it's negated when he normally ends up running into 2 or 3 defenders at a time. Some of that is probably due to the playcalls when he's been given the ball, but he just doesn't seem to be seeing the running lanes very well either. Hopefully, he can improve with another off-season....

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hill has some potential, I did not like him at first but little by little he is growing on me

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
When we face great front sevens, we struggle to run, when we struggle to run we usually pass and scramble just fine, but when we face a great overall defense front to back that’s when we struggle overall.

The patriots defense were clearly pretenders, their front is average at best and they’re all secondary. Niners and bills are VERY real.
Doesn't every other team?
Personally, I think the weather factor doesn't make deciding difference in either team's favour.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Doesn't every other team?
Personally, I think the weather factor doesn't make deciding difference in either team's favour.
Lol yeah a captain obvious statement for sure.

I’m saying that people who think they can just load the box and stop our offense, it’s just not the case, you need great personnel to execute that task and you need it front and back. If someone is gonna beat us in the playoffs it’s gonna be a team that doesn’t have a single hole on defense

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lol yeah a captain obvious statement for sure.

I’m saying that people who think they can just load the box and stop our offense, it’s just not the case, you need great personnel to execute that task and you need it front and back. If someone is gonna beat us in the playoffs it’s gonna be a team that doesn’t have a single hole on defense
We'd still put some points up, even on the best of them. What makes me optimistic for the playoffs is our D, they will be the key.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So, if we win Thursday night, then do we become the #1 seed in the AFC?

No. We win the AFC North but for us to clinch the one seed by the end of Sunday, we need the Pats to lose to the Bengals and the Chiefs to lose to the Broncos.

We have the bye with a win and one of them losing though. Not that I think they will but maybe AJ Green decides this is the week to turn up.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We'd still put some points up, even on the best of them. What makes me optimistic for the playoffs is our D, they will be the key.
I just hope we never have to count on them.

I will never trust a defense to make a game winning stop in 2019, all the offense has to do is throw the goddamn ball 30 yards deep every snap and look for the flag, then when you DPI your way to the 2 yard line run an illegal pick play that doesn’t get flagged and boom that’s game.

Luckily josh Allen was heaving uncatchable balls and Marcus Peters somehow pulled off the most silky smooth pass defense of all time.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we win Thursday then we have a good shot at #1 because NE could drop to BUF and then it would allow us a touch bit of room due to head to head wins against the other teams vying for #1.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If we win Thursday then we have a good shot at #1 because NE could drop to BUF and then it would allow us a touch bit of room due to head to head wins against the other teams vying for #1.
We don't need NE to lose. We just need to win 2 of our 3 games - that guarantees #1 seed.