• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Jets

lets stop complaining about our injuries

look at the jets FFS. They're approaching 2015 ravens territory.
I don’t feel like I’m hearing any complaining about injuries here ... just some thoughts on how to manage our players who are on the injury list based on who is out and based on playing on this short week.

Well, I don't know that it's funny, but I get what everyone is saying. I also know history, however. And sometimes to avoid serious injury, youthful exuberance needs to be tempered.

If Lamar's injury is not serious, something we will never know, despite his saying, "I'm good coach!" then I'd agree he should be played. That said, history is ready to laugh at us for putting all of our eggs in the basket of a running QB. Don't get me wrong, I love what they are doing and think it is the future - and have since Donavan McNabb came into the league years ago and rekindled the Randall Cunningham new style QB debate, but sometimes erring on the side of caution is necessary.

Lamar is always going to say he's ready to play. But he's a kid, if we're honest with ourselves. Not a mark on him and don't mean to sound detrimental or condescending, but young players sometimes have to be pried from the game for their own good. I dougt this is one of those situations, but the rest might still do him good and giving reps to RGIII might not be a bad thing.

Mock me at will. ^_^
The phenomenon of a player being willing to play through injury even when it may be unwise to do so is not limited to young players. In the end to play or not to play comes down to coaches not players. A player says “I’m good coach” and the coach watches that player in practice and it becomes clear enough whether he is or is not. Based on all that is said Lamar is passing that coaches eye test easily.

People are seeing 3 added factors: short week, no Stanley and the Jets suck. The first is moot if he’s not limited by injury but just has had a shorter time to recover. The 2nd we have bodies to help fill that void. Forget the 3rd. This is a pro team that has managed some wins and we can’t just throw a preseason squad out there and expect we just win. Make no mistake -,we still need this win to go where we want to be.

Last edited:
I really really don't like that we're favored by that much on a TNF game but that's just me.
How many points were favored by doesn’t bother me any more. Neither does it bother me when all pundits pick us to win. Those feel like old concerns.

Do I count on a runaway victory? Never but I don’t see this team being nervous in the face of such expectations

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Do the Jets have edge rushers that we should be concerned about, especially on the left hand side with Hurst.

We’ve talked about how interesting it has been to go to opponents forums. Over recent weeks it involved fans of good teams looking for ways convince themselves on what their team will need to do to handle us.

Went to the Jets Gang Green forum and just read the first page and it was hilarious. A totally different vibe full of sarcasm and self deprecating humor. My favorite was the one where the dude was going to need to break out the old school Jets helmet hash pipe for this one

https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...york-jets-at-baltimore-ravens-thursday.93252/

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate Greg Williams and I have no idea why other than he seems like an idiot to me.

Saw him on Hard Knocks and he seemed like a dick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I hate Greg Williams and I have no idea why other than he seems like an idiot to me.

Saw him on Hard Knocks and he seemed like a dick.
I met him years ago, while defensive coordinator for the Skins. He was a very friendly guy and lots not forget there are two g's in his first name. Gregg Williams. The joke was it stood for genius, by the defensive players at the time.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I met him years ago, while defensive coordinator for the Skins. He was a very friendly guy and lots not forget there are two g's in his first name. Gregg Williams. The joke was it stood for genius, by the defensive players at the time.
Yeah i can only tell from his Hard Knocks comments so I will defer to you on this one.