• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD v.8: NEW BOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hoping for a good game, playoff games this weekend have been mainly a dud so far. I actually didn't do fantasy this year, found myself enjoying the NFL more than usual. Still waiting on winter to kick in here, so far it has been mild and rainy.

Yep throw them stats out the window. Its the game man THE GAME.

Happy birthday @Dom McRaven !

Happy belated birthday Dom.

Milkshakes > alcohol. Change my mind

Milkshake with alcohol??. Eh that would make me sick.

Soda fam. I don't drink at all.

Proud of you bro.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman Grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill, I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me. It's the perfect way to start the day. Today I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot... that's it. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman Grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill, I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me. It's the perfect way to start the day. Today I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot... that's it. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that.

is this a bit?
because this is the 4th time you've posted this word for word since february

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
2d20eb651a5295c5bb12eb47674478ba08203adfe792b2e09121c31d750bc6c4

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I only ask this since a certain company is making a big deal out of it and I may ruffle some feathers with this question, but fuck it: WTF is toxic masculinity?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I only ask this since a certain company is making a big deal out of it and I may ruffle some feathers with this question, but fuck it: WTF is toxic masculinity?
Just another fancy worded, social media compliant stereotype added to this raging gender war, fought by people who don't have anything better to do with their lives.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it refers to the socially-constructed attitudes and roles that describe how men (as a general population) would enact to perform their masculine gender role: violence, unemotional, sexually aggressive etc. and particularly how those "traditional" characteristics of masculinity are harmful (hence the toxic)...

harmful in the sense that it prevents men from being able to act emotionally or healthily outside of a set of ascribed roles and as a by-product also harms women because of the possessive/aggressive attitudes toxic masculinity creates...

basically toxic masculinity is the harmful attempt (and negative psychological consequences) of most men to having to live up to a set up of defined gender roles - often it's characterised by a disdain for emotion and a reduction in the agency of women in the minds of those men affected

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Short answer is that it's the idea that the concept of alphas and betas is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.