• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Terrell Suggs: Can/should we get him?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Here's an idea: Suggs should retire and then join Ravens as a coach for our Superbowl run. Could then bring the intangibles and leadership that would be nice to have, not take snaps from anyone, nor play for any enemy team while still picking up another ring...
Nah, what we need from him is someone who can tackle a goddamn RB on a stretch play lmao

A1A

Veteran
For those that were against Suggs coming here with their many reasons just stop the over analyzing. Suggs is family and never been a cancer EVER. A beloved brother here and will always be welcomed. Now that its irrelevant tho I hope he stands by his word. The chiefs obviously stopped us from getting him no question. They know hes 37 and not a game changer who's going to turn around that defense. He only benefited us and they knew that.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

for what it's worth all these teams also tried to deny us

I think I had read that somebody yesterday suggested there was no point in the Ravens putting in a "claim", which thinking more about it, makes sense. Some people on the "talking heads" radio show yesterday reacted to the Ravens not even putting in a claim, but its moot. When you're #32 on a list of 32 teams to put in claims, there's no point in claiming him. There's nobody behind you. That way he becomes a true FA if he goes unclaimed, and you can sign him for whatever you want, and aren't bound by whatever contract he's currently under.

I think a lot of people mistake the Ravens not putting in a claim as a sign they didn't want him. I don't think that's true.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think I had read that somebody yesterday suggested there was no point in the Ravens putting in a "claim", which thinking more about it, makes sense. Some people on the "talking heads" radio show yesterday reacted to the Ravens not even putting in a claim, but its moot. When you're #32 on a list of 32 teams to put in claims, there's no point in claiming him. There's nobody behind you. That way he becomes a true FA if he goes unclaimed, and you can sign him for whatever you want, and aren't bound by whatever contract he's currently under.

I think a lot of people mistake the Ravens not putting in a claim as a sign they didn't want him. I don't think that's true.
I can understand that on more expensive contracts, but in this case the contract would have cost us $353k for the remainder of the season and he wouldn't have had any dead money for next season.

Nurps

MVP
I really wonder, if Suggs sees us in the playoffs, if he'll actually even try. He's not out for revenge obviously and he's so loved here I highly doubt he'd want to play spoiler to this season we are having.

What a dilemma for him!!!!!

allenlh

Practice Squad
I really wonder, if Suggs sees us in the playoffs, if he'll actually even try. He's not out for revenge obviously and he's so loved here I highly doubt he'd want to play spoiler to this season we are having.

What a dilemma for him!!!!!

Maybe so, but he's also quite the competitor. Hopefully Lamar is just too fast and wiley for Suggs to even come close to sacking him. ^_^ So bummed reunion didn't pan out...

Not sure how much Suggs played yesterday but his stat line reads 1 combined tackle, the rest zeros, no info on snap count. I’m trying to imagine how he is going to feel if he has to come to Baltimore for maybe his final NFL game.