• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General Front 7 Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
We really haven't had that interior rush threat since McPhee.
That's not very true, if you read FilmStudy, there has been constant push by Urban, BWill and Pierce. ZDS can also be an interior rusher and an effective one. It's just not something we look for, an interior rusher that does more than just keep contain and keep the LB clear. We just don't seem to ask our guys to penetrate, that's more a scheme thing than anything else.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That's not very true, if you read FilmStudy, there has been constant push by Urban, BWill and Pierce. ZDS can also be an interior rusher and an effective one. It's just not something we look for, an interior rusher that does more than just keep contain and keep the LB clear. We just don't seem to ask our guys to penetrate, that's more a scheme thing than anything else.
Shhhh... You're ruining his "blow up the team and rebuild" narrative. Remember, we have no players, we need a team full of superstars to compete in this league. Keep quiet and let him talk.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Shhhh... You're ruining his "blow up the team and rebuild" narrative. Remember, we have no players, we need a team full of superstars to compete in this league. Keep quiet and let him talk.
oh no, this isn't possible is it. I mean if it doesn't fit his narrative, it can't be true.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
oh no, this isn't possible is it. I mean if it doesn't fit his narrative, it can't be true.
This isn't the fucking NBA. You don't need a team full of superstars to compete in it, or win a fucking championship. You need some elite talent, which we do have btw(but that goes against his narrative too so shhhhhh.) on the defensive side of the ball, and we have a lot of young prospects (Judon, Bowser, Williams, Henry, Kaufausi, Humphrey, Young, Pierce, Canaday, Hill) with pretty high ceilings that have been acquired over the past two offseasons. But yeah. Blow the motherfucker up and rebuild.

TEAR DOWN THE SHIP
DESTROY EVERYTHING.
GET RID OF EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE RUM
FIRE HERBS
FIRE PEAS
SKULL-FUCK MARTY.
SNAP FLACCO'S NECK

This forum after a loss man.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Judon has disappointed me tbh and as he's not the youngest of prospects ( 25) im worried that he may not really have much more to give. We needed him to take that next step and he's really, really struggled.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This isn't the fucking NBA. You don't need a team full of superstars to compete in it, or win a fucking championship. You need some elite talent, which we do have btw(but that goes against his narrative too so shhhhhh.) on the defensive side of the ball, and we have a lot of young prospects (Judon, Bowser, Williams, Henry, Kaufausi, Humphrey, Young, Pierce, Canaday, Hill) with pretty high ceilings that have been acquired over the past two offseasons. But yeah. Blow the motherfucker up and rebuild.

TEAR DOWN THE SHIP
DESTROY EVERYTHING.
FIRE HERBS
FIRE PEAS
SKULL-FUCK MARTY.
SNAP FLACCO'S NECK

over compensating with caps is a sign of sub conscious denial btw

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm pretty sure you don't have the qualifications for being a dr, dr. Freud, but if you do, I'm going to make for damn sure that you lose your license for being lazy in your research.

btw, I'm being very nice in my post at this point, because I could think of other posts that would be much more appropriate!

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Let's be honest : Unlike many here, I don't hate you. I didn't "roast" you on the final day of the forum(and yes, I was cocky, arrogant, and immature when writing that). Even with your insult thrown towards me, I'm not upset with you. I'm a hard guy to piss off. I don't have you on ignore because frankly I like seeing other's people's opinions, even if I disagree with them. This is a place of discussion. Other opinions welcome.

So let me give you my opinion.

We all know what you're doing. Since around 2013 you've been pushing your "blow up the team and rebuild" agenda. We get. You hate Harbaugh's coachspeak. So do I. But that doesn't mean you need to attack his character. Doesn't mean you have to equate him as to being a cult follower. We also get that you hate Flacco because he's maddeningly inconsistent. Do you think we don't have a problem with that? We'd take Tom Brady over the dude every day of the week, especially Sunday. But guess what? We resigned him. Get over it. You an agenda to push, we get it. Whether it's your anti-government agenda, or your "Harbaugh is a serial injurer" agenda(which has been disproven several times by @RavensMania by the way. Way to stick to it though. Or the "Flacco has too many kids" jokes. He's Mormon... Even if it's stereotypical, they tend to have a lot of children. He can afford it, so why should anyone care? Way to attack his belief system. And good lord, how condescending can you be?

Everyone here knows that I've been very critical of our offseason this past year. for one reason, and one reason only. We didn't fix the oline. I am very vocal about my concerns. But let's be real here. The past few years haven't been a so called "retooling". A retooling would be not changing an offensive scheme, just getting new players. Not readjusting our free agency strategy and doing the same thing we used to always do(we've acquired Weddle, who btw does not look old like you proclaim, and Jefferson for expensive contracts the past two offseasons. Something we've never done in the past). The past two drafts we changed our philosophy with regards to the players we drafted. The front seven has been reinjected with talent with speed, and not slow, strong players. The two linebackers we drafted this offseason both have pro bowl potential. Williams, if he can ever become a good run defender, has all pro potential. Sure, they may not meet your ridiculously high standards such as "every player must be a star for this team to be dominant", but this is the real world. Not Madden. Only thing that kept it from being a public rebuild was that we kept Flacco and Harbaugh. That's it. We've changed schemes/coaches, added a lot of new talent. That's a rebuild.

For the most part(London aside, I don't think anyone not named Jimmy or Marlon showed up), we've actually been generating good interior pressure from Pierce, Urban, and even Williams who I've been chastising this offseason. One bad loss and the forum goes into a frenzy. Some are calling for the heads of the coaching staff(because we would fire the coaching staff on a short week vs. our biggest rival. That's illogical from all standpoints). Most members here are angry. But you? You seem happy that we lost. You're straight up relishing in the fact that we lost so you can go and yell out, "Fire everyone. Fuck Urban, he's like Baltimore sports, just alright. Give up and rebuild".

Honestly, I don't know why you want to rebuild. It's already been happening. Our defense has been massively in the rebuilding process for the past two years. Let's be honest with ourselves. Even with the humiliating loss on Sunday, where literally nobody showed up on either side of the ball sans three players, this defense is better than last year's, it's better than 2015, it's better than 2014 by virtue of acutally having a secondary, it's better than 2013, and yes it's better than our super bowl defense in 2012. Why? Because we blew up the thing and acquired guys who are adept for the new NFL. CJ Mosley is a lot better than you give him credit for. He's a top ten ILB in the league, and given that most teams start at least two of those type of players, that's elite. Brandon Williams, who you said would be out of the NFL by now, is one of the best run stuffing defensive tackles in the league. He may not be an elite pass rusher, but if you can't stop the run, by virtue you cannot stop the pass. I know you'd rather have kept McPhee than Smith, but did you see our secondary when he went down? #1 Corners don't grow on trees, and McPhee has similar injury issues. Humphrey has looked good, much to your dissapointment I imagine. Bowser and Williams have flashed. Michael Pierce has turned out to be a UDFA steal. I don't know what you mean, both the offense and the defense look a lot different fundamentally than just a couple of years ago. We've injected a lot of young talent.

Yet, you want us to give up and blow it up? That's how teams like Cleveland get into a cycle of never-ending rebuilding. Trading away young talent before they possibly have a chance to properly develop ruined them and those player's careers. I think you understand that too. But you just want to push your agenda. Even with the injuries, at least on the defensive side of the ball we have depth just about everywhere except for the inside linebacker position. Young depth. I'm sorry, but I don't want to blow up a young defense, or give up.

Why? Let's start off with the obvious. This is the youngest team we've had in years, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Outside of Suggs, Weddle, and Webb(who will likely go back to being the third safety when Hill returns this season, and Young returns next season), this defense is a young unit. Where most of the players are either in their primes, and will be their for a couple more seasons at worst(Jimmy), or are young players acquired sometime in the last 2-3 years. We've retooled the defense, and that's a good thing, because as these players get older and grow together, they'll become an even better unit over the next 2-3 years. And you want to get rid of that? That makes no logical sense whatsoever. Especially since we also get a very good young CB in Tavon Young coming back from injury next season(let's see. He was hurt in June, meaning he'll likely be in walking shape by December, and will likely be in camp shape come June, and be good again in August).

We also have positions on the offense that have been addressed with young talent. Even though Stanley has been struggling recently(with a guy like him given his high football IQ, this is likely a sophomore slump, I fully expect him to pull a CJ Mosley and bounce back, if not immediately sometime in the future), we added him. I know you hate Perriman, but we aren't going to cut him due to a rookie contract, and there is a possibility he blooms late. Unlike Elam, he's actually flashed potential on numerous occasions. We heavily invested young talent in the TE position and likely will do so again next year. Same with running back. Sorry, although West doesn't look like a star(which we all know you think we need a star at every position so don't bring that up), he along with Buck, and Collins look more than capable as a committee. This team is young, with a lot of players who have, at worst flashed their talents, and you want to rebuild. That is the most illogical statement you've ever made, and you likely know that it doesn't add up. Yet, you want to keep pushing your agenda that we need to blow up and restart everything. When in reality, we're not too far away from being good again.

Let's get into the fact that this team is really one good offensive line away from being a contender again. Even if Flacco has been regressing, we've seen quarterbacks come back and have great seasons after years of regression before because of either a change of scenery or additions along the team(usually along the offensive line. Look at Tony Romo, he looked great again after seasons of struggling because the Cowboys beefed up that line). Sorry, given his contract and the fact that he's done what most quarterbacks in the league haven't done(win a super bowl, has been invited to a few pro bowls). He's staying. I do think it's likely that we start looking for the quarterback of the future this upcoming draft, but he's sitill going to be the starter for at least the next two seasons, and he's still had his good games during the bad years so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he returns to pre-super bowl joe, which is honestly what we need. Also, next year's free agency class and draft class is ripe with talent along every position on the offense. This wide recieving corps, even with Perriman's inconsistencies, is likely the best Flacco's ever had(let's be real. Maclin is a clear #1, Wallace is a #2. And even with his maddening drops, Perriman last year at least commands some respect even if you have none for him with his ability to make big plays). If we fix that offensive line, at worst the running game will become a massive strength of the team(even if we don't upgrade the RB position, which I think is going to be a priority) and we can wear teams down. Flacco has proven in the past that when the running game is on point, he can at worst be a game manager who doesn't lose you the game, or at best win it for you. So, you want to take a team that is literally one good unit away from being a contender again, and give up to rebuild. That strategy isn't just illogical, it's asinine.

The worst thing that probably could happen this offseason is that Harbaugh might be fired if we miss the playoffs, and we institute a new coaching staff during the offseason(a move most would be okay with if we missed the playoffs). Ozzie, even though you think he's crap(even though his two year plan is actually genius if Flacco can stay healthy), is likely going to stay aboard even if I think he's ignored a critical position of the team himself. Yes, we are going to be short on cap space for the time being, but knowing ozzie, backloaded extensions will be made, paycuts will be accepted by certain players, and Ozzie, especially given that he's adjusted his strategy, will likely target a big name somewhere on the offense and pay them handsomely. Hypothetically, if we resign Jensen, and sign say Andrew Norwell, we would trot out a line of Stanley-Norwell-Jensen-Yanda-Draft pick. Which would be a strong unit. Adding another draft pick into the mix like a Quinten Nelson and moving a Yanda to the center position, and that becomes an elite offensive line immediately, just by adding two players. The run blocking, especially given Roman's scheme seems to work despite poor performances from some of our guards, would be vastly improved, and by transition so would the passing game. That alone turns this offense from a below average unit, to an above average unit regardless of who is at running back, and we are likely to improve upon the running back situation this offseason as well.

So yes. Even after your uncalled for comment about me being in denial. I'm not in denial. I was being immature and making fun of the people who are crying doom and gloom even though we have a winning record at the moment and the future is unpredictable. I'm sorry about that, but it also seems illogical. Call me doctor Spock and make fun of me all you want. These viewpoints seem reactionary, and illogical.

Although I've been very vocal about Ozzie's shortcomings this offseason, big picture wise we actually look to be in a decent place at worst, and a super bowl team sometime within the next few seasons at best. I think overall, this past offseason was good, but left a lot to be desired. It's obvious that we've been rebuilding the team already, and have adjusted several of our old strategies. The fact that Ozzie has gotten with the times has likely saved his job.

So yes, you can continue to push the agenda: I just wanted to make sure we stand on the same ground. Just because I don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean I'm in denial. You're not in denial, but you are using this forum as a platform to push one out of several agendas you have. We merely disagree. But for logical reasons, I cannot support your agenda. There are too many fallacies in your argument for me to do so. We've been rebuilding already, the team has improved from last year. It will continue to improve given the sheer amount of young talent. We are more likely than not to fix the offensive line next offseason, and add a few more pieces and have the final result be one of the most complete and balanced teams in the league. I don't see the need for a rebuild.

But that's the beauty of this message board. I know you won't agree with me. In fact, I expect a snarky remark from you. I still don't hate you, I still won't put you on ignore. So say whatever you want about me. Free country, lenient message board. I just don't agree with you, I know you don't agree with me and there are likely several others on here who agree/disagree with both of us. It is what it is. But to say I'm in denial was uncalled for.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Wow @Lost_In_Translation you gotta give me a TLDR on that. I’m not reading that bruh
Basically the team is young and we're in a position to succeed after addressing some areas, like the offensive line, in the off season. And the team doesn't have to go through a rebuild, despite various people clamoring for one.

Please correct me if I missed or misinterpreted something important @Lost_In_Translation (very well written, by the way)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wow @Lost_In_Translation you gotta give me a TLDR on that. I’m not reading that bruh

Basically the team is young and we're in a position to succeed after addressing some areas, like the offensive line, in the off season. And the team doesn't have to go through a rebuild, despite various people clamoring for one.

Please correct me if I missed or misinterpreted something important @Lost_In_Translation (very well written, by the way)

In addition, the defense has been in rebuild mode the past couple years while Ozzie has altered his draft strategy and free agency.

It's worth a read @Grim

Judon has disappointed me tbh and as he's not the youngest of prospects ( 25) im worried that he may not really have much more to give. We needed him to take that next step and he's really, really struggled.
I understand that but he's still in his 2nd season. I don't think that his age means he's supposed to be beyond anyone naturally. He'll improve as the season and his career progresses and I think he's going to be a good player for us soon. He was drafted in the 5th round and has made it to the starting spot so I don't think he's disappointed to be honest.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

TEAR DOWN THE SHIP
DESTROY EVERYTHING.
FIRE HERBS
FIRE PEAS
SKULL-FUCK MARTY.
SNAP FLACCO'S NECK

Although we surely don't need to blow the team up, some things do scare me of the future. I don't think anyone would argue Suggs and Yanda are not our two best stars. As much as I like some of the young players, I don't think we have a single above average pass rusher on this roster. The line certainly needs some new pieces, in addition to Wallace, Watson and Maclin close to gone (1 year, 1 year 2 years left on contract). We are good enough to be a solid team, but to truly contend, I think we need to add an elite piece in the skill positions.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Although we surely don't need to blow the team up, some things do scare me of the future. I don't think anyone would argue Suggs and Yanda are not our two best stars. As much as I like some of the young players, I don't think we have a single above average pass rusher on this roster. The line certainly needs some new pieces, in addition to Wallace, Watson and Maclin close to gone (1 year, 1 year 2 years left on contract). We are good enough to be a solid team, but to truly contend, I think we need to add an elite piece in the skill positions.

Not worried about pass rusher. In recent weeks both Williams and Bowser have flashed their potential. Add Tim Williams to the list of prospects who were solid on Sunday as well. He beat his man a few times and got into the backfield. He's got an insanely high ceiling. I was critical of overly going defense during the draft, but when it got to the third round I went "we'd be idiots if we didn't take Tim Williams here". Trust me, if he stays healthy he's gonna be above average pass rusher. Bowser on the other hand, if you look at the film, looks like he's actually developed some pass rushing moves. Combine that with his insane athleticism and coverage ability and you're talking about a potential star player in his own right. It's not an insane thing to say it, given that they both display football traits and have the athleticism to have sky high ceilings..

Wallace might be gone, but Maclin is more than likely to get an extension. Some members cricitze us for never taking a reciever early and going into FA.... But ultimately Ozzie sucks at drafting WRs so FA is the way to go. Maclin is likely to return. Also, with regards to Watson, I feel as if he's one of those veteran types who signs with us again for dirt cheap if he likes it here. Also, Maxx(if he can ever stay healthy) has a lot of potential at the TE position and is still very young.

You need three things to win a super bowl in the NFL.

1. Franchise QB. Even with Joe's maddening inconsistencies, he's played well in big games and has always been a good postseason performer. He fits the bill still. Remember, a guy like Kurt Warner fell off a cliff and he returned once he went to a team with a very good supporting cast intact. If we can give him a consistent rushing attack again, it would go a long way.

2. Strong play in the trenches. Front 7 is absolutely loaded with talent. Another elite defensive lineman would be a very nice thing, but it looks as if both Pierce and Williams are above average players who would be starters on most teams, and we have some pieces with high potential in Henry and Kaufausi on the DL. Suggs is still an above average pass rusher who(again, barring injury) might have another year left in him after this year. Combine that with Judon, who is at worst solid, and the sky high potentials of Bowser and Williams, and I'd say that the trenches along the defensive front are covered for the next half decade.

The offensive line on the other hand? If Yanda can make a recovery, guards and interior offensive linemen have been known to play at a high level into their mid thirties, and I have little doubt Stanley is gonna bounce back(he's been good as a run blocker, but has honestly looked semi-uncomfortable in pass protection, weird as it's his berad and butter. My guess is he's still knocking some rust off) if he doesn't at some point next year. But we have massive question marks at C, LG, and RT. We will likely resign Jensen, who will likely be overrated by the fanbase, but be solid. I'm not sold on Lewis at LG, as he performed poorly as a rookie in both run blocking and pass blocking, and Howard is clearly just a stop gap even if he's been a dominant run blocker for us.

3. An identity. This part is still being forged but I am more confidant than in recent years about this one. Outside of Sunday, we are a team that is going to run the ball down your throat and play good defense against you and beat you up while we win.

As of right now? I'd be shocked if we made the playoffs. injuries have kicked our ass. But big-picture wise. This team is in a solid position to do well in the future.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So here's an actual TLDR. Yes, I've been a condescending ass. I'm well aware of it. But saying that we needed to blow up the team and rebuild is asinine. We've put ourselves in the position, at least on the defensive side of the ball, where if several of the players turn into the people I think they can become/have flashed becoming(Bowser, Williams, Young, Humphrey, Pierce, Henry, Kaufausi, etc)then we're gonna be set for years on the defensive sid of the ball. Likewise, offensively we are only a good oline away in future season from being contenders again. It would not surprise me if we had an offseason like the Broncos did in 2014, where they spent their money on players such as TJ Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib.

We're clearly in win now mode. Flacco's time here is finite, and whether he can turn his career around or not is clearly irrelevant to the plan(we're likely scouting his successor this year as well, which would make sense. Especially since if he does suck we need someone who could lead us to the promise land).

At this point. I expect an offseason like this.

Restructure:
CJ Mosley(backloaded deal. Get him here long term, but also make open up some cap room)

Pay Cut Canddites:
Joe Flacco(say what you want about him, he's been saying he knows he's playing bad and needs to get better. Since his cap hit is set to be absurd again, this shouldn't surprise anyone. I think another restructure/paycut isn't out of the realm of possibility. We saved $6 million last time we did this, likely somewhere close to it here).

Jimmy Smith(sorry, he ain't worth the $16 million we are set to pay him).

Eric Weddle(seems like he would. He clearly wants to win and has a good chance here if we can fix the line)

Marshal Yanda(Set to make a lot of money, but coming off of an injury we might be able to convince him. Though I doubt it)

Cut:
Brandon Carr(he's played okay thus far, but he's going to be expensive, and we have bigger needs than corner).
Austin Howard(See above. Played solid. Likely going to find someone in the draft. That said, he's not that expensive so I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him)

Let Walk:
Mike Wallace- Likely to find someone else and the wheels could fall off any day now.
Brent Urban-tears his ACL cleaning out his locker.

Resign:
Ryan Jensen-Looks like a starter won't be too expensive.
James Hurst- much needed Oline depth with starting experience.

Potential FA acquisitions.
Andrew Norwell
Jack Mewhort
John Brown
Jaron Brown
Davante Adams
Jarvis Landry
Allen Robinson
Donte Moncrief
Eric Decker
Taylor Gabriel
Jordan Matthews
Zach Brown
Paul Pusluzony

Honestly. If we play our cards right the team could be significantly improved come next offseason. The talent pool in FA is stacked. We don't need to end up with a superstar, but just a few good players.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
So here's an actual TLDR. Yes, I've been a condescending ass. I'm well aware of it. But saying that we needed to blow up the team and rebuild is asinine. We've put ourselves in the position, at least on the defensive side of the ball, where if several of the players turn into the people I think they can become/have flashed becoming(Bowser, Williams, Young, Humphrey, Pierce, Henry, Kaufausi, etc)then we're gonna be set for years on the defensive sid of the ball. Likewise, offensively we are only a good oline away in future season from being contenders again. It would not surprise me if we had an offseason like the Broncos did in 2014, where they spent their money on players such as TJ Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib.

We're clearly in win now mode. Flacco's time here is finite, and whether he can turn his career around or not is clearly irrelevant to the plan(we're likely scouting his successor this year as well, which would make sense. Especially since if he does suck we need someone who could lead us to the promise land).

At this point. I expect an offseason like this.

Restructure:
CJ Mosley(backloaded deal. Get him here long term, but also make open up some cap room)

Pay Cut Canddites:
Joe Flacco(say what you want about him, he's been saying he knows he's playing bad and needs to get better. Since his cap hit is set to be absurd again, this shouldn't surprise anyone. I think another restructure/paycut isn't out of the realm of possibility. We saved $6 million last time we did this, likely somewhere close to it here).

Jimmy Smith(sorry, he ain't worth the $16 million we are set to pay him).

Eric Weddle(seems like he would. He clearly wants to win and has a good chance here if we can fix the line)

Marshal Yanda(Set to make a lot of money, but coming off of an injury we might be able to convince him. Though I doubt it)

Cut:
Brandon Carr(he's played okay thus far, but he's going to be expensive, and we have bigger needs than corner).
Austin Howard(See above. Played solid. Likely going to find someone in the draft. That said, he's not that expensive so I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him)

Let Walk:
Mike Wallace- Likely to find someone else and the wheels could fall off any day now.
Brent Urban-tears his ACL cleaning out his locker.

Resign:
Ryan Jensen-Looks like a starter won't be too expensive.
James Hurst- much needed Oline depth with starting experience.

Potential FA acquisitions.
Andrew Norwell
Jack Mewhort
John Brown
Jaron Brown
Davante Adams
Jarvis Landry
Allen Robinson
Donte Moncrief
Eric Decker
Taylor Gabriel
Jordan Matthews
Zach Brown
Paul Pusluzony

Honestly. If we play our cards right the team could be significantly improved come next offseason. The talent pool in FA is stacked. We don't need to end up with a superstar, but just a few good players.
I don’t know if we’ll be able to get Jimmy to take a pay cut because he has been playing pretty well honestly. Weddle may because he’s a team guy and he clearly wants to win so it’s possible but you never know because guys don’t want to be disrespected either and money is a form of respect in the NFL but maybe. Of them all I think Flacco may be willing but it’ll also be tricky because he’s the QB and QB know their market value is insanely high even if they’re bad.

I think Carr could be cut, but I would pause on Howard because he’s improving and I could see him as the Ben Watson where everyone thinks he’s gone but the Ravens and he surprises people. I really think the team wants to keep its OL intact and I don’t suspect we’ll go and invest a lot of high draft capital into it as others. I think we’ll see a high pick into OL but not two. I hope we can keep Big Red. I agree that Wallace will go elsewhere. As for FA acquisitions, I would look at anyone who does well against us this year because we seem to love to target those type of guys.

I don’t think this team is devoid of talent—I think we really just need a really capable backup QB to push and/or eventually replace Joe, a legit #1 WR with speed (if Perriman ever decides to realize his potential then this is less of a need), a RB who can make yards with some explosion, an interior OL, a TE. That’s potentially your top 4 rounds right there too.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don’t know if we’ll be able to get Jimmy to take a pay cut because he has been playing pretty well honestly. Weddle may because he’s a team guy and he clearly wants to win so it’s possible but you never know because guys don’t want to be disrespected either and money is a form of respect in the NFL but maybe. Of them all I think Flacco may be willing but it’ll also be tricky because he’s the QB and QB know their market value is insanely high even if they’re bad.

I think Carr could be cut, but I would pause on Howard because he’s improving and I could see him as the Ben Watson where everyone thinks he’s gone but the Ravens and he surprises people. I really think the team wants to keep its OL intact and I don’t suspect we’ll go and invest a lot of high draft capital into it as others. I think we’ll see a high pick into OL but not two. I hope we can keep Big Red. I agree that Wallace will go elsewhere. As for FA acquisitions, I would look at anyone who does well against us this year because we seem to love to target those type of guys.

I don’t think this team is devoid of talent—I think we really just need a really capable backup QB to push and/or eventually replace Joe, a legit #1 WR with speed (if Perriman ever decides to realize his potential then this is less of a need), a RB who can make yards with some explosion, an interior OL, a TE. That’s potentially your top 4 rounds right there too.
Jimmy took a pay cut earlier this year and is set to make an absurd amount of money, even for a really good player like he is. I'd be shocked if we weren't going to do a backloaded restructure