• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General Front 7 Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll take your word for it then. Who would you compare him too?
I’m not a fan of pro comparisons as they have their similarities and differences, but I’ll give you a pro comparison that Daniel Jeremiah has made. He compares him to Eli Manning in both how he plays the game and his athletic traits.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
To make some Frosted Flakes:

1. Get a cereal bowl
2. Pour some Frosted Flakes into bowl

DONE.

Left em in the bowl too long and it burned.

I’m not a fan of pro comparisons as they have their similarities and differences, but I’ll give you a pro comparison that Daniel Jeremiah has made. He compares him to Eli Manning in both how he plays the game and his athletic traits.

Now I see why you're not a fan of comparisons. I shouldn't have asked.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Thomas should've been a first rounder and this isn't hindsight. He was the best wr in the 2016 class and tbh it wasn't really close. Far from the best athlete but definitely the most skilled and polished and NFL ready, his body type, moderate athleticism, polished skill set, and attacking mentality were bar none the best in the class.

I liked him as well but I thought him to be a pretty good athlete. Very good all around receiver. Can win on any level. A slightly less dynamic Allen Robinson. And a more athletic mushin Muhammad

Tank

Hall of Famer
And again, the league better pray that the football gods don't allow us to get a decent offense to compliment this defense.
I think if they can keep some guys healthy and a couple on the O line raise their game they can have a decent offense. With healthy receivers and RB it boils down to some wins in the trenches.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
And again, the league better pray that the football gods don't allow us to get a decent offense to compliment this defense.

I've thought for a while after this year we have to potential to be dominant for a 3-4 year span after this season. The holes we have can easily be filled in one off season. That and getting healthy(while hopefully staying relatively healthy) will have a HUGE impact on this team. Just think about the difference in our OL with getting guys back. I'm very confident in this team going forward.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've thought for a while after this year we have to potential to be dominant for a 3-4 year span after this season. The holes we have can easily be filled in one off season. That and getting healthy(while hopefully staying relatively healthy) will have a HUGE impact on this team. Just think about the difference in our OL with getting guys back. I'm very confident in this team going forward.
I agree, we have the potential to be dominant for that amount of time if not longer, but I’m not sure how easy it will be to fill those spots due to our cap space. We obviously can restructure and extend some contracts to make some space.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think that only comes if we replace Marty. He'll squander any talent we bring in.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree, we have the potential to be dominant for that amount of time if not longer, but I’m not sure how easy it will be to fill those spots due to our cap space. We obviously can restructure and extend some contracts to make some space.
While not the best, if all were to remain the same the cap situation would be much better next year as a bunch of dead money goes away. That along with the contract adjustments(and cutting some dead weight)you mention should position the Ravens in the thick of the FA market, hopefully including retaining Big Red.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
While not the best, if all were to remain the same the cap situation would be much better next year as a bunch of dead money goes away. That along with the contract adjustments(and cutting some dead weight)you mention should position the Ravens in the thick of the FA market, hopefully including retaining Big Red.

if we extend Cj and jimmy and lower their cap hits for next year we probably open up more cap space too

Tank

Hall of Famer
They would be tons better this year without the major injuries. I know all teams have injuries, but they hit the Ravens early and hard.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Yea. I don't think the cap situation will be as bad as people make it even with the extensions.

Goes up regardless and some will be cut or restructured.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The football gods are against us. Lol
Right?!?! Sucks that we lead the league for most players on IR.

Barring injuries, I have little concerns with the DL. The OL isn't bad per se when Stanley is playing, but it needs to improve. I don't see Flacco having a season as bad as this if Marty gets fired as he should.

I trust Ozzie to address the glaring weakness of this team aka the offense. The FO does a damn good job talking about how to improve this team in their annual State of the Ravens address.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Right?!?! Sucks that we lead the league for most players on IR.

Barring injuries, I have little concerns with the DL. The OL isn't bad per se when Stanley is playing, but it needs to improve. I don't see Flacco having a season as bad as this if Marty gets fired as he should.

I trust Ozzie to address the glaring weakness of this team aka the offense. The FO does a damn good job talking about how to improve this team in their annual State of the Ravens address.

we need cover at tackle/a new starting right tackle and we need an upgrade at guard