• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Booze Thread

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Personally a huge fan of Jameson. When I want something else I will usually go with Guinness but only from a pub/bar I know. Nothing worse than a bad pint of plain IMO
I agree, it has to be fresh. Nothing more disappointing than to get a pint of Guinness and realize that it has that stale taste.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
My beer of choice is Miller Lite but I like to splurge on a 6 of Heavy Seas Pounders every once in a while.

Liquor?? Really makes a good bbq sauce.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm a firm believer that nobody actually likes IPAs and they just say they do because of beer snobbery, sorry not sorry lol.

I like a good Moscow mule that's made right. No ginger ale, don't skip on the lime juice. I couldn't believe when I went to Ruth's Chris for my birthday, and ordered a mule, it was literally a glass of vodka with a splash of ginger ale, like aren't y'all supposed to do everything right?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't drink beer unless it's a loaded corona. Tequila and scotch usually. Don Julio or Milagro on a budget. Johnny Walker Black and Jameson. Was a Jack fan but haven't had it in years. If getting a mixed drink will usually go Crown and ginger ale. Best thread ever!

...until the weed thread
Don Julio silver is nectar from the gods. I used to be a heavy drinker and don Julio and wild turkey were my favorites, but since I took 3 years off from drinking I don't like heavy liquors anymore, can't bear the hangovers, but I'll still enjoy some DJ silver on the rocks.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I'm a firm believer that nobody actually likes IPAs and they just say they do because of beer snobbery, sorry not sorry lol.

"beer snobbery" LMAO! What a hoot!

Tasty IPA, ice cold with a nice creamy head in a frozen pint glass.......THEE BEST!

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I like a good Moscow mule that's made right. No ginger ale, don't skip on the lime juice. I couldn't believe when I went to Ruth's Chris for my birthday, and ordered a mule, it was literally a glass of vodka with a splash of ginger ale, like aren't y'all supposed to do everything right?

I love a properly made Moscow mule. Dangerously good.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I love a properly made Moscow mule. Dangerously good.

I have a friend that is very ritualistic in making MMs. Icy cold copper mugs, fresh limes, the best vodkas, and I think he spends more on the ginger beer than the vodka! Looks like a priest at the altar while making them. lol Pretty damn good.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Funny because I don't know any beer you giys are talking about. So either you guys are absolute beer hipsters either we don't have the same ones here.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Funny because I don't know any beer you giys are talking about. So either you guys are absolute beer hipsters either we don't have the same ones here.

Some are locally brewed, small batch stuff that are probably only available in the US. Tsingtao is Chinese and I would guess available worldwide. Certainly you can get Guiness(?). Not sure about Miller Lite, Coors, etc..

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Some are locally brewed, small batch stuff that are probably only available in the US. Tsingtao is Chinese and I would guess available worldwide. Certainly you can get Guiness(?). Not sure about Miller Lite, Coors, etc..
Guiness I know (but don't really like), heard of Miller Lite but not sure I tasted it, and I know Corona (which I liked when I tried).
I've seen IPAs being mentionned and I tried one that I really enjoyed, although I can't remember its name...

Tank

Hall of Famer
I don't understand lite beer as a concept - and it's a purely American concept as well

Yeah, some really aren't beer, per se, more so a "malted beverage" and a few are just downright nasty. One that I think is really good is Yuengling Light which actually retains a lot of taste of the original lager. I sometimes enjoy Coors Light which is more of a carbonated malt beverage than a beer. It's taste is really quite refreshing, especially when the weather is hot and you can drink quite a few without getting smashed. lol I think the attraction to light beers for most is that they aren't as filling.