• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Zach Orr's Potential Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I am not really concerned that we lost Orr. I feel that we will be just fine with Correa and Bowser. I hope that Orr's return to the NFL will not affect his health. His chance of serious injury may be slim but the consequences could be severe. I hope he lives a long HEALTHY life.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
zach orr isn't that good of a player. He's a servicable linebacker. He's Jameel McClain territory at best. He sure as hell isn't bart scott or something

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Orr is saying that he only talked to our doctors at the time and that his decision to retire was premature. He also said that everyone was telling him to get a second opinion and he was crazy not to.

Ok then... good luck finding another team's medical staff that will clear you.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
zach orr isn't that good of a player. He's a servicable linebacker. He's Jameel McClain territory at best. He sure as hell isn't bart scott or something

you're way off on this one.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really hope he knows what he is doing and is receiving the correct information he needs to make the right decision. If he is cleared to play then obviously I would like him to play here if he is really ready to go.

Based on what we saw last year, he is only an upgrade to our defense.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

His best season ever was his last with the Giants,

he posted 116 tackles and 2.5 sacks

Zach? In year 3, 133 tackles and 3 int

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
His best season ever was his last with the Giants,

he posted 116 tackles and 2.5 sacks

Zach? In year 3, 133 tackles and 3 int
Zach doesn't get those stats if CJ doesn't blow up the play for him. Hence why I have 0 worries about Bowser or even Correa taking over.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I just wish we had more information on Correa and Bowser to see if they really are progressing enough to win the starting job.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zach doesn't get those stats if CJ doesn't blow up the play for him. Hence why I have 0 worries about Bowser or even Correa taking over.

If one player is on the field making everything easier for another player then it's a good thing, I am not going to take away from Ray Lewis playing well when he had monsters on the d-line helping him out.

I hope you are correct and that we can just plug someone else in to replicate what he did.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If one player is on the field making everything easier for another player then it's a good thing, I am not going to take away from Ray Lewis playing well when he had monsters on the d-line helping him out.

I hope you are correct and that we can just plug someone else in to replicate what he did.
Yes, but Ray Lewis was more than just a fabulous player. He was a tremendous leader that could turn a unit around at any given moment. Ray made everyone look better around him. Orr didn't make the players look better, it was the other way around.

Yes, it didn't hurt having the Ngata, Reed and company playing around Lewis, but let's not forget who the leader was. Lewis looking better and Orr looking better because of the players they had around them is far from the same thing, imo.

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eye test. ORR isnt great..there are plenty of linebackers better than him. There are some guys who were good with or without ray lewis next to them IMO. The best we have had next to ray is Bart Scott ( i like him more than J.Sharper). Scott was a great player with or without ray.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Agree - while I like Orr, and would have preferred him not retiring bc he had at least proven capable of playing the role next to CJ -- its absolutely true imo that Orr doesnt look nearly as good if Mosley wasnt next to him.

The games CJ was out, the defense as a whole suffered, but i dont remember Orr showing up that much. Often time he was just a beneficiary, doing the easy clean up after the DL and CJ doing the dirty work.

Not saying hes a bad player, or that he wouldnt help us or cant help some other team.... just that i dont think hes truly an All-Pro caliber player. I also have faith in Correa to step up. And i dont want to see Orr come back for the wrong reasons or based on a bad opinion and end up paralyzed or worse - dead.

Glad we're sticking to our guns for moral reasons... but i think there are justifiable football reasons to move on now too. Between Correa, Bowser, Onwuasor, Levine, or McLellan - we'll be just fine.

Rather spend that money on a C.

The Raven

Veteran
That article is chilling.

The more this kind of shit comes to light, the more I wonder if I'll be watching next year.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
If that doesn't make you love this guy... Just 3 years playing here in Baltimore, and you can tell hes genuine in his love for the team, the city and the fans.

Shame this happened, and sad that he has to retire after his breakout season. But definitely relieved i wont have to ever see, or even worry about, him ending up dead, paralyzed, or anything else in the middle of the field.

Glad teams did the right thing and put his health ahead of getting a good player.

He made 1.5M in three years, thats more than enough to be set for life and buy his mom a home so all that work wasnt for nothing.

Maybe he can be an assistant position coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.