• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Darren Waller Suspended

There is no reason to keep him. Why have him running around camp, when he's gone for an entire year.

That said, I'm sorry - if it is weed, it is just time this league - really our entire nation get over itself. A grown man should have his right to live his life as he chooses. If his actions outside of his work do not affect his work in any detectable way, then why should the employer care? Time to move on.

I'm not an avid pot smoker, but think that the NFL should catch up with the real world. If you're going to lay down suspensions like this for weed, then do it for alcohol abuse as well.
The NFL is not alone.. Even though most employers screen, in general, they only screen on the way in the door and then only follow-up if the employee gives the company a reason to ... poor performance or other warning signs of abuse. This concept of random testing is BS. It is certainly within the employers right - I just don't understand what it is that they think they are accomplishing.

Tank

Hall of Famer
The NFL is not alone.. Even though most employers screen, in general, they only screen on the way in the door and then only follow-up if the employee gives the company a reason to ... poor performance or other warning signs of abuse. This concept of random testing is BS. It is certainly within the employers right - I just don't understand what it is that they think they are accomplishing.

In general business, especially where employees operate vehicles or machinery, it's all about insurance and premiums.

For me the issue lies in the general acceptance, or at least a certain tolerance, of alcohol abuse, but treating pot like it is heroin.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Another one bites the dust... Gilmore probably set him up to make sure his every down TE prediction comes true. Watch your back Watson.

Whatever our personal opinions are about weed everyone knows what the rules are, we cant afford to keep idiots on this team.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
There is no reason to keep him. Why have him running around camp, when he's gone for an entire year.

That said, I'm sorry - if it is weed, it is just time this league - really our entire nation get over itself. A grown man should have his right to live his life as he chooses. If his actions outside of his work do not affect his work in any detectable way, then why should the employer care? Time to move on.

I think he's still eligible to practice in traning camp and play in this year preseason. If The Ravens still like Waller upside and have faith in him to come back as a better player and etc then it's possible they keep Waller around.If anything he will be a camp body that could showcase to The Ravens why he deserves playing for the team in 2018. It's ashame Waller is suspended for a year especially since Greg Roman seems to value speed at the tighend position. I was interested and seeing how he could be utilize in The Ravens offfense due to Roman influence .

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
There aren't many jobs that offer six hundred thousand dollars and allow you to break their rules for employment three times.
Cut him.

Nick Boyle, after a second offense should have been released as well.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I think he's still eligible to practice in traning camp and play in this year preseason. If The Ravens still like Waller upside and have faith in him to come back as a better player and etc then it's possible they keep Waller around.If anything he will be a camp body that could showcase to The Ravens why he deserves playing for the team in 2018. It's ashame Waller is suspended for a year especially since Greg Roman seems to value speed at the tighend position. I was interested and seeing how he could be utilize in The Ravens offfense due to Roman influence .

You may be right in that the Ravens may still see potential in him but they also see the potential for him to continue with the bad decisions. Weed being a non-addictive recreational choice, with the key word being "choice", is obviously something important enough to him that he chose to again risk his playing time and salary. I can't feel sorry for him as it was his decision.

True, he is allowed to participate in camp as well as preseason games but with a looming year long plus suspension, I feel it would be more equitable for the team to give those reps to players who can help this team during this season.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Another one bites the dust... Gilmore probably set him up to make sure his every down TE prediction comes true. Watch your back Watson.
Upon watching his back, Crockett tore his ACL/MCL.
We seriously might draft a TE in the first round next year at this rate.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Upon watching his back, Crockett tore his ACL/MCL.
We seriously might draft a TE in the first round next year at this rate.
I think the team really wants to see what they have in Boyle and Williams. Williams was a 1st round talent coming out of college and somehow slipped into the second round so the team traded up. Boyle showed some promise but does have drug history. I think the talent is there, I think the players just need to somehow stay on the field. I loved what I saw of Williams in his rookie year near the end.