• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Record Books, The Steelers and The Weather

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
Me and my wife just left the game, there was a goddamn rg3 chant stadium wide.

how many teams have a stadium wide chant for the backup when the starter is league mvp and there’s ZERO controversy. That’s wild
Love that. We were at the MNF game in LA and there were also RG3 chants after he came in. Pretty seamless switch from the MVP chants for Lamar.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Been saying this for weeks and was delighted to see it come true. Gus Edwards is good enough to be a starting running back in the NFL. He was great with Flacco and rookie Lamar minus the fumbles, which I think we're mostly on Lamar tbf. He's been great this year too. Like Jesus christ guy. What running back number 2 has over 700 yards when the top back has over a 1000 and the fucking quarterback has over 1200. Like come on. I legitimately think he needs to be utilized more in the playoffs than he was even in the regular season. Dude is straight beast mode. Always positive yards.

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
Me and my wife just left the game, there was a goddamn rg3 chant stadium wide.

how many teams have a stadium wide chant for the backup when the starter is league mvp and there’s ZERO controversy. That’s wild

Every completion he made he celebrated like he just threw a TD pass to win the super bowl. It was pretty hilarious considering his stat line. lol

Been saying this for weeks and was delighted to see it come true. Gus Edwards is good enough to be a starting running back in the NFL. He was great with Flacco and rookie Lamar minus the fumbles, which I think we're mostly on Lamar tbf. He's been great this year too. Like Jesus christ guy. What running back number 2 has over 700 yards when the top back has over a 1000 and the fucking quarterback has over 1200. Like come on. I legitimately think he needs to be utilized more in the playoffs than he was even in the regular season. Dude is straight beast mode. Always positive yards.
Best #2 in the league by far, and yes he could be a #1 on any team. If Ingram for some reason could not go I feel good about Gus, and I like what I saw in Hill tonight.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this video right here is a clear indication of why we will win the superbowl if we do win it - that is 1 team with 1 goal and leaders all over the locker room in all the key spots and they love each other

i have never seen a team with that kind of togetherness

and RGIII showing in this why he's invaluable to this team this year despite hardly playing and im glad he got to play today

I saw a lot of tentative play by our linebackers and secondary whenever they ran the ball, Im guessing everyone was focused on staying healthy. It was like a Pro Bowl game lol

Best #2 in the league by far, and yes he could be a #1 on any team. If Ingram for some reason could not go I feel good about Gus, and I like what I saw in Hill tonight.

He is explosive when hes fresh but imo he seems to slow down quickly, even without the lions share of carries

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I love Gus

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Glad Gus was the one who carried us to the record. He deserved it. I rather have the single season rushing record than the passing record. I have always been a Smash-mouth kind of guy. That is Raven football! Besides, if we get the right receivers Lamar will get us the passing record also

He is explosive when hes fresh but imo he seems to slow down quickly, even without the lions share of carries
IDK, I sure didn’t see that tonight. He put up some pretty good numbers. 130 yards on 21 carries for a 6.2 YPC. The one blemish was the fumble.