• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Record Books, The Steelers and The Weather

Freedom

Practice Squad
I guarantee that's not going to be the problem. Although he can be signed this offseason due to it being his third season, we have to extend Stanley first and Judon if we are going to extend him. Humphrey still has two more season, so I'd consider signing him next season. The 2020 offseason only has Clark and Humphrey as the big free agent signings. Wouldn't be surprised to see Clark extended this offseason either.
We’re also focusing on defense to solidify the Super Bowl window in the draft this year, these next few years will be fun. Clark has been a diamond in the rough, excited about him.

AB without Ben from 2011-2017 32 catches 433 yards 0 TDs which is 62 YPG compared to JuJu’s 3 TDs and 46 YPG. Wouldn’t say overhyped at all, seems like the Steelers aren’t prepared to have an offense without Ben.

Juju is overhyped much the same way the Steelers nation overhyped James Conner. Theyre just a huge step down in talent level from what they had with AB and Bell.

Freedom

Practice Squad
Juju is overhyped much the same way the Steelers nation overhyped James Conner. Theyre just a huge step down in talent level from what they had with AB and Bell.
Nah he isn’t, next year he will have a huge bounce back year. Conner though he a good RB but he’s made of glass, looks like he will part ways with the team due to that.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If you truly think all he does is play video games then you’re stupid. Sorry, but he puts tremendous amount of work everyday, just because he doesn’t post it doesn’t mean he doesn’t. What ball control does he have to work on again? 2 fumbles in 3 years.. Thats great for a WR especially for their first 3 years. Juju has been injured this year along with playing with 3 different QBs and arguably the worst OC in the league. Humphrey also did an amazing peanut punch and the saints guy did a great defensive play too. I hope we can keep Humphrey long term easily one of the best corners in the league.
I guess I’m stupid then, according to a practice squad poster. You really a Steeler fan in disguise? Because you sure are sticking up for them

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Thank you. JuJu ain’t no number one. Fumbles in crunch time situations. Probably focused on his next vlog. Conner isn’t that great either.

Freedom

Practice Squad
I guess I’m stupid then, according to a practice squad poster. You really a Steeler fan in disguise? Because you sure are sticking up for them
Don’t disrespect me like that, no way in hell I am but I am unbiased about them. Let’s be real here.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Don’t disrespect me like that, no way in hell I am but I am unbiased about them. Let’s be real here.
So, you call @JAAM stupid but find it disrespectful when he points out you're mostly talking about Pittsburgh players as a new member around here?
Way to introduce yourself to the board...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
something that hasn't been brought up but is great news

RG BEN POWERS, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Making his NFL debut, 2019 fourth-round pick Powers was exceptional when he entered the game in the second quarter. Powers didn’t allow a pressure and was solid in run-blocking making way to a 78.8 run-block grade.

This is what I came here for. The fact they were able to run like that with a new guy in the lineup, against that front is incredible. Also has me thinking if they couldn't slow down RG3 none of these playoff teams will be able to slow us down on the ground. Whoever we see in the divisional round is getting thrashed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is what I came here for. The fact they were able to run like that with a new guy in the lineup, against that front is incredible. Also has me thinking if they couldn't slow down RG3 none of these playoff teams will be able to slow us down on the ground. Whoever we see in the divisional round is getting thrashed.

@Filmstudy hasn't released the OL grades yet on filmstudybaltimore but he has released the podcast where he talks through them with Gordon McGuinness of PFF (also a ravens fan) in tandem with the PFF grades for the game... you can find the podcast here if interested https://filmstudybaltimore.com/offense-notes-steelers-ravens-week-17/ (i thought it was one of the best episodes of the season)

and Powers graded out with an A while Ehinger languished with a D - notably Powers didnt have any negative pass rushing events in his snaps which is really promising

what's great is that both PFF and Ken were similarly positive about Powers in the game

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guarantee that's not going to be the problem. Although he can be signed this offseason due to it being his third season, we have to extend Stanley first and Judon if we are going to extend him. Humphrey still has two more season, so I'd consider signing him next season. The 2020 offseason only has Clark and Humphrey as the big free agent signings. Wouldn't be surprised to see Clark extended this offseason either.
I think we should definitely prioritize Stanley and Judon now if we’re going to keep them. I agree that we should extend them over Humphrey not just because of the additional years, but because it’s the smart move too. It’ll cause less contention too with Peters since you’ll give some time between he and Humphrey‘s contracts. Stanley should be top dog then Judon.
We’re also focusing on defense to solidify the Super Bowl window in the draft this year, these next few years will be fun. Clark has been a diamond in the rough, excited about him.
I don’t know about going solely after defense. It’s a great idea since it’s where we’re weak but I also like the idea of becoming an offensive powerhouse. The only position I feel strongly about going defense is Edge but I’d take a safety or CB or IDL or any position in the first really outside maybe QB and possibly TE. WR, RB, OL, Edge, ILB, S, CB, DL are all areas where we can improve.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Filmstudy hasn't released the OL grades yet on filmstudybaltimore but he has released the podcast where he talks through them with Gordon McGuinness of PFF (also a ravens fan) in tandem with the PFF grades for the game... you can find the podcast here if interested https://filmstudybaltimore.com/offense-notes-steelers-ravens-week-17/ (i thought it was one of the best episodes of the season)

and Powers graded out with an A while Ehinger languished with a D - notably Powers didnt have any negative pass rushing events in his snaps which is really promising

what's great is that both PFF and Ken were similarly positive about Powers in the game
I felt Powers showed great pop in his hands and a quick get off with an ability to strike first and move the defender. Also appears more athletic in space.
powers.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I felt Powers showed great pop in his hands and a quick get off with an ability to strike first and move the defender. Also appears more athletic in space.
View attachment 2140

some promising signs for sure - makes me wonder why the ravens didnt just give him the whole game - surely he's done enough there to warrant being the 7th OL on gamedays unless they keep the others because of position flexibility to cover more than 1 position? that could, i suppose, also be why they decided to give starter snaps to ehinger - because he's more likely to be active in the playoffs...

either way though it would have been nicer to see powers play the whole game - next offseason's going to be a big deal for powers and i hope yanda sticks around after the season because its invaluable having him in the building with the young guys

Freedom

Practice Squad
Really hoping that Roman doesn’t leave. Would be a major blow to our offense,
Did we kick squealers ass or what?
Just fun saying it.
Hell yea we did! Love sweeping them, but I hate that we lost to the browns I hate those fuckers the most.