• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Record Books, The Steelers and The Weather

Tank

Hall of Famer
Been saying this for weeks and was delighted to see it come true. Gus Edwards is good enough to be a starting running back in the NFL. He was great with Flacco and rookie Lamar minus the fumbles, which I think we're mostly on Lamar tbf. He's been great this year too. Like Jesus christ guy. What running back number 2 has over 700 yards when the top back has over a 1000 and the fucking quarterback has over 1200. Like come on. I legitimately think he needs to be utilized more in the playoffs than he was even in the regular season. Dude is straight beast mode. Always positive yards.
Gus played very little with Flacco. He wasn’t activated until week 6 in 2018 and only had 15 carries before the bye.
I’ve always been a big fan and the more he plays the better he looks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He is explosive when hes fresh but imo he seems to slow down quickly, even without the lions share of carries

the physical work he did in the offseason to trim down and get faster has worked absolute wonders - he's a big back who gets downhill and he hasnt lost that punishing ability but he's now added an element of speed in the open-field that has allowed him to really threaten when he gets to level 2

harbs has referred to him as a starting rb in this league and its an absolute luxury having him as our 2nd rb because there's no real let off when we spell ingram - we can bring in gus and just destroy the souls of a defence because both those guys just take so much pleasure in finishing their runs

Tank

Hall of Famer
Glad Gus was the one who carried us to the record. He deserved it. I rather have the single season rushing record than the passing record. I have always been a Smash-mouth kind of guy. That is Raven football! Besides, if we get the right receivers Lamar will get us the passing record also
Guessing your evening plans don’t include everything you had hoped for. LMAO!

IDK, I sure didn’t see that tonight. He put up some pretty good numbers. 130 yards on 21 carries for a 6.2 YPC. The one blemish was the fumble.

I dont think he was tired tonight he was just not running as hard as he usually does, but thats because the whole team was playing cautiously. And he still ran all over them

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Glad Gus was the one who carried us to the record. He deserved it. I rather have the single season rushing record than the passing record. I have always been a Smash-mouth kind of guy. That is Raven football! Besides, if we get the right receivers Lamar will get us the passing record also
What was the passing record?

Question: Has there been a more overhyped WR than Juju in recent memory? the guy feasted off of ABs coattails and ended up doing nothing when he had to step up. Has 3 tds this season and one was against us taking it easy.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Question: Has there been a more overhyped WR than Juju in recent memory? the guy feasted off of ABs coattails and ended up doing nothing when he had to step up. Has 3 tds this season and one was against us taking it easy.
Some here said he was better than AB

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Been saying this for weeks and was delighted to see it come true. Gus Edwards is good enough to be a starting running back in the NFL. He was great with Flacco and rookie Lamar minus the fumbles, which I think we're mostly on Lamar tbf. He's been great this year too. Like Jesus christ guy. What running back number 2 has over 700 yards when the top back has over a 1000 and the fucking quarterback has over 1200. Like come on. I legitimately think he needs to be utilized more in the playoffs than he was even in the regular season. Dude is straight beast mode. Always positive yards.

I can see Edwards getting starting RB money from a team when he becomes a free agent, I hope it would be us but can see him landing a big deal the way Michael Turner did after backing up LT for a a few years for the Chargers.

We got every element of this game that I hoped for:

No injuries
Win the game
Break the rushing record
Watch our D feast on Duck

Our o line short 2 pro bowlers dominated a highly touted defensive front that was at full force. Our run game is 2nd to none.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We got every element of this game that I hoped for:

No injuries
Win the game
Break the rushing record
Watch our D feast on Duck

Our o line short 2 pro bowlers dominated a highly touted defensive front that was at full force. Our run game is 2nd to none.

possibly one of the top 2 fronts in football got rode rough-shod over by our OL despite being absent 2 probable 2019 all-pros

Seeing the way the Steelers decided to go after RGIII it makes it clear and obvious why we didn’t put Lamar out there today.

The league better ensure the refs keep an eye on this shit. They need to protect Lamar like they have always protected the other league golden geese like Brady and Peyton.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seeing the way the Steelers decided to go after RGIII it makes it clear and obvious why we didn’t put Lamar out there today.

The league better ensure the refs keep an eye on this shit. They need to protect Lamar like they have always protected the other league golden geese like Brady and Peyton.

i think its partly down to what james harrison said earlier in the year that nobody had tried what he thought was the clearest way to play against someone like lamar which was to hit them on any read-option looking play and make sure he feels the hit

and that's what dupree and watt did a few times today with RGIII they went after him even without the ball and it only got flagged once or twice

but there's also the added threat that 1) they might not be able to do that to lamar because he's too hard to hit and doesnt just stand there after the handoff when he's faking - ironically helps him avoid those kinds of hits without them being even more egregious 2) if they dare, marshal yanda will be back on the field and he legitimately might kill them - dude gets those crazy eyes when he's on the football field