• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Record Books, The Steelers and The Weather

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
I understand why you do it, but Tom Landry screws me up every time I see it. I'm a former skins fan for gods sake!!!

Tom Landry was described as one of the classiest figures in NFL history. He also was a devout Christian like myself so I honor him with the avatar. Lastly, his influence on the game is well documented.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tom Landry was described as one of the classiest figures in NFL history. He also was a devout Christian like myself so I honor him with the avatar. Lastly, his influence on the game is well documented.
I know your reasoning and I respect it. Joe Gibbs was as well .....

How does the injury report look for the first playoff game? I think Ingram and Stanley are our only major concerns.
Stanley should be absolutely no issue. I'd be surprised if he shows up on the injury report at all.

Ingram ... we still aren't sure what his status will be. I think there is little doubt he will play, but not sure if he's going to be 100%. Not all calf strains are equal and they gave a pretty broad definition of "mild to moderate". Those injuries can be really hard to completely bounce back from. I won't be surprised if he appears on the injury list as questionable when we play, but how much he may be limited won't really be known until he hits the field.

I guess the good thing is we have seen that Gus is a very competent backup.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean we also had massive change mid-season at all the positions that normally compile tackle stats - we've got 2 completely different ILBs to the 2/3 that we expected to start even as recently as week 4...

and at safety, chuck clark who leads the team in tackles only took over the start at safety after TJ got injured - he wasnt even regularly playing the dime before then either...

so those are also both major factors on top of the low snaps

Tank

Hall of Famer
I can see Edwards getting starting RB money from a team when he becomes a free agent, I hope it would be us but can see him landing a big deal the way Michael Turner did after backing up LT for a a few years for the Chargers.
2 more years, we’ll be ready to pay as a #1 by then.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Don’t understand the fascination with JuJu. The kid gets on my damn nerves. Maybe focus on ball control instead of playing video games and being on YouTube.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
from the Steelers board about the fake punt from our own 11 yard line

"I care. It was a slap in the face to Mike Tomlin who probably deserved it from years ago on the Jacoby Jones punt return."

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
it just really feels like something special is happening
we just have to hope we dont go the same way as some of those other historic regular season teams that end up faltering at the end

Nothing will happen if we take each playoff game one at a time.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This team feels like it did back when we last won it all. The whole team is playing for each other and unified under Lamar as its leader. It definitely is an exciting time to be a Ravens fan.