• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

Perhaps I 'm more focused on how the weather could impact our game than I should, but I'm still of the mind that we've got a much more dynamic offense than the Titans and that we want conditions to be favorable for us to hit them with everything we've got. Here's the latest update:

upload_2020-1-9_9-40-13.png

This has been changing day by day and the rain keeps getting pushed back. The 10 day forecast had the rain starting Friday and carrying on all weekend, which would have led to a slop fest. Then the 5 day forecast said it was to start early evening. Now it is after midnight. The wind isn't totally insignificant, but shouldn't be a major hinderance.

As time passes, the front seems to be moving slower than expected so it may not get here until we're already locked in for the AFC Championship.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

never sounded like he'd had a set-back - just us being cautious with a veteran coming back from an injury and complaining of tightness... nice that he's back on the field today though - although i do wonder if today was just walkthroughs or not... normally that's on friday but also we're playing saturday not sunday so who knows how that changes/changed things

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
never sounded like he'd had a set-back - just us being cautious with a veteran coming back from an injury and complaining of tightness... nice that he's back on the field today though - although i do wonder if today was just walkthroughs or not... normally that's on friday but also we're playing saturday not sunday so who knows how that changes/changed things
I wake up every morning with “tightness” that I swear would put me on IR and I haven’t ran in probably a year, few hours later i feel fine.

Mark Ingram probably had the same, except he’s at least in good enough shape to be considered a standard human or better, I’m well below that threshold. I was never that concerned.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wake up every morning with “tightness” that I swear would put me on IR and I haven’t ran in probably a year, few hours later i feel fine.

Mark Ingram probably had the same, except he’s at least in good enough shape to be considered a standard human or better, I’m well below that threshold. I was never that concerned.

apparently harbs said that ingram was limited according to zrebiec and that they'll see how it goes - the fact that he was on the practice field today is promising but as always we'll have to wait and see i guess

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jayon Brown, probably the Titans best cover linebacker is likely out for Saturday's game - that's big - Rashaan Evans is much better coming downhill than in coverage and wesley woodyard is very much not a cover type linebacker either - this is a unit that's repeatedly had problems covering tight ends and now likely missing their best option in that regard - we already have the advantage in that area but this is good news for us if it holds

Reactions: cdp

This is just one of those, who the hell knows, deals. We'll find out along with the Titans.

I think the concern would remain - even if it wasn't a set-back in last weeks practices - if he goes full speed on a football field on Saturday, how great is the risk of there being a set back? If the team MDs think that risk is high, you'd hate to see him only in for a few plays and not impacting this game and be lost for games going forward.

Hope this all works out.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

mixed messages on ingram (my guess is that he's likely to be active but the question is going to be about workload)

great news for the ravens on jayon brown being confirmed out

Honestly with Brown being out for the Titans I expect the workload to be finished be the end of the first half. I just do not see how the Titans cover the Ravens TEs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My guess is gus Edwards gets the bulk on the reps, and if Ingram’s services are needed he’ll be called upon and we will see how he responds.

I’m not expecting some all downhill gut punch of a rush attack, I think we’re gonna spread them out as much as possible, Casey is a load, Evans is a load, and byard is a strong coverage safety, but their defense outside of that is questionable at best, adoree Jackson can be had, kamalei Correa is the guy i expect to see directly victimized often in this game, he may get benched by halftime, he’s so wildly undisciplined and can not contain or set an edge to save his life and he’s gonna cost the titans dearly as we spread them out and attack their edges and make them chase us all day.

their strength is clearly the 2 men in the middle and we do a hell of a job scheming away from strengths and dominating literally everywhere else on the field, if we made Aaron Donald and Michael brockers COMPLETE non factors, then I feel goddamn good about making Simmons and Casey non factors, Rashaan Evans is the guy that’s gonna be a bitch to avoid, but I feel strongly that he won’t be such a load when we start to open it up and attack them in the air.

another thing I’m hoping is that pees does what he does and doesn’t allow for shadowing, keep marquise brown away from adoree Jackson, guys like Roberts and Boykin and Snead can bully Jackson often, but Jackson is one of the few in this league who can run with Hollywood.

we need lots of moving from Hollywood to keep him away from adoree Jackson, we need to convince them that they HAVE to shadow Hollywood, we need to take Hollywood to the deep boundaries and keep byard away from the hashes, and then drop a shitstorm upon their linebackers heads with our tight ends and anytime you see man coverage god dammit Lamar you do one of 2 things, you call it hot to Hollywood and go deep, or you extend the play until all back are turned and you gash them with the scramble