• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yeah HOU is good for winning maybe a game in the playoffs but I wouldn’t trust them to go on winning games. I think they could pass their first divisional round but I don’t know if they have the coaching to go beyond.
They can beat Bills on Watson's and Nuk's talent but they definitely don't have coaching to do any other damage in the playoffs.
Not many worse coaches than O'Brien in the league.

Just realised I'll be watching this game in my hotel room overlooking Broadbeach on the Gold Coast. 12pm start so I might move the TV on the balcony and drink beers in the sun whilst watching everyone freeze lol

Man these WC games in the AFC are really hard to call. Titans actually seem to be the hottest of the group, but really can they be trusted to go into Foxboro and win? Yeah, the Pats may be just that bad right now and no amount of summoning the spirits of the past can get them by.

Titans 24 Pats 17

Houston is perhaps the most inconsistent team out there, however, they've just proven more to me than have the Bills

Texans 23 Bills 13

Unfortunately, in this scenario, we get the hottest team and KC gets the most inconsistent ... which would mean after a big win, Texans would be prime for a let down.

In many ways, I'd rather face either Bills or Texans than Titans ... but you just can't say. Titans, particularly if they have Fuller back by then and if Watt is playing and effective, they could be a problem.

I think I just need to take that attitude that - I don't care who we play. If we go out and play our game, we cannot be beat. We just have to count on bringing our A game for the next 3.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Just realised I'll be watching this game in my hotel room overlooking Broadbeach on the Gold Coast. 12pm start so I might move the TV on the balcony and drink beers in the sun whilst watching everyone freeze lol
I keep telling everybody - there's no experience like watching January/February football in the southern hemisphere.

Pats

Veteran
I can see the bills beating houston, but they are both random teams to be honest. I think bills would put up the best fight against baltimore out of the WC contenders.

What’s the Gold Coast?

It's a popular holiday destination in Queensland, Australia.

20191231_134229.jpg

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In many ways, I'd rather face either Bills or Texans than Titans ... but you just can't say. Titans, particularly if they have Fuller back by then and if Watt is playing and effective, they could be a problem.

I think I just need to take that attitude that - I don't care who we play. If we go out and play our game, we cannot be beat. We just have to count on bringing our A game for the next 3.

yeah it feels odd but i do also need to remind myself when worrying about this that we are the best team in the AFC and that ultimately we should beat whoever comes our way as long as we execute

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
yeah it feels odd but i do also need to remind myself when worrying about this that we are the best team in the AFC and that ultimately we should beat whoever comes our way as long as we execute
The only way to look at it.
And I bet all the other teams and fans are much more worried about us, in Baltimore.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No - Titans are the toughest WC team this year.
yes but they were one of the teams that knocked us out of the playoffs when we lost to the Bungles the last week of the season. Bills and Titans ended up in the wild card. I'd like to beat the shit out of them like we did last year and break the sack record as well.

I don't care who we play.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
yes but they were one of the teams that knocked us out of the playoffs when we lost to the Bungles the last week of the season. Bills and Titans ended up in the wild card. I'd like to beat the shit out of them like we did last year and break the sack record as well.

I don't care who we play.
It's funny you mentioned that because in 2017, our loss to the Titans was the true difference maker. Then, we got revenge the following season though it was early.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's funny you mentioned that because in 2017, our loss to the Titans was the true difference maker. Then, we got revenge the following season though it was early.
forgot about why they held the tie breaker against us that year, but you're right.