• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
My sense is we need to prepare to play the Tennessee Titans on the 11th. I don't know why but my instincts tell me we'll be playing them. I literally feel that they may be the best team we play on our way to the SB. We'll beat them but Henry will be a load to handle.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
My sense is we need to prepare to play the Tennessee Titans on the 11th. I don't know why but my instincts tell me we'll be playing them. I literally feel that they may be the best team we play on our way to the SB. We'll beat them but Henry will be a load to handle.
TEN & KC would be our toughest matches and we’ll likely play either. I think it’ll be TEN or HOU against us and I am not sure I can trust NE to beat TEN. I agree with you that it’ll probably be TEN @ BAL & HOU @ KC. Kinda sucks we don’t have it reversed but whatever. I’d rather KC play TEN than vice versa.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I get this feeling too and the last time they played in the wild card round, they lost to us. You know how we beat them? The ground game. I looked this up, Ray Rice ran for 159 yards and 2 TDs that day including the one 83 yard TD the first play of the game. The Titans have Derrick Henry who led the league in rushing and averages 5.1 per rushing attempt. AJ Brown has come on strong late in the year and has developed a connection with Tannehill, this is my upset of Wild Card Weekend.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How you ask what is Gold Coast and follow that by OBX without url/map, making me do research?
Lol outer banks North Carolina. It’s basically like a 200 some mile stretch of sandbar way out in the Atlantic, it’s secluded and essentially no rules on the beach lol. I went there once and there’s a gap between beach and house that’s packed with pine trees, it was the only place I’ve ever seen that.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You think titans>Kc?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
TEN & KC would be our toughest matches and we’ll likely play either. I think it’ll be TEN or HOU against us and I am not sure I can trust NE to beat TEN. I agree with you that it’ll probably be TEN @ BAL & HOU @ KC. Kinda sucks we don’t have it reversed but whatever. I’d rather KC play TEN than vice versa.
I think Tenn can infact win but i wouldnt bet on them lol.. Aj brown is liable not even have a catch vs gilmore.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The weather affected the Bills' offense as well though and I clearly remember Allen barely missing some deep balls to John Brown. I'm not terribly scared of the Bills or anything, but their defense is legit and they could keep the game really close.
I think a pats defense second time around would be much better than the first time we player them.. too bad we wont get a chance to play them in playoffs

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think a pats defense second time around would be much better than the first time we player them.. too bad we wont get a chance to play them in playoffs

Yeah, I'd rather not give BB another chance to try and stop our offense. I will say though that Hollywood is much healthier now than he was in our first game so that would be an interesting battle with Gilmore (I think Hollywood is one of the few WRs in the league that can give Gilmore problems just because of his speed). Regardless, they're likely not making it past the Titans and Chiefs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, I'd rather not give BB another chance to try and stop our offense. I will say though that Hollywood is much healthier now than he was in our first game so that would be an interesting battle with Gilmore (I think Hollywood is one of the few WRs in the league that can give Gilmore problems just because of his speed). Regardless, they're likely not making it past the Titans and Chiefs.
he had a few catches on him last time and Gilmore even went up to him after the game to give him a compliment.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
You think titans>Kc?
I really believe that they'll be the best team we face in the post season including KC. Tannehill is playing lights out, Henry is a force and AJ Brown is a stud receiver. They have Vrabel as HC and Pees as D-coordinator who's still very good at bending but not breaking.

How you ask what is Gold Coast and follow that by OBX without url/map, making me do research?
Haha really. I think there are many in the mid Atlantic states that may know the outer banks of NC but not know the contrived acronym OBX. Actually I’d not heard the OBX reference until I moved to NC 15 years ago. I’d been there many times in the 70s and early 80s one of my favorite places because you could pull off the road go on the beach and not see another human. It’s stll got it’s isolated areas but of course not quite the way it was many years ago.

When I hear Gold Coast I first think of the nation that has become Ghana

I really believe that they'll be the best team we face in the post season including KC. Tannehill is playing lights out, Henry is a force and AJ Brown is a stud receiver. They have Vrabel as HC and Pees as D-coordinator who's still very good at bending but not breaking.
Meh ... I agree the Titans are dangerous but I wouldn’t rank them over KC.

As fun as it was seeing the Pats shit the bed against Miami it would have been nice seeing KC and Titans play and seeing one of them get eliminated.

But again .. bring on all comers. We got this

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
he had a few catches on him last time and Gilmore even went up to him after the game to give him a compliment.

Yup and he was just coming back from the ankle sprain too so he was far less than 100 percent. He's much healthier now so I think he could really give Gilmore some problems, but we may not get to see the rematch until next regular season.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Not trying to hijack the thread, but just realized we are 2 years removed from the Bengals 4th and 12 mishap. Holy shit, what a difference two years makes and this is why teams need to take advantage of their moments.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Meh ... I agree the Titans are dangerous but I wouldn’t rank them over KC.

As fun as it was seeing the Pats shit the bed against Miami it would have been nice seeing KC and Titans play and seeing one of them get eliminated.

But again .. bring on all comers. We got this
You know what gave me the most comfort for the upcoming playoffs? Marshall Yanda's presser this morning! Man he was so focused and sure of what the Ravens are about. The Ravens team it seems is locked in to the task at hand, with the one game at time approach. They're not looking as far ahead at the SB like we fans are! I'm so comforted right now.