• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well I think the Titans can beat the Patriots assuming Tannehill doesn’t turn into the Dolphins version .
People forget tannehill played decent in miami. He wasnt a total scrub. I still dont trust him. They could possibly win but im def betting against them

The prevailing thought is that when teams see us a second time they will have figured out how to stop us. When listening to Romans presser this week I found it interesting that he looked back at how Steelers D approached us in the first meeting so we changed some things up and it worked well. IMO even without our top skill players we performed better offensively in week 17 than week 5 because we ran the ball at will.

Imagine that ... we actually have the ability to review what other teams try to do against our offense and can also make adjustments. Who knew?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ya know I think what we did to the steelers last week shouldn't go unnoticed if you really think about that, we without the mvp of the league, our two best offensive lineman, our number one touchdown scorer and third down receiver, without our number one run stuffer, without one of our top corners, absolutely blew Pitt out. And that was in terrible weather against a hated division rival in a week that meant nothing to us and everything to them. Why should we be nervous to play anyone else. I am in no way saying we are invincible, because we aren't, however we should welcome whoever is up next and not be fearful. I refuse to believe this Ravens team will get blown out if we ever lose. I think we'll be competitive bare minimum with whoever we play. All in all, I think we've got some really fun times ahead of us.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I kind of want to play the Bills or the Texans again so the narrative of a defense just needing to see Lamar once to figure him out can be laid to rest. I don’t think the Browns or Bengals count. Those defenses are horrendous.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I kind of want to play the Bills or the Texans again so the narrative of a defense just needing to see Lamar once to figure him out can be laid to rest. I don’t think the Browns or Bengals count. Those defenses are horrendous.
Lamar is 3-0 against the Bengals since becoming the starter
He is 2-1 against the Browns
He is 2-0 against the Steelers

Not bad vs. the AFC North, not bad at all.

I'd like to see those arguments put to rest as well

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The prevailing thought is that when teams see us a second time they will have figured out how to stop us. When listening to Romans presser this week I found it interesting that he looked back at how Steelers D approached us in the first meeting so we changed some things up and it worked well. IMO even without our top skill players we performed better offensively in week 17 than week 5 because we ran the ball at will.

Imagine that ... we actually have the ability to review what other teams try to do against our offense and can also make adjustments. Who knew?

Having seen what this offence has done late in the year I really think our ability to gameplan has been unbelievable during this winning streak and I think you’re right our adjustments have been awesome both week-to-week and in-game also

We definitely have an advantage from seeing how teams try and defend us because their options to do so are limited so we can scheme around that

So far the only thing that’s been able to slow down this offence at all since week 6 has been teams with great pass defences, really good DL play and bad weather

BaltRavens

Practice Squad

From the big picture, don't you think the NFL MVP and a Super Bowl title will override this statistic?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ya know I think what we did to the steelers last week shouldn't go unnoticed if you really think about that, we without the mvp of the league, our two best offensive lineman, our number one touchdown scorer and third down receiver, without our number one run stuffer, without one of our top corners, absolutely blew Pitt out. And that was in terrible weather against a hated division rival in a week that meant nothing to us and everything to them. Why should we be nervous to play anyone else. I am in no way saying we are invincible, because we aren't, however we should welcome whoever is up next and not be fearful. I refuse to believe this Ravens team will get blown out if we ever lose. I think we'll be competitive bare minimum with whoever we play. All in all, I think we've got some really fun times ahead of us.

Not only that but without a passing game our running game was still dominant despite missing the element that was thought to be the most key to its success (Lamar) and it still went over 200 yards against a really good defence

Our lowest rushing games were against the steelers in week 5, bengals in week 11 (when we decided to come out passing and not stop) and bills (when the weather dictated that passing wasn’t really a threat and they could come downhill hard)

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Here's another crazy stat too, and I think you'll be hard pressed to find another QB who has beaten half of the teams in the league by his second year. This is his second year and he's already beaten 16 different teams, which is insane. The only team Lamar hasn't beaten yet in the two years he has started, the Chiefs. I have a feeling we'll take care of that in the AFC Championship Game.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Us winning the SB this year will go against everything people thought they knew about football. It would basically be a cinderalla story imo. It would be too good to be true

purp

Practice Squad
Titans fans still hate us for taking Eddie George’s will to play football in 2001 and the hit that Ed/Ray put on CJ2K is 2009. Lots are wishing ill on Lamar.

Would love to see them in Baltimore in these playoffs for a good ol’ fashioned humbling like the Pats got in 2013.

(All aforementioned dates were playoff games which is why they may seem strange)

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Someone should have told that to Marty last year....

Tank

Hall of Famer
Us winning the SB this year will go against everything people thought they knew about football. It would basically be a cinderalla story imo. It would be too good to be true
It actually fits right in to what many people know about football. A balanced attack controlling possession along with good defense wins championships.

But I get what you’re saying and I think you’re referring specifically to the QB position. LJ running the way he does makes the whole thing that much more efficient and no one could see it coming. Definitely fairy tale stuff right there.