• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

WR/RB Thread

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
just double checked to see - aqib talib trade was for a 5th rounder - i feel like that's the closest trade comparison we have for jimmy recently
That’s probably what we would get if we’re lucky. The injuries certainly degrade his value and he would be best server for us as a hold trade if a team loses their top CB and we are desperate for a pick the next year. I’m tempted to keep him but it’s also hard to let go of Carr because he’s played very well

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What’s the difference in age and the cap that both Talib and Jimmy have

when talib was traded he was 32, and had a cap hit for his new team of 11m
jimmy will be 30 (most likely - could be 31 depending on how late we trade him), and would have a cap hit for his new team of 9.5m - we would eat 6.35m in dead cap)

key difference would be that jimmy only has 1 year left on his deal - talib had 2 when he was traded (and the 2nd year was only 8m)

so jimmy will be a younger corner with a lower cap hit for his future team but will only have 1 year remaining on his contract - im not sure what that does to his trade value

Is anyone else worried that Dixon and Gus could play so well for the remainder of the season that we’ll pass on picking up a RB during the offseason, only for Dixon to get another suspension or injury and for Gus to fade away like Alex Collins?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is anyone else worried that Dixon and Gus could play so well for the remainder of the season that we’ll pass on picking up a RB during the offseason, only for Dixon to get another suspension or injury and for Gus to fade away like Alex Collins?

I'm not too worried because Lamar is still our leading rusher so far this year and with only 3 games left, no one is reaching 1,000 yds on this team. This team needs more play-makers so I think we'll draft a RB regardless of how our current backs finish the season. Also, I think Collins is probably done with this team. His running style no longer meshes well with the line and he puts the ball on the ground far too often.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No, because Dixon is going into his final year of his contract. That and the fo knows his injury history.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Not worried because the front office wanted to add a rb in the draft this year despite Collins and buck and Dixon but the rbs we wanted got sniped ahead of us

With Dixon only having a year left on his contract, gus Edwards being a udfa, Collins being rfa (and injured and ineffective, Montgomery and buck both being ufa we’ve got some holes to fill

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not worried because the front office wanted to add a rb in the draft this year despite Collins and buck and Dixon but the rbs we wanted got sniped ahead of us

With Dixon only having a year left on his contract, gus Edwards being a udfa, Collins being rfa (and injured and ineffective, Montgomery and buck both being ufa we’ve got some holes to fill
Yep, think we just missed out on Mark Walton, but we will never know.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
DvXXMefXQAMg6JD.jpg:large

not a good look - mostly crabtree i assume who has either the 2nd most or most drops (depending on your source) in the league this year

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
DvXXMefXQAMg6JD.jpg:large

not a good look - mostly crabtree i assume who has either the 2nd most or most drops (depending on your source) in the league this year
Watch the Browns catch everything in sight while we drop damn near everything.....................like week 17 last year.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think we’ll draft one. Kinda sad that we don’t have a 2nd round pick. Seems like 2nd round is the sweet spot for RBs.
Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, Damien Harris probably all go 2nd round