• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

WR/RB Thread

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Could y’all imagine if Gus Edwards is actually the rb we’ve been looking for? What if he’s the real deal with lamar? They have an obvious chemistry on the zone read. I don’t wanna jump on the wagon too early but holy shit he looked good. If he becomes the workhorse we’ve needed all this time, and we can dedicate all of our resources to the OL and pass rush and don’t have to worry about a RB, that would be goddamned amazing

I enjoyed watching Gus ball!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Could y’all imagine if Gus Edwards is actually the rb we’ve been looking for? What if he’s the real deal with lamar? They have an obvious chemistry on the zone read. I don’t wanna jump on the wagon too early but holy shit he looked good. If he becomes the workhorse we’ve needed all this time, and we can dedicate all of our resources to the OL and pass rush and don’t have to worry about a RB, that would be goddamned amazing
It would be nice but after basically everyone thinking collins was the real deal and then this year see him absolutely fall off a cliff...I’m gonna wait a bit to jump on the wagon lol. But with that being said I’ve liked gus since the preseason and have been adamant that he’s a good runner.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It would be nice but after basically everyone thinking collins was the real deal and then this year see him absolutely fall off a cliff...I’m gonna wait a bit to jump on the wagon lol. But with that being said I’ve liked gus since the preseason and have been adamant that he’s a good runner.
I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, I’m saying what if lol. I’m not usually one to jump on any bandwagon too early, in fact I was downplaying the few runs gus had a few weeks ago when a lot of people were hyping him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lots of space left on the downhill runner train with Gus and Ken
I’m really liking lamar with a downhill runner, they sell out the edge to stop lamar so you need a inside runner, Makes me really like Benny snell if he’s available in the third which I think he will be, that kid is low to the ground, strong center of gravity, low of level bully of a runner.

I’d LOVE to see us be able to land nkeal Harry in the first, snell in the third, and hopefully find some OL talent in day 3 and FA

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m really liking lamar with a downhill runner, they sell out the edge to stop lamar so you need a inside runner, Makes me really like Benny snell if he’s available in the third which I think he will be, that kid is low to the ground, strong center of gravity, low of level bully of a runner.

I’d LOVE to see us be able to land nkeal Harry in the first, snell in the third, and hopefully find some OL talent in day 3 and FA

if we can get a 3rd round comp for ryan jensen i think that'll be huge for this team in 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
if we can get a 3rd round comp for ryan jensen i think that'll be huge for this team in 2019
Oh hell yeah. That would allow us to address skill positions AND add a quality OL before day 2 wraps up, that is huge for this team. It would also allow clear cut BPA in round 1 and just try to add a star rather than reaching for a need, and addressing some needs later. A 1st and a 3rd hurts for a team with all these needs. I’m PRAYING that we can get a 2 for joe and maybe a 4 for jimmy and then a third comp for Jensen. But I think it’s more likely one round later for all 3.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’d loveeeee Snell on this team.

But also just saw that this week Gus lead the nfl in yards after contact with over 5 yards PER RUN. That’s freaking insane. Mans doin it all himself. That’s the difference between he and Collins.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

But also just saw that this week Gus lead the nfl in yards after contact with over 5 yards PER RUN. That’s freaking insane. Mans doin it all himself. That’s the difference between he and Collins.
Collins had an absolutely absurd number in the same category last year, like an all time high number

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh hell yeah. That would allow us to address skill positions AND add a quality OL before day 2 wraps up, that is huge for this team. It would also allow clear cut BPA in round 1 and just try to add a star rather than reaching for a need, and addressing some needs later. A 1st and a 3rd hurts for a team with all these needs. I’m PRAYING that we can get a 2 for joe and maybe a 4 for jimmy and then a third comp for Jensen. But I think it’s more likely one round later for all 3.
You think we can get a 2 for Joe? I’d love that but I’m not sure it happens. I think it would require Joe to go a team with Kubiak as the OC or something that’s the only way. I just don’t know if people will bang the door down for Joe and I think that’s what it’ll take to get a 2. Why trade Jimmy? Is it injury history or performance because I know he’s got a decent hit but I still think he’s effective and has shown to be getting better as the season goes on.

Snell? Now you’re talking—that would be a nice pick up for us. I’ve been calling for him all offseason because I really like how he meshes with Jackson.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
we should have a 3rd round comp. we also received i believe a 4th for Correa, maybe a 5th can't remember.

maybe we can trade Flacco to the skins depending on how bad Alex Smiths injury is

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
we should have a 3rd round comp. we also received i believe a 4th for Correa, maybe a 5th can't remember.

maybe we can trade Flacco to the skins depending on how bad Alex Smiths injury is
I feel like it was a 5th for Correa but that would be nice to get a 4th—nvm I just looked it up and it was for a 6th. I forgot all about him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think jensen's gonna be right on the line of 3rd/4th a bit like ricky wagner was - jensen has a bigger contract than wagner but also the whole nfl contract landscape has increased as well - at least if we lose the 3rd down to a 4th it doesnt change the cancellations so we wont end up with a 6th/7th round comp pick in stead...

and correa was a 6th rounder

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You think we can get a 2 for Joe? I’d love that but I’m not sure it happens. I think it would require Joe to go a team with Kubiak as the OC or something that’s the only way. I just don’t know if people will bang the door down for Joe and I think that’s what it’ll take to get a 2. Why trade Jimmy? Is it injury history or performance because I know he’s got a decent hit but I still think he’s effective and has shown to be getting better as the season goes on.

Snell? Now you’re talking—that would be a nice pick up for us. I’ve been calling for him all offseason because I really like how he meshes with Jackson.
Note at the end I said all players mentioned would likely net us a whole round later than what I said I’m hoping for

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Note at the end I said all players mentioned would likely net us a whole round later than what I said I’m hoping for
Okay that’s fine no biggie. My post wasn’t meant to sound sarcastic it was a genuine question. You didn’t answer my actual question though about Jimmy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Okay that’s fine no biggie. My post wasn’t meant to sound sarcastic it was a genuine question. You didn’t answer my actual question though about Jimmy.
Jimmys rebounded, but even after getting back to form he still seems like he may have taken a small step back, and with his injury history it’s just concerning, I would hate to lose jimmy but for me it’s just a matter of clearing solid cap space and getting draft picks in return, in this passing league teams will give a pick and pick up a hefty contract for a 1-2 year stop gap even with injury risk when they know their getting a proven quality cb.

A guy of jimmys talent level rarely hits the trade block for any less than a day 2 pick, contract and injuries would knock that down to a 4 or 5 most likely, making it an absolute steal for all kinds of teams who think they’re just a cb away from a super bowl.

What it really boils down to for me is we are looking to have a quick rebuild and it’s pretty official now, we likely don’t win a SB with this crew before jimmys time is up with us, it’s a necessary evil to get the resources we need to rebuild fast enough to hopefully squeeze in a SB before Lamar’s rookie deal is up, that’s the key to me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jimmys rebounded, but even after getting back to form he still seems like he may have taken a small step back, and with his injury history it’s just concerning, I would hate to lose jimmy but for me it’s just a matter of clearing solid cap space and getting draft picks in return, in this passing league teams will give a pick and pick up a hefty contract for a 1-2 year stop gap even with injury risk when they know their getting a proven quality cb.

A guy of jimmys talent level rarely hits the trade block for any less than a day 2 pick, contract and injuries would knock that down to a 4 or 5 most likely, making it an absolute steal for all kinds of teams who think they’re just a cb away from a super bowl.

What it really boils down to for me is we are looking to have a quick rebuild and it’s pretty official now, we likely don’t win a SB with this crew before jimmys time is up with us, it’s a necessary evil to get the resources we need to rebuild fast enough to hopefully squeeze in a SB before Lamar’s rookie deal is up, that’s the key to me.

just double checked to see - aqib talib trade was for a 5th rounder - i feel like that's the closest trade comparison we have for jimmy recently