• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

WR/RB Thread

Braveheart

Practice Squad
We have been gifted fullback Chris Azeala from the German football league. Runs a 4.54 at 5'11 243. If developed properly he could be a devastating weapon in all phases of the game. Could he be Ricard's future replacement who's more lethal out of the backfield? I sure like the idea.

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/news/a...-Germany/d97826cc-a1a4-43a4-a162-16a25d767d84

This is an interesting idea by the League. No harm in seeing what he has. Can be carried as an 11th player on the Practice Squad if he doesnt make the final 53 whic is also a bonus.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
DeCosta has said we may still add a Running Back. I know there will be camp cuts coming but who is left out there that you like?

I liked the Collins/Allen combo from last year and we have Dixon returning so it doesn't need to be an every-down back? Someone that could maybe give us a different option?

I don’t think the extra backs we might bring in are necessarily to compete - they’ll be camp bodies (we only have 4 rbs under contract) and guys to compete for the 3rd rb role if dixon isn’t good to go/if we get an injury

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think the extra backs we might bring in are necessarily to compete - they’ll be camp bodies (we only have 4 rbs under contract) and guys to compete for the 3rd rb role if dixon isn’t good to go/if we get an injury
If they're competing for the 3rd down role, then Allen would be the main competition.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If the injury checks out, I'd bring in Murray.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is an interesting idea by the League. No harm in seeing what he has. Can be carried as an 11th player on the Practice Squad if he doesnt make the final 53 whic is also a bonus.

Obviously, we'll need to see how he stacks up against better competition, but his highlights remind me a bit of Le'Ron McClain. I'd be surprised if we don't carry him on the PS this season to see how he develops.

Icy

Practice Squad
I'm Acklin's fan. Can see a little bit of Thielen in him
I actually like both of them. At that time i hadn’t watch anything on Acklin. Honestly as much as i like the kid, Perriman is NOT safe. I have no doubt that one of these UDFA WRs can make the team over him. His leash is extremely short. Also one of those DTs should replace Carl Davis.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I actually like both of them. At that time i hadn’t watch anything on Acklin. Honestly as much as i like the kid, Perriman is NOT safe. I have no doubt that one of these UDFA WRs can make the team over him. His leash is extremely short. Also one of those DTs should replace Carl Davis.
Carl Davis has played at a high level last year. He's safe if he doesn't blow it.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I am excited for White to come back. To be honest that kid was lighting it up in all phases of the game in the preseason until his injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back and shocks us again.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am excited for White to come back. To be honest that kid was lighting it up in all phases of the game in the preseason until his injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back and shocks us again.
I imagine he is our plan for Campanaro leaving. I think White will be our new KR/PR since I don't think we have one anymore now that Webb and Campanaro are both gone.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Carl Davis has played at a high level last year. He's safe if he doesn't blow it.
I would love it if we could trade him and some of the other guys for some picks. We have a lot of guys on the roster in whom we invested high picks but never became much. It would be nice if we could somehow trade some of them away for higher picks or some picks next year. Davis and Za'Darius Smith are two guys I think could be intriguing options for other teams. Maybe someone takes a flier on Perriman as well.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I just watched the Ravens introduction video of Willie Snead and I have to say he comes across as an extremely likable young man. My gut feeling is this young man is going to ball out with us. I think I may need to invest in a Willie Snead jersey, as he just became a favorite of mine. Go Willie!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I loved LeRon McClain, you have me pumped to keep an eye on this guy!

I used to love watching the three-headed monster of McGahee, McClain, and Rice.

I just watched the Ravens introduction video of Willie Snead and I have to say he comes across as an extremely likable young man. My gut feeling is this young man is going to ball out with us. I think I may need to invest in a Willie Snead jersey, as he just became a favorite of mine. Go Willie!

You can tell that he's really happy to be here and get another chance. Can't wait to see him play for us!

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
Watched a Saints highlight film, he does things after the catch I have not seen since Ray Rice. I would also say he has the best hands of the two wrs that are ranked ahead of him.
Joe is gonna fall in love with this guy. Looks like a third down go to guy for the Ravens.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Snead is a much better addition than Des would've been and I've said it from the start. And I'll keep on saying it until proven wrong. We've seen Flacco rely on Camp and Woodhead when they were healthy and Snead is at least as good as both and should be more durable.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Snead is a much better addition than Des would've been and I've said it from the start. And I'll keep on saying it until proven wrong. We've seen Flacco rely on Camp and Woodhead when they were healthy and Snead is at least as good as both and should be more durable.
Sneads game might be closer to Steve smith than camp, talent level not even close, just skillset. He plays a lot tougher/stronger than camp ever did, has some YAC to his game, and is a bit more explosive than camp appears to be. Camp was as silky smooth a route runne you'd find, but Snead has more burst to his route game I think

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dez supposedly began following the ravens on twitter in the past 24 hours.

Let the completely unnecessary shitstorm of speculation begin. Can't wait for everyone to say "all he did was follow someone on twitter it means nothing" while simultaneously adding to the speculation.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Let the completely unnecessary shitstorm of speculation begin. Can't wait for everyone to say "all he did was follow someone on twitter it means nothing" while simultaneously adding to the speculation.

Ummmm all he did was follow someone on twitter.com it means nothing.......I have inside sources that The Ravens had a big cookout yesterday at Dru Hill Park and Dez Bryant was invited and it was reported that he loved the hot dogs and burgers so much to the point he told John Harbaugh " I love this" with passion and threw up the X. As he fled from the scene he followed The Ravens on twitter and wasn't seen again.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

That’s interesting because he literally doesn’t follow the Ravens on Twitter.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Sneads game might be closer to Steve smith than camp, talent level not even close, just skillset. He plays a lot tougher/stronger than camp ever did, has some YAC to his game, and is a bit more explosive than camp appears to be. Camp was as silky smooth a route runne you'd find, but Snead has more burst to his route game I think
I don't think he has more burst than Camp. Camp really jumped off the snap, his release was extremely explosive.