• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I thought this ravens team was supposed to be different man...
We were in the regular season... the one thing we can’t say about Joe is when the stakes for higher the dude always played better... not saying Lamar isn’t doing that or capable but this season has been the exact opposite of what we’ve witnessed for the last 10 years mediocre regular season and always seem to play well in the playoffs we will be back next year this team literally can only get better it’ll be almost the same team

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Member when we scraped by in the regular season and became the fucking big bad boogeyman and knocked off superior teams to make deep playoff runs? I member...

I don't wanna be that guy, but we got our hearts broken in 2011 only to come back hungrier in 2012. We didn't act like we've been here before with all the dancing after TDs, drake shout outs, and such. This will be a wake up call to our young team. You are only as good as the last down you play, nothing before that matters.
I don't want to be that person, but this wasn't a close game like 2011 was. This was more like 2006. The following year they won 5 games. After that thing got better so that's something I guess.

Anyway I don't really think they'll be that bad next year, but they probably won't be as fortunate in the availability of their players, they can't expect for Pittsburgh to be a virtual non-factor in the division.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
We were in the regular season... the one thing we can’t say about Joe is when the stakes for higher the dude always played better... not saying Lamar isn’t doing that or capable but this season has been the exact opposite of what we’ve witnessed for the last 10 years mediocre regular season and always seem to play well in the playoffs we will be back next year this team literally can only get better it’ll be almost the same team
We're young and learning. It hurts but we will remember the pain

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Titans beat us at our own game. They killed us in the running game with Henry, great secondary making sure nobody is open. People asked how do you beat the Ravens? Simple, get a lead on them and force them to abandon the run game. That is what the Titans did, and I commend them for it. They earned the win and deserve it. We were rusty out of the gate, and we never recovered.

I know many in the media will try to pin this on Lamar but Lamar wasn't the reason we lost. We had drops by receivers that would have changed the game and field position, and Flacco had similar issues early in his career where drops by receivers killed many drives. It's amazing how even as the years change and we change as a team, so many of the same issues come back to bite this team. Receiver Drops..... defense can't get off the field, and the list goes on and on.

Mark Ingram getting hurt really killed our chances, but not going with Gus Edwards as the starter after what he did to the Steelers defense in week 17 was what killed us. I don't know how hurt Ingram was or how healed he was but it reminds me of last season when Todd Gurley was hurt and he never was the same. Gurley getting injured, hurt the Rams and no matter what the Rams said the injury affected Gurley's ability to be an effective back and you saw the same with Ingram.

We will be in the playoffs for years to come, this team has a bright future and we are going to take bumps. We didn't win the Super Bowl with Flacco right away either despite making the playoffs the first couple years.

I haven't felt so lost and dejected the way I am now since the 2011 AFC Championship Game. Well @Ice Bowl, it's up to you. Go win a Super Bowl for us!

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I don't know why people always dismissed how important it is to up your game in the playoffs and how real that is. I love Lamar but he definitely looked nervous out there with some of the ducks he threw. He cooled off but he was off in a big way today and made uncharacteristic decisions.

I'm going to support Lamar not matter what, I know he's going to be better next year and keep improving, I legit can't wait for it.

Let's also not trash Joe anymore, it's difficult to do the things that he's done here.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't wanna be that guy, but we got our hearts broken in 2011 only to come back hungrier in 2012. We didn't act like we've been here before with all the dancing after TDs, drake shout outs, and such. This will be a wake up call to our young team. You are only as good as the last down you play, nothing before that matters.
We got our hearts broken when we Improbably took NE to the wire in foxborough in a game we only lost by 2 consecutive fucked plays that are slim to none probabilities.

this game we should’ve kicked the shit out of them and they literally embarrassed us for 60 minutes.

big difference. Came into 2012 feeling very optimistic because of how it ended, well be going into 2020 very down because we feel like chokers and nothing more

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I will say we need to sign a good receiver or atleast a solid one Hollywood will get better along with Boykin but man the titans exposed our biggest weakness on O our WR they made Lamar throw to the WR and it just wasn’t working at all

I'm not going to go there (you know where I mean) but I remember thinking all season long "Joe Flacco couldn't get anyone to make an athletic pass when he needed it. It always had to be on the numbers and even then Torrey would still drop a third of the passes." This time Lamar got the experience of having no help.

I hate being so pessimistic when things are bad enough, but I don't think this is going to be nearly the same team next year. They were pretty fortunate on the injury front until today. That's pretty unusual in football.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I'm not going to go there (you know where I mean) but I remember thinking all season long "Joe Flacco couldn't get anyone to make an athletic pass when he needed it. It always had to be on the numbers and even then Torrey would still drop a third of the passes." This time Lamar got the experience of having no help.

I hate being so pessimistic when things are bad enough, but I don't think this is going to be nearly the same team next year. They were pretty fortunate on the injury front until today. That's pretty unusual in football.
But there is literally no way not to be better next year and keep most of this team together with how much money we have people also forget Tavon Young is on IR that makes this secondary rotation dumb I’m guessing we go after some pass rushers first and foremost and LB and WR gotta be high on the list

Tank

Hall of Famer
We got our hearts broken when we Improbably took NE to the wire in foxborough in a game we only lost by 2 consecutive fucked plays that are slim to none probabilities.

this game we should’ve kicked the shit out of them and they literally embarrassed us for 60 minutes.

big difference. Came into 2012 feeling very optimistic because of how it ended, well be going into 2020 very down because we feel like chokers and nothing more
What worries me is the ball and chain that we'll be dragging into the playoffs next year. One and done two years in a row will weigh heavy come tournament time.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
John Harbaugh might be a coach of the year candidate, and through ALLLLL the many times fans have wanted him fired over the years, including this year when a ton of longtime respectable BR.com veterans wanted him fired after the Browns loss, he made the worst calls ever this evening. Calls that cost us the game.
I
The decision to pass up a chip shot fg on 4th and short, after failing a 4th down conversion earlier in the game. I dont know what goes through your mind. Stay aggressive? You have to convert the 4th down, score a TD AND 2pt conversion...just to tie the game.

Too many factors to pass up easy pts

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We only had 9 attempts, we were moving it on the first drive

9 RUN ATTEMPTS? That right there is not a product of being behind, if over 4 quarters and 60 minutes you only run 9 times that my friends is on coaching. The game was close, we were within 8(14-6) and the defense was getting key stops and we ignored what got us to the dance. Remember when the Seahawks didn't run the ball with Lynch in the Super Bowl? Wanted to make Wilson look like a hero instead and we tried to make Lamar the hero and got away from what got us to the dance.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What worries me is the ball and chain that we'll be dragging into the playoffs next year. One and done two years in a row will weigh heavy come tournament time.
That’s what I’m saying. We’re entering Tony Romo territory right now, this is not a good start.

On the same token though Peyton Manning had a certain playoff rep until he won 2 rings

rossihunter2

Staff Member
John Harbaugh might be a coach of the year candidate, and through ALLLLL the many times fans have wanted him fired over the years, including this year when a ton of longtime respectable BR.com veterans wanted him fired after the Browns loss, he made the worst calls ever this evening. Calls that cost us the game.

The decision to pass up a chip shot fg on 4th and short, after failing a 4th down conversion earlier in the game

you keep saying this - and yet you get no more correct the more times you assert it