• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

rossihunter2

Staff Member
9 RUN ATTEMPTS? That right there is not a product of being behind, if over 4 quarters and 60 minutes you only run 9 times that my friends is on coaching. The game was close, we were within 8(14-6) and the defense was getting key stops and we ignored what got us to the dance. Remember when the Seahawks didn't run the ball with Lynch in the Super Bowl? Wanted to make Wilson look like a hero instead and we tried to make Lamar the hero and got away from what got us to the dance.

we had 29 rushes - the titans were forcing keepers - so lamar had 20 carries (albeit there were some scrambles in there too)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
9 RUN ATTEMPTS? That right there is not a product of being behind, if over 4 quarters and 60 minutes you only run 9 times that my friends is on coaching. The game was close, we were within 8(14-6) and the defense was getting key stops and we ignored what got us to the dance. Remember when the Seahawks didn't run the ball with Lynch in the Super Bowl? Wanted to make Wilson look like a hero instead and we tried to make Lamar the hero and got away from what got us to the dance.
We did exactly what lost us 2 and almost 3 games, we lost to KC and Cleveland by trying to show the world Lamar was a pocket passer, and almost lost to the Steelers the same way, we did it again tonight.

been saying all year, And have argued against numbers all year, I don’t give a FUCK what the stats say, going 5 wide empty backfield is not smart, the stats said otherwise, but I fucking knew better, because when we went pass happy against good teams we lost and literally won every other game where we stayed balanced.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
FUCK ANALYTICS.... If we had just used Tucker on three or four of those, we have a chance to win the game at the end.

yeah but hindsight is hindsight - titans would have played offence differently if we'd taken those points too... you cant second guess those in the moment decisions - there was never any question in my mind about all of those calls

the only criticisms i have are the playcalls in those situations, the poor execution in those situations and the way harbs mismanaged the time outs at the end of the first half but not the decision to go for it in and of itself

it was the correct thing to do

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
I have 2 thoughts about this game.
1. We have to get a physical receiver with great hands like Anquan Boldin who is open even when covered
2. The oline needs to be overhauled. This is the second straight season where the oline has cost us the game, they struggled at creating running lanes for our rbs and got destroyed on the 2 4th down runs costing us the game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We did exactly what lost us 2 and almost 3 games, we lost to KC and Cleveland by trying to show the world Lamar was a pocket passer, and almost lost to the Steelers the same way, we did it again tonight.

been saying all year, And have argued against numbers all year, I don’t give a FUCK what the stats say, going 5 wide empty backfield is not smart, the stats said otherwise, but I fucking knew better, because when we went pass happy against good teams we lost and literally won every other game where we stayed balanced.

so you just want to run when it's not working? the titans for most of the game made us 1 dimensional

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
This one stings, and it will likely sting forever. But this is a young team on offense and has plenty of room to improve in talent on defense (you don’t add that many guys off the street because you got a ton of talent already). They need to work on the SHTF situations and get the wide receivers to play in that style if needed. This is the offseason to make aggressive moves in free agency and in the draft. With health, the 2020 team should be better than this version.

But there is literally no way not to be better next year and keep most of this team together with how much money we have people also forget Tavon Young is on IR that makes this secondary rotation dumb I’m guessing we go after some pass rushers first and foremost and LB and WR gotta be high on the list
Did you mistype when you said "no way to not be better?" Because with a record like that, I think it would be near impossible to be better than that. Other than in the postseason, of course.

Think about it, they were healthy, Pittsburgh was basically eliminated from contention in week 2, and Cincinnati was finally a non-factor. They aren't necessarily going to have all of those advantages next year. You can bet the division will be more competitive if only because of the Steelers.

Tavon Young has the look of a Perriman or a Correa: someone who might be pretty good on another team. Actually he reminds me of that one receiver they had who was electric every time he touched the ball, but he was always, always injured. Michael Campanero.
I agree with the shopping list, but I'm not confident that Baltimore will actually hit on a WR since they basically never do.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
It’s such a lost opportunity, but the window is there. Decosta and the front office needs to get to work. I know Lamar will be working. Get him the come from behind talent he needs

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
This is not Louisville anymore, he shouldn’t have to be the hero on every snap. I hope that next season, they hand the ball off 8 straight times and get a TD. We HAVE to score first next time.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
yeah but hindsight is hindsight - titans would have played offence differently if we'd taken those points too... you cant second guess those in the moment decisions - there was never any question in my mind about all of those calls

the only criticisms i have are the playcalls in those situations, the poor execution in those situations and the way harbs mismanaged the time outs at the end of the first half but not the decision to go for it in and of itself

it was the correct thing to do

I know, but getting in Field Goal range and not letting Justin Tucker kick is the equivalent of not giving Marshawn Lynch the ball at the Goal Line.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s such a lost opportunity, but the window is there. Decosta and the front office needs to get to work. I know Lamar will be working. Get him the come from behind talent he needs
As bad as we played , Lamar hit Hurst in what should have been a td but he dropped it . A 2 point conversion there gets us within one score .

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Nothing is guaranteed, nothing is promised. Except that this team is going to go to work. Going to grind to get better like they are a young team that is 0-2 in the playoffs. Hungry dogs run faster.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
i absolutely hate how much the titans players are trolling right now - so fucking glad we get to play them in the regular season next year
Won’t make up for even a little. Playoff win or bust. Super Bowl or bust. We just need to enter the playoffs and go 1-0. We can build from there.