• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

D1City55

Pro Bowler
100% agree, but when you let that dime just hit you straight in the chest, I mean, a healthy Mark Andrews catches that and scores.
They had communication issues. I don't count that as a drop or anything of that nature, just didn't get his head turned around. A healthy Mark Andrews has more time on the field and will always expect the ball regardless, I feel like Hurst lack of playing time contributed to that, they did not look like they were on the same page.

Ravens passrush wasn't a factor - Titans only threw for 91 yards.
91 total passing yards usually means the pass def was excellent.
The Ravens only gave up 28 points - not enough to lose since they score 33.2 pts a game on average. Thus their issues were on offense - but they rushed for 182. So the problem was the passing game, i.e. lots of dropped passes.

Mekari was the problem, he got destroyed and it caused problems with our run game and 4 and 1 conversions. Then there were the 7-8 dropped passes and its game over. Start again next season.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
They had communication issues. I don't count that as a drop or anything of that nature, just didn't get his head turned around. A healthy Mark Andrews has more time on the field and will always expect the ball regardless, I feel like Hurst lack of playing time contributed to that, they did not look like they were on the same page.
Very fair point. We need to spend this offseason developing our counter punch.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
he's been trash since he got here - we miss Clarence Brooks so much - absolute legend - RIP
I don't see any issues with Cullen. Don't think it's his fault that Peirce decided to come in overweight which led to his disappointing year. We picked guys up off the street who contributed very well mixed in with some inexperience. His job was very difficult last year and the DL severely lacks talent.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
I don't see any issues with Cullen. Don't think it's his fault that Peirce decided to come in overweight which led to his disappointing year. We picked guys up off the street who contributed very well mixed in with some inexperience. His job was very difficult last year and the DL severely lacks talent.
We have a talent deficit, mostly at OLB. D line wasn't as big a problem as the edges

rossihunter2

Staff Member

players never seem to improve under cullen - been that way since he took over full-time - not just talking about this year

D1City55

Pro Bowler
We have a talent deficit, mostly at OLB. D line wasn't as big a problem as the edges
Yeah, let's be real. We have no talent there at all. No one on the DL can get consistent pressure nor do we have anyone with a set of moves to throw off opposing guards. It would be nice to have a 3 tech here but he can't even get that. That's at the top of my wish list. A guy like that would help change the defense.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Yeah, let's be real. We have no talent there at all. No one on the DL can get consistent pressure nor do we have anyone with a set of moves to throw off opposing guards. It would be nice to have a 3 tech here but he can't even get that. That's at the top of my wish list. A guy like that would help change the defense.
Cough cough Chris Jones

Pierce has the best talent on the line but should not play NT if we want to get the most out of him, but then again hes probably going to walk

BWill, Ellis, Peko, Ellis, Ward, Wormley are all run stoppers

D1City55

Pro Bowler
players never seem to improve under cullen - been that way since he took over full-time - not just talking about this year
We haven't had any form of talent there for years. We've been coasting when it came to DL with no real investments. Michael Pierce emerged for FWIW and had a really good year last year, I'll attribute Brandon Williams breakout to Brooks but he's arguably had a career year. All our DL picks have been in the late rounds and that has caught up to us. We've lacked talent there for a long time.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Pierce has the best talent on the line but should not play NT if we want to get the most out of him, but then again hes probably going to walk

And yet Derrick Henry moonwalked all over us. Because of the entire OLB

D1City55

Pro Bowler

Pierce came into the season way too enormous to play any position outside of NT. He's not quick enough as a 5 right now and I don't see him fitting anywhere else. He might walk but if he was what he was last year then I would love to see us keep him. Don't think he'll be that guy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Can't wait to see LJ with some real life receivers, and our defense when they are not forced to blitz more than half the time to survive

the 1 positive we can take from this game is that hollywood came to play when things really werent working and we were losing players all over and we were down and someone had to start making plays - he stepped up and did - its a shame it wont be remembered because we lost but the play of lamar and he and their chemistry is definitely something we can build on

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Pierce came into the season way too enormous to play any position outside of NT. He's not quick enough as a 5 right now and I don't see him fitting anywhere else. He might walk but if he was what he was last year then I would love to see us keep him. Don't think he'll be that guy.
It's unclear to me how much competition we will even have. Do NTs get big money nowadays?

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
the 1 positive we can take from this game is that hollywood came to play when things really werent working and we were losing players all over and we were down and someone had to start making plays - he stepped up and did - its a shame it wont be remembered because we lost but the play of lamar and he and their chemistry is definitely something we can build on
Yessir. Also stresses how useful it is to have bonafide receivers, particularly when we are in a massive hole