• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

D1City55

Pro Bowler
It's unclear to me how much competition we will even have. Do NTs get big money nowadays?
Some teams will pay for a guy they think will singlehandedly help stop the run. I don't know if Pierce will get 10M from any team though which I would imagine is around his target.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Some teams will pay for a guy they think will singlehandedly help stop the run. I don't know if Pierce will get 10M from any team though which I would imagine is around his target.
Surely anyone who saw this game will understand that he can't singlehandedly stop anything. Obviously I want to keep him, but he is a two down player. Unclear how he should be making more than maybe $8 mil per year but what do I know

Tennessee's gonna fall to KC, mark my words. The Titans' Cinderella boat ride through Harbaugh's Barbie Dream House ends in Baltimore. Andy Reid don't play that. He ain't into humiliation-play on national TV like Harbaugh.

Last edited:

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
We cant set the edge and Peanut, Bynes and Clark dont scare anyone
Peanut can't stop the run and he is not as good in coverage as a former safety should be. He is basically a situational blitzer. We need a wholesale facelift of the defense. I mean, we seriously had Peko Ward Ellis LJ Fort Josh Bynes all signed midseason and playing meaningful snaps, that is just crazy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Peanut can't stop the run and he is not as good in coverage as a former safety should be. He is basically a situational blitzer. We need a wholesale facelift of the defense. I mean, we seriously had Peko Ward Ellis LJ Fort Josh Bynes all signed midseason and playing meaningful snaps, that is just crazy
not wholesale facelift, but the front seven absolutely.

I keep thinking to myself, if only Andrew's caught that pass and we went on to score on our first offensive possession. Psh unreal

Tannehill barely threw the ball so I wouldnt hang this on the defense or lack of pass rush, but not being able to tackle a running back is just embarrassing for a Ravens D.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
OLB and MLB, we don't have those issues. Admittedly we got whooped in the trenches, but some solid edge or MLB run stuffing play could have made a huge difference

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Couple things I noticed that I'm sure others did too; Jihad Ward getting blocked out of many run plays by Jonnu Smith...The Tight end.....

Judon also whiffed badly on a tackle on Henry. It looked like he tried to strip the ball instead of going for the tackle but I can't say for sure, anyways he got a 60 yard run off of it. That was a backbreaker.

Bynes or Peanut failed to shoot to what looks to be the C gap on Henrys 20+ yard run. Looked to be miscommunication but that ended poorly.

We really lack talent on the DL, Ward has a good motor but too many times he was blocked out by the TE, he just lacks the ability to be a difference-maker. Pierce didn't stand out either and I didn't see him much. Team opted for Peko more which is telling. In a game like this with this much time off I expected more Pierce. I can honestly say that I don't expect Pierce back here next year.

Also side note, Makari was a huge bum today. I can't wait to have Skura back, that loss sucked so bad.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I just did not think in my wildest dreams we would play that bad at home in the playoffs. I really thought this team could stop the run and the Titans would be the team abandoning the run, Boy was I fooled.