• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 ILB Draft Thread

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can’t get on board with this, I don’t see it, for a guy who’s considered to be strictly a downhill mike type, I see too many bad decisions in the one aspect of his game where he should shine, I tried to get into his game but I just can’t lol. I saw 2 plays on his Oklahoma that were such head scratchers it probably knocked him down a whole round lol, one where he was clearly tasked to chase to the edge and make the stop and he had a bead on the rb at the edge and instead decided push downhill and engage a blocker as the rb whizzed past, and another where he’s supposed to read a fairly vanilla run play and fill the B gap but instead he fills the A gap on his DTs ass and leaves the B wide open and the back takes off for a chunk, there was no reason for these plays to happen the way they did
Ive never been able to get a handle on Brooks one way or another. he blitzes gaps a lot...seems to have very good closing speed in space but Ive never seen anything that would lead me to think of him as high as he's being recently projected.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

My guy Markus Bailey. I recommend watching his 2018 tape (e.g. OSU). He's got an extremely high football IQ, he gets easily off blocks, good inital punch and he's a secure tackler. He even uses a spin move from time to time.He's better in zone than most of the other guys in this class and I'd say he's an effective blitzer. Change of direction in man coverage is subpar, questionable backpaddle and he's not the athlete like Murray is.

isn't his injury history pretty extensive?

flynismo

Practice Squad
Well, I'm thrilled to have landed Malik. I did a few mocks this offseason and I usually had him going in the early and mid 2nd round. I really didn't think he'd last until the 3rd; I figured we'd end up with someone like Olson in the later rounds. Very, very happy to have gotten this one wrong.