• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

McGregor vs Mayweather

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
why isn't this a thing here?

Let me start by saying that I don't think
Conor has a real shot at winning this. Floyd will do what he always does, draw a bunch of misses and counter early, get up on the scorecard and turn into a sprinter the rest of the fight. BUT... if Conor can shock him with his notorious left hand early on, that 40 year old chin of his could get a little shaky. It is true that Floyd struggles with southpaws, everytime he fights one he gets his chin checked a lot more often, unfortunately nobody has caught him hard enough and nobody has been able to follow up their big hits. Conor has reach, age difference, a strong chin and raw power going for him. But he is obviously outmatched by maybe the most tactical boxer ever.

Either way though, a win can't alleviate the verbal smackdown conor has been dishing out, he has been making Floyd look like an ass and it's hysterical to watch, it's too bad he won't be able to back it up with a win.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I love Conor so much lol - he's the best showman in the world and unlike mayweather he's fun to watch in the ring too
Agreed. And For mma level he is a seriously technical boxer, he's patient and feels his guy out and land pinpoint strikes with both hands and nasty combos. But that's in the octagon where takedowns have to be considered and guys are on their heels more and have to keep their hands and center of gravity low.

I can't stand Floyd, his trash talk is pitiful, he bases his whole persona on having more money than any other athlete, he doesn't brag about his abilities or talk about dominance, just "look at my new watch, cost the same as a Boeing 747 and here's a duffle bag full of money to look at". Conor's shit talking is god tier, it's as entertaining as mike tysons shit talk except its not literally deranged.

I discuss combat sports ad nauseam on other sites I just dont think we have the numbers here.

Thoughts on the fights? Well unless Conor flashes a freak KO out of nowhere its going to be boring and most likely embarrassing. I was also hoping for Haye vs Manuwa on the undercard but Manuwa just got knocked out.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I'd edge Joshua in that one, very similar power but Joshua is tighter in technique and defense.

You are probably correct about the outcome of a Joshua-Wilder fight. I do feel Wilder has a chance if he commits to his jab, plus with his power he can end a fight with one punch.

You are probably correct about the outcome of a Joshua-Wilder fight. I do feel Wilder has a chance if he commits to his jab, plus with his power he can end a fight with one punch.

Both are tough but fairly chinny by most accounts so theres a high chance of a KO by either at any point. Wilder has better endurance because he doesnt carry much bulk so a longer fight could benefit him, still hes a brawler when he should be a straight arm puncher like most taller guys. Joshua has an edge in handspeed and has a fast return to high guard, but his high guard narrows his field of vision.

that didnt feel like a legit fight though... just miocic trying to get a load of money

Everyones trying to get a load of money, Joshua initially wanted in on the card but brushed off the Miocic challenge. That fight would have been heavily in Joshuas favor and been a showcase for both.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Agreed. And For mma level he is a seriously technical boxer, he's patient and feels his guy out and land pinpoint strikes with both hands and nasty combos. But that's in the octagon where takedowns have to be considered and guys are on their heels more and have to keep their hands and center of gravity low.

I can't stand Floyd, his trash talk is pitiful, he bases his whole persona on having more money than any other athlete, he doesn't brag about his abilities or talk about dominance, just "look at my new watch, cost the same as a Boeing 747 and here's a duffle bag full of money to look at". Conor's shit talking is god tier, it's as entertaining as mike tysons shit talk except its not literally deranged.
Dress your fucking age, at least I can read

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So this is what I want to happen.

Conor gets pissed off in the middle of the fight that Floyd is running away from him. So he then executes a perfect wheel kick to Floyd's face, knocking him out. Conor get's DQ'd but is crowned a hero by most of the public, while Floyd technically gets a win but is publicly humiliated. Conor is crowned the people's champion and boxing dies accordingly.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Despise them both. One though is legit great at his skill. Conor has been handfed midgets and almost lost twice to a gatekeeper welterweight in nate diaz whos only 5 pounds heavier than he is. He's lucky Khabib messed up his career as khabib would handle him.

If conor had REAL balls, rather than fight guys who are basically midgets with short arms ( Siver, Alvarez,Aldo,Mendes, Dos Anjos ) he'd have found a way to fight triple G. Triple G would knock conor out in the first 60 seconds.

He actualy has a shot against mayweather who's 41 and a midget.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dress your fucking age, at least I can read
"I'm the teacher, and you the student, and on august 26th I'm gonna take you to school"

".... bring yer skewl bag"

Floyd sounds like triple H promoting summerslam and Conor just shits on him in the blink of an eye.

I'm legitimately upset that this fight is pretty much decided already because I'd LOVE to see Conor follow up this shit talking, it's been glorious

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Despise them both. One though is legit great at his skill. Conor has been handfed midgets and almost lost twice to a gatekeeper welterweight in nate diaz whos only 5 pounds heavier than he is. He's lucky Khabib messed up his career as khabib would handle him.

If conor had REAL balls, rather than fight guys who are basically midgets with short arms ( Siver, Alvarez,Aldo,Mendes, Dos Anjos ) he'd have found a way to fight triple G. Triple G would knock conor out in the first 60 seconds.

He actualy has a shot against mayweather who's 41 and a midget.
Not surprised to hear you hate Conor...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I hate them both. I couldn't care who won. Conor is a coward though. Floyds an asshole beyond measure.

Make no mistake, Conor chooses his fights wisely.
The fucking irony that you say this about Conor but somehow leave Floyd out of it...

If there is any person in any sport I would accuse of cherry picking easy matches, it's Floyd.