• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

McGregor vs Mayweather

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
The fucking irony that you say this about Conor but somehow leave Floyd out of it...

If there is any person in any sport I would accuse of cherry picking easy matches, it's Floyd.

There is a couple young dudes Floyd wouldn't fight. Like Spence and the 140 lb champion. I think Khans long arms and hand speed would present serious problems for Mayweather. Khan coulda beaten Canello if he kept on the outside. He got anxious looking To KO Canello and came inside to a dude that outweighed him by well over 20lbs on fight night. Canello did catch him but he was sooooo lucky cuz khan got Careless.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The fucking irony that you say this about Conor but somehow leave Floyd out of it...

If there is any person in any sport I would accuse of cherry picking easy matches, it's Floyd.
Floyd avoided Manny for years and waited till he was out of his prime to fight him. Fucking coward.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I'm the textbook casual fan of combat sports, but I decided to bite the bullet and fork out for this one. It's the sporting equivalent of a box of donuts - you know it's got little substance (if any at all) but it feels so good you can't help but indulge yourself.

Like (almost) everyone else, I'm hoping McGregor wins handily but I'm not seeing many worlds in which that happens. It wouldn't surprise me if this one panned out in a similar way to the Pacquiao fight - lots of hype but Mayweather spends most of his time absorbing what McGregor comes at him with and we end up with an underwhelming spectacle that Mayweather wins by decision. Going by the payouts both fighters are getting, they're both coming out winners no matter what happens. Which would make everyone watching this (myself included) the losers.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm the textbook casual fan of combat sports, but I decided to bite the bullet and fork out for this one. It's the sporting equivalent of a box of donuts - you know it's got little substance (if any at all) but it feels so good you can't help but indulge yourself.

Like (almost) everyone else, I'm hoping McGregor wins handily but I'm not seeing many worlds in which that happens. It wouldn't surprise me if this one panned out in a similar way to the Pacquiao fight - lots of hype but Mayweather spends most of his time absorbing what McGregor comes at him with and we end up with an underwhelming spectacle that Mayweather wins by decision. Going by the payouts both fighters are getting, they're both coming out winners no matter what happens. Which would make everyone watching this (myself included) the losers.

the difference is that even if mcgregor loses - if he makes it to the end of the fight then boxing as a sport loses

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
the difference is that even if mcgregor loses - if he makes it to the end of the fight then boxing as a sport loses

I feel like the viewing public wins if my outcome of "McGregor breaks the rules and kicks floyd in the face and knocks him out" happens.

Sure, he'd be breaking the rules and DQ'd, but then the fight becomes worth every penny.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am not a big fan of Floyd but IMHO Conner has very little chance. I am going to regret not going all in with big money on Floyd.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I don't know shit about fighting sports, but I have just assumed that Mayweather wins and that I should move on with my life.

That being said, I'd watch the fight if I could.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gervonta Davis is a bitch, straight up. I wanted to root for the hometown kid so bad, I was so hype, but he is an ignorant ass fool. He spent the whole fourth round showboating and getting rocked in the face, the fight was really even and Davis looked like he was on his way to a decision loss, then in round 5 he punched him in the back of the head and then shoved his face to the ground and it was a 10 count.

Bullshit ending and a shitty showing from Davis, landed some vicious combos but overall got worked over pretty good and won on an illegal punch. Not a fan of the hometown kid

Inqui

Pro Bowler
When you've got a fight at 4 but you're robbing a bank at 5.

21105723_10155579908033764_7892792887132745598_n.jpg

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Oh my sweet fuck that would be glorious. We all knew this was gonna happen, but Floyd in the octagon wouldn't last 30 seconds unless he sprinted in circles
He would be immediately taken to the ground and choked out.

I love boxing, I do it myself. But in a straight street fight Floyd would get his ass kicked by Pacquio let alone Conor. That dude just takes advantage of the rules. Nothing more. I have no respect for him as a fighter.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He would be immediately taken to the ground and choked out.

I love boxing, I do it myself. But in a straight street fight Floyd would get his ass kicked by Pacquio let alone Conor. That dude just takes advantage of the rules. Nothing more. I have no respect for him as a fighter.
Same. He's not a fighter he just knows how to win a boxing match. Tyson was a fighter, hell the 2 that fought before him were fighters. Wrapping arms, running away, full guard 99% of the time isn't fighting, that's working the scorecard.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I enjoyed watching. Honestly- first boxing fight I ever watched- but that was a pretty cool thing to watch.