• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Conference Championship Round Discussion (Other Teams)

Which matchup make the Superbowl?

• KC vs 49ers

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Titans vs Packers

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • KC vs Packers

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Titans vs 49ers

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Feels awful that we're not here and not personally sure whether i'll be able to watch this weekend at all especially as the other 3 bye teams all won last weekend.

But first up is the AFC Championship between the Chiefs and Titans at Arrowhead at 3:05pm ET with Tony Romo and Jim Nantz on the call

Followed by the NFC Championship between the Packers and 49ers in Levi's Stadium at 6:40pm ET with Buck and Aikman and Andrews (will also be announcing the superbowl)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Feels awful that we're not here and not personally sure whether i'll be able to watch this weekend at all especially as the other 3 bye teams all won last weekend.

But first up is the AFC Championship between the Chiefs and Titans at Arrowhead at 3:05pm ET with Tony Romo and Jim Nantz on the call

Followed by the NFC Championship between the Packers and 49ers in Levi's Stadium at 6:40pm ET with Buck and Aikman and Andrews (will also be announcing the superbowl)

Trying to make sense of the Titans run to the AFC Championship Game and Bizzaro World is still the only explanation. Just feels like we are watching a movie about Ryan Tannehill where he's an ok QB, finds out he is being traded and is now a backup. Then we feel bad for him he's now a backup but it's a movie, it has to have a happy ending. He gets traded to the Titans where the starter doesn't play well and the team is sitting 2-4 at the time. Coach says Tannehill will take over and low & behold like movie magic everything starts to come together. All of a sudden they find themselves in the playoffs and has to get through the long time villain(Patriots) and the two new hot shots in the league(Jackson & Mahomes) and takes the Titans to the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl just happens to be in Miami, the team who traded him away for a tank and now he gets to go back and play for a Super Bowl. This is like a damn movie come to life.

I hate this bizzaro NFL, can I get back to reality where the Chiefs are coming to Baltimore on Sunday?

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
#NinerEmpire or #GoPackGo. Fuck both teams in the AFC.

Made this Meme, to sum up your feelings and all of Baltimore's feelings.

3mdbsz

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the intent of this tweet seems to suggest pettine being some sort of imbecile but honestly i think it reflects well on both of them - pettine as a defensive coach had an instinct and allowed his young offensive minded OC's instinct to take precedence and deferred and trusted the judgement of someone in his staff for better

shanahan didnt cede to someone else's philosophy and was ultimately correct

either way its a pretty cool clip

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Official Championship Sunday Preview:

Titans @ Chiefs (3:05PM CBS): The remake of Remember The Titans continues filming in Kansas City as the Titans continue to shock the NFL World after doing the one thing no other team could do all season, stop Lamar Jackson. The last time these two met was in Nashville where the Titans stunned the Chiefs on a blocked field goal to win the game. Now Tennessee heads to one of the toughest stadiums to play in, Arrowhead Stadium looking to run over the Chiefs defense once again. Henry ran for 188 yards and 2 Touchdowns in the regular season, and if Chris Jones(questionable) is out, it could be the Derrick Henry show once again. For Ryan Tannehill, one year earlier he was a Dolphin, and this year he replaced Marcus Mariota when the Titans were 2-4, and is within one game of returning to Miami and playing in the biggest game of the year, The Super Bowl.

Packers @ 49ers: (6:30PM FOX): A rematch of a regular season game that we assumed was going to be close until the 49ers blew out the Packers and dominated the game. The Packers return to the sight of their worst loss of the season looking for redemption and a trip to the Super Bowl. Both teams are healthy but as seen last week against the Vikings, the key will be the 49ers Defensive Line vs the Packers offensive line and which line will win the battle in the trenches. With the dynasty of Tom Brady & Bill Belichick likely over, will Brady's former backup in Jimmy G and Head Coach Kyle Shanahan start a new dynasty out West or will Matt LaFleur in his first year as HC take the team to the Super Bowl for the first time since the 2010 Season?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Again, it's still fuck both teams in the AFC, but you know something? I may be able to muster up enough energy to watch this game after all for the reasons seen below:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Again, it's still fuck both teams in the AFC, but you know something? I may be able to muster up enough energy to watch this game after all for the reasons seen below:

I'm rooting for the Titans myself as well everyone loves a good underdog story and why not the Tennessee Titans become the next team in the list of sports franchises who have won their first championship in recent years.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m hoping KC vs Packers in SB but I feel it’ll be TEN vs SF to piss me off.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm rooting for the Titans myself as well everyone loves a good underdog story and why not the Tennessee Titans become the next team in the list of sports franchises who have won their first championship in recent years.

i would have rooted for the titans but their fans and players in the aftermath have put me off - will be supporting whichever NFC team makes it - and hope that both AFC teams lose

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i would have rooted for the titans but their fans and players in the aftermath have put me off - will be supporting whichever NFC team makes it - and hope that both AFC teams lose
And like the Dolphins, the Titans are almost like a divisional rival in the sense that we play them every year with next year being the 4th straight meeting.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
It would have been cool to see the Titans make an underdog run all the way (would also make me feel better about losing to them too) - except their fans are the worst human beings I've come across as far as fan bases go. And that's saying something because I remember Patriots fans making fun of Tray Walker after he died. Whatever makes that bunch suffer the most is fine by me.

Yeah - it is really hard to bring myself to watch this. When the Ravens are not considered contenders, this is a fun weekend. Given the circumstances, it is sickening.

AFC: Maybe like to see Reid get the monkey off his back cause I always hate the narrative of quality coaches or players who "just can't win the big one". I'll be queasy no matter who wins.

NFC: I'm going to a Super Bowl party at a good friends place and he and his wife are Packers people, so I guess I'd prefer the Pack just so the party will have more energy.

In the end ... there really is no "rooting" here. I really don't give a shit who wins. Watching almost out of obligation to the sport.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chiefs get back DL Chris Jones for the AFC Championship Game.

Chiefs Inactives
QB Matt Moore
CB Morris Claiborne
RB LeSean McCoy
LB Darron Lee
OL Ryan Hunter
OL Jackson Barton
OL Andrew Wylie

Titans Inactives
WR Rashard Davis
WR Darius Jennings
WR Cody Hollister
OL Kevin Pamphile
LB Reggie Gilbert
DL Isaiah Mack
DL Joey Ivie

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Good starting drive for the Titans and even got the 3 & out on KC. Tennessee has a chance to go up 10-0 now and they need 6. Field Goals aren't going to beat the Chiefs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yep.... Chiefs are in trouble if Henry is going to have holes like that all game. Chiefs inability to stop the run continues to haunt them and at the worst possible time.