• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
After the Bears got Mack I’m really hoping the ravens get the memo on how to win a SB these days. When Flacco’s gone we need to make moves like that. An elite OL and either an elite proven LB or WR should have us pushing for a SB even if lamar is an average passer
we really dont need an elite wr.. OL and LB should most def do the job

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
we really dont need an elite wr.. OL and LB should most def do the job
I think our guys will suffice for this year, but I think an elite bail-out receiver for Jackson would be absolutely huge. Jackson is gonna make poor throws, it’s just part of what you get with him, a guy who can catch throws that aren’t on the money and a guy who can improvise with lamar will be big for him

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think our guys will suffice for this year, but I think an elite bail-out receiver for Jackson would be absolutely huge. Jackson is gonna make poor throws, it’s just part of what you get with him, a guy who can catch throws that aren’t on the money and a guy who can improvise with lamar will be big for him

An elite WR is wasted on him because he cant hit those throws to sidelines, he is better served to be given an elite offensive line and maybe a solid TE or two and then some B-tier WRs who will be open just because the protection and his mobility make it so.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
An elite WR is wasted on him because he cant hit those throws to sidelines, he is better served to be given an elite offensive line and maybe a solid TE or two and then some B-tier WRs who will be open just because the protection and his mobility make it so.
I disagree, I think when you have a qb who isn’t very accurate you need a guy who can catch those balls, and when you have an extremely mobile qb you need a wr who can play backyard football and improvise on the fly with the qb

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
All I can say is we better fucking start Bozeman over Skura. Skura can't anchor to save his like and SUCKS. He is going to cost us games.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
All I can say is we better fucking start Bozeman over Skura. Skura can't anchor to save his like and SUCKS. He is going to cost us games.

Bozeman was sort of just awful whenever he saw the field and that was against lesser competition though. I do not Skura is good because Bozeman will be worse.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Skura sucks and Bozeman wasn't impressive from what I've seen so far, we absolutely need to trade for a C.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Skura sucks and Bozeman wasn't impressive from what I've seen so far, we absolutely need to trade for a C.
I've been evaluating film. Bozeman is what he was in college. Solid, not sexy at all, not going to win you games, but good enough to at least get by. Skura is a liability at all times, cannot anchor worth a damn, and is not really a smart football player.

I absolutely agree that we need a C. Or if we play Lewis at C, we need a LG(sorry, Hurst wasn't very good either this preseason).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've been evaluating film. Bozeman is what he was in college. Solid, not sexy at all, not going to win you games, but good enough to at least get by. Skura is a liability at all times, cannot anchor worth a damn, and is not really a smart football player.

I absolutely agree that we need a C. Or if we play Lewis at C, we need a LG(sorry, Hurst wasn't very good either this preseason).

im just not sure i agree about bozeman - he's pretty bad in run blocking at the moment where he lets defenders cross his face too easily or just plain bull him back into the pocket - he's definitely nowhere near ready to be a starter from what ive seen

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im just not sure i agree about bozeman - he's pretty bad in run blocking at the moment where he lets defenders cross his face too easily or just plain bull him back into the pocket - he's definitely nowhere near ready to be a starter from what ive seen
I agree, he is nowhere near ready to start and shouldn’t unless we have an injury. I do feel he has potential next season. That being said, I’d like to draft an elite center. Don’t know what is available next season.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I agree, he is nowhere near ready to start and shouldn’t unless we have an injury. I do feel he has potential next season. That being said, I’d like to draft an elite center. Don’t know what is available next season.
What I will say is that it doesn't matter if the other four guys are ones I have significant confidence in. Skura is a Gino Gradkowski level of bad at the C position, and we have seen how badly that can ruin an offensive line. Skura cannot anchor worth a damn at all. Not a smart football player.

I'd trade a draft pick for an average C at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What I will say is that it doesn't matter if the other four guys are ones I have significant confidence in. Skura is a Gino Gradkowski level of bad at the C position, and we have seen how badly that can ruin an offensive line. Skura cannot anchor worth a damn at all. Not a smart football player.

I'd trade a draft pick for an average C at this point.

that's a little excessive - skura isnt gino gradkowski bad - he's not got the power that you'd hope and can get bullied by bigger linemen which is an issue but he's also shown the ability to play well against those same players too - the problem is a lack of consistency in his play - he looks like a below average starter level player at C but gino was not even a bottom of the depth chart level player

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that's a little excessive - skura isnt gino gradkowski bad - he's not got the power that you'd hope and can get bullied by bigger linemen which is an issue but he's also shown the ability to play well against those same players too - the problem is a lack of consistency in his play - he looks like a below average starter level player at C but gino was not even a bottom of the depth chart level player
I tend to agree that is consistency with Skura that is the problem. Gino was much worse than Skura and it’s not even close.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I have to disagree heavily, especially with how much Roman's scheme depends on having a solid C. Skura is a massive liability in that regard. AT BEST, he looks like a below average guy, but by the by, he's just a bad football player. He is bad enough to cost this team games if he starts at the C position.

A guy like Skura is bad enough to cost this team games at that position. Trust me on that. The rest of the line is fine. Lewis looks good, Brown Jr looks like a guy who could anchor the RT position for a decade.

Why Skura? I'd rather start Lewis at C and find a LG

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to disagree heavily, especially with how much Roman's scheme depends on having a solid C. Skura is a massive liability in that regard. AT BEST, he looks like a below average guy, but by the by, he's just a bad football player. He is bad enough to cost this team games if he starts at the C position.

A guy like Skura is bad enough to cost this team games at that position. Trust me on that. The rest of the line is fine. Lewis looks good, Brown Jr looks like a guy who could anchor the RT position for a decade.

Why Skura? I'd rather start Lewis at C and find a LG

They have a LG which is why this entire thing makes no sense. One of the best 5 offensive linemen will not be playing if Skura starts which is why I do not get why you would have Skura start.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
They have a LG which is why this entire thing makes no sense. One of the best 5 offensive linemen will not be playing if Skura starts which is why I do not get why you would have Skura start.
I don't want Hurst starting either, but if it's between him and Skura I pick Hurst.

Hurst really is at best a passable option, not a quality option in the slightest.

The line will be good with the first lineup though since Lewis should be a solid guy at the C position. We can work around a below average LG. You can't really mask a bad C

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agree. I believe it should be Stanley, Hurst, Lewis, Yanda, OBJ