• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
That leaves the Ravens, currently with, Young, Carr, Humphrey, Averett, Canady. That's not a horrible group until Jimmy gets back.

I'm only worried about the Pissburgh game because they have like ten million WRs, but we should still be alright because I know that Wink won't leave a corner on Brown if that corner is getting abused.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That leaves the Ravens, currently with, Young, Carr, Humphrey, Averett, Canady. That's not a horrible group until Jimmy gets back.
Young and Humphrey on their best days are more than good enough to cover #1 WRs on their own. When Jimmy gets back we might be impossible to throw against if Don is competent

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Averett came on very strong weeks 3 and 4 of the preseason, he had a slip up in week 5 but still didn’t give much reason to doubt. I think Averett by mid season looks like a guy who could start on quite a few teams.

Also, I think Kenny young is for real, he looks a lot more like the player I thought I saw on film, rather than the player @Lost_In_Translation convinced me he was lol. Unless young shits the bed at some point and ends up in the doghouse I don’t see how peanut fends him off for a whole season.

Shame about Elliott, our defensive depth looked a LOT worse off without him, I think he was the key cog that made our 2nd half defenses so dominant this preseason. We CRUSHED everyone with him on the field making one play after another and we took a step back there without him.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Averett came on very strong weeks 3 and 4 of the preseason, he had a slip up in week 5 but still didn’t give much reason to doubt. I think Averett by mid season looks like a guy who could start on quite a few teams.

Also, I think Kenny young is for real, he looks a lot more like the player I thought I saw on film, rather than the player @Lost_In_Translation convinced me he was lol. Unless young shits the bed at some point and ends up in the doghouse I don’t see how peanut fends him off for a whole season.

Shame about Elliott, our defensive depth looked a LOT worse off without him, I think he was the key cog that made our 2nd half defenses so dominant this preseason. We CRUSHED everyone with him on the field making one play after another and we took a step back there without him.
Doesn’t Kenny have a knee injury or something?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jean-Baptiste broke his arm vs Skins, unfortunately.
Daniel is there just until Jimmy Smith comes back. Actually, I'm not sure how that works in Smith's case - is he taking a roster spot if suspended?
No he doesn’t take a roster spot. I wasn’t aware of that. That’s the negative of being at the game. You don’t hear about the injuries.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Elliott was looking awesome; he was constantly around the football and he can hit. I think he has a bright future when he comes back next season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Elliott was looking awesome; he was constantly around the football and he can hit. I think he has a bright future when he comes back next season.
I agree and it will be hard to place him on IR and then bring him back, because players who are eligible to come back have to be part of the roster at 4pm tomorrow, which means they are going to have to cut someone and then place Elliott on IR on 9/2. Then bring that player back.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree and it will be hard to place him on IR and then bring him back, because players who are eligible to come back have to be part of the roster at 4pm tomorrow, which means they are going to have to cut someone and then place Elliott on IR on 9/2. Then bring that player back.
There’s zero reason to waste an IR return spot on a rookie backup safety who wouldn’t see the field this year anyway outside of special teams.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There’s zero reason to waste an IR return spot on a rookie backup safety who wouldn’t see the field this year anyway outside of special teams.
you don't have to designate the IR to return anymore. However the IR candidate has to be placed on IR on 9/2 or after. He has to be part of the original 53 man squad. That being said, I tend to agree, but Jalen Hill was the player who was brought back last year.

update:
Elliott was one of four placed on IR today, so he can't be brought back.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
you don't have to designate the IR to return anymore. However the IR candidate has to be placed on IR on 9/2 or after. He has to be part of the original 53 man squad. That being said, I tend to agree, but Jalen Hill was the player who was brought back last year.

update:
Elliott was one of four placed on IR today, so he can't be brought back.
I know you don’t have to designate.

Hill was brought back because he’s a CB and we always need them. Elliot would be our 5th safety. Unless the DB room gets hit by a meteor I doubt there’d be reason to bring him back. He was never going to be an IR return guy.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
arden key looked good in preseason. I know a lot of people here didnt think too highly of him but i think he will play better than a 3rd guy

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
did yall see my guy armani watts 2ints. I know its only preseason but i liked him more than almost every saftey in draft

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After the Bears got Mack I’m really hoping the ravens get the memo on how to win a SB these days. When Flacco’s gone we need to make moves like that. An elite OL and either an elite proven LB or WR should have us pushing for a SB even if lamar is an average passer