• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
HUGE shout out to my friend Trey Mancini who not only came in 2nd in the HR Derby last night, but also kicked cancer’s metaphorical arse only a short time ago to come back stronger and better than ever. Much more would be known about Trey if he played in a bigger market or if the team was any good, but further shows the type of guy he is for his loyalty.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
HUGE shout out to my friend Trey Mancini who not only came in 2nd in the HR Derby last night, but also kicked cancer’s metaphorical arse only a short time ago to come back stronger and better than ever. Much more would be known about Trey if he played in a bigger market or if the team was any good, but further shows the type of guy he is for his loyalty.

Mancini had a great Derby and I thought he actually had a chance to beat my boy, Alonso, in the final round. Alonso was just insane last night tho lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Anyone else seeing these new pre 1982 sack stats coming out? Seems like Strahan is not the single season sack record holder after all. A lions rookie in 1978 totaled 23 sacks in a single season, also Deacon Jones led the league in sacks 5 times, no other player has done that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone else seeing these new pre 1982 sack stats coming out? Seems like Strahan is not the single season sack record holder after all. A lions rookie in 1978 totaled 23 sacks in a single season, also Deacon Jones led the league in sacks 5 times, no other player has done that.
I did see it and was surprised it was Al Baker and not Deacon Jones who was the "unofficial" single season sack leader. I also thought Deacon Jones would be the all time sack leader, even though it was during the 14 game season era.

I'm glad someone finally went and did the research, now the NFL needs to recognize it as official and you know it will be a long time if they ever officially recognize them. Maybe this information can atleast make its way to Canton.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jones also had over 20 sacks 3 times in his career. Not one other player has done it more than once.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tyus bowser had a season that could get a LB in the pro bowl, what he lacked was the reputation, but if he has another year like his 2020 season he will make the pro bowl. He was too good in coverage last year, and made too many big plays in big moments for him to keep going unrecognized. If he repeats that performance he will be showing year after year consistency in his coverage ability, which is elite.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tyus bowser had a season that could get a LB in the pro bowl, what he lacked was the reputation, but if he has another year like his 2020 season he will make the pro bowl. He was too good in coverage last year, and made too many big plays in big moments for him to keep going unrecognized. If he repeats that performance he will be showing year after year consistency in his coverage ability, which is elite.
I think the only thing that could hurt him is being in a small market time, which is why it's such a huge accomplishment that we have had the most representatives in the pro bowl in each of the last two years.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the only thing that could hurt him is being in a small market time, which is why it's such a huge accomplishment that we have had the most representatives in the pro bowl in each of the last two years.

I don’t see how that has much to do with anything, so long as that small market team is consistently successful. It ain’t baseball

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don’t see how that has much to do with anything, so long as that small market team is consistently successful. It ain’t baseball
due to fan voting and popularity, but you're right, it isn't bball.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He gonna have to do much more than just playing good in cvg.. lavonte david is great in cvg but he does a lot more.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He gonna have to do much more than just playing good in cvg.. lavonte david is great in cvg but he does a lot more.
I mean... Judon has been a Pro Bowler the last two years. I don't think anybody is super impressed with his sack numbers...
If Bowser started playing Judon-level snaps, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure Bowser is as good as Judon, but the AFC isn't exactly a juggernaut for linebackers that I'm seeing either.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean... Judon has been a Pro Bowler the last two years. I don't think anybody is super impressed with his sack numbers...
If Bowser started playing Judon-level snaps, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure Bowser is as good as Judon, but the AFC isn't exactly a juggernaut for linebackers that I'm seeing either.

Hopefully Bowser isn’t dumb like Judon’s penalty inducing ass. If he does that in NE, he’ll quickly be riding the pine. BB doesn’t put up with it

Last edited: