• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Maybe. But again, Judon was far from a household name and he made it back-to-back years without eye popping pass rush stats.

In a lot of ways, it'll somewhat be a product of how well the team performs. If we're like a 10+ win team again that's in the Lombardi conversation, by definition, there's going to need to be some Pro Bowlers on that team. Doesn't mean it'll be a linebacker, but we've got a defense that has a lot of good, but perhaps not great, players.

I don't expect Bowser to make a PB, and I don't think he ever will. I personally put almost no stock in PB nods, especially when, if they actually do play the game, you end up with like 6 or 7 alternates in some cases because so many players don't want to go. Vince Young made a Pro Bowl not once, but twice, and by QB standards, was probably below average in both seasons, borderline bad. He made it his rookie year (primarily for his ability to run) by throwing more INTs than TDs and completing barely over 50% of his passes.

So this, hopefully, will be the last time I discuss the PB likelihood of a guy who we're still trying to figure out really how good he is, and from what I can tell, is very much still developing.
I agree, it does have a lot to do with how your team plays and I did mention the last couple years we had the most pro bowlers. I also don't put much stock in pro bowl nods. When the pro bowl was post super bowl, atleast you had some of them going to the game and not cancelling due to the upcoming SB. That way we would have less alternates playing in the game.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Good times

I feel like this is the game where Ravens fans knew it was over for the rest of the leauge. Most of us were pretty damn confident if they got past Denver the bowl was theirs.

Great game. He should have had more tds but missed some to Torrey. Also, DOT of the game had to be that pass to Pitta in OT. Didn't result in points but damn near saved the game with the field position they were going to give up.

Never should have started watching this game again. Going to end up rewatching this whole thing now.

Also, it's crazy to me this game doesn't get more respect on top 10 lists and NFL mentions.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Terrence needs to log off lmao

Birk instead of Jensen. Orlando instead of Oher. Yanda instead of Skura. Osemele at LG. Flacco instead of Lamar. Steve instead of Hollywood. Heap instead of Mark.

I feel like this dude hopped on the bandwagon last season and googled names because what in the actual fuck is that list unless I’m misunderstanding something

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Birk instead of Jensen. Orlando instead of Oher. Yanda instead of Skura. Osemele at LG. Flacco instead of Lamar. Steve instead of Hollywood. Heap instead of Mark.

I feel like this dude hopped on the bandwagon last season and googled names because what in the actual fuck is that list unless I’m misunderstanding something

I could excuse Oher. Skura was what set it off for me.

Personally, I'd go Ogden KO Birk(Jensen isn't a bad choice) Yanda and Oher(Stanley if it can be any tackle). Flacco, Rice, Sharpe, Boldin, Smith Sr, Hollywood. A healthy dose of trash talk on my offense.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could excuse Oher. Skura was what set it off for me.

Personally, I'd go Ogden KO Birk(Jensen isn't a bad choice) Yanda and Oher(Stanley if it can be any tackle). Flacco, Rice, Sharpe, Boldin, Smith Sr, Hollywood. A healthy dose of trash talk on my offense.

You’re taking Oher over OBJ? *GASP*…. Lmao

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

This guy's Oline is terrible.

Who the F would ever think Skura is the best RG the Ravens ever had? Michael Oher wouldn't make my Fab 5 Olineman either. He wasn't as good as OBJ, and I don't even know that he was better than Rick Wagner to be honest. I would bet I could find comparable RT's to Oher from the first decade or so of the organization also. And Oher wasn't even bad and was above average for awhile. But he's not on the Mount Rushmore of Olineman in this organization by any stretch of the imagination in my eyes.

Jensen vs Birk is a tough debate, because I feel like we got Jensen in his prime vs Birk later on. But if you told me KO, Birk, Yanda was my interior, I wouldn't fight you on it.

Ogden and OBJ are probably slam dunks for me at Tackle.

I was going to question Ray Rice over Jamal Lewis, but if game situation is important in this context, then I'm fine with Rice. And if that's the case, I'm also not certain I don't take prime Pitta over Andrews. Pitta was a big time playmaker in clutch situations. Andrews is overall better.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
This guy's Oline is terrible.

Who the F would ever think Skura is the best RG the Ravens ever had? Michael Oher wouldn't make my Fab 5 Olineman either. He wasn't as good as OBJ, and I don't even know that he was better than Rick Wagner to be honest. I would bet I could find comparable RT's to Oher from the first decade or so of the organization also. And Oher wasn't even bad and was above average for awhile. But he's not on the Mount Rushmore of Olineman in this organization by any stretch of the imagination in my eyes.

Jensen vs Birk is a tough debate, because I feel like we got Jensen in his prime vs Birk later on. But if you told me KO, Birk, Yanda was my interior, I wouldn't fight you on it.

Ogden and OBJ are probably slam dunks for me at Tackle.

I was going to question Ray Rice over Jamal Lewis, but if game situation is important in this context, then I'm fine with Rice. And if that's the case, I'm also not certain I don't take prime Pitta over Andrews. Pitta was a big time playmaker in clutch situations. Andrews is overall better.

Are you forgetting about Heap?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
No. I just thought Pitta was more clutch than him, though Heap played on a lot of bad teams, so may not have had as much of an opportunity. I also didn't forget Shannon Sharpe, who was better than all of them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
heaps biggest thing was longevity. Even after injuries he continued playing and playing well, he was never really in the elite conversation when he played, andrews has been for 2 years now, he’s not quite kelce or kittle but the gap between andrews and those guys is MUCH smaller than it was between heap and gates/Gonzales.

andrews has to do better in the clutch, but then again he’s such a threat that defenses really sell out to stop him in those moments which limits his opportunities there. When teams key in on the ravens passing game, the first 2 things they aim to eliminate is andrews over the middle, and the scramble, always.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol I’d love to see what Andrews and Pitta could do with a Qb like Boller… y’all forget how good Heap was

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ll give you Andrews, but he tends to get nicked up even with Lamar, who at least doesn’t get his targets killed. Pitta would have been a scrub or mediocre at best with a worse QB. Heap was just all around better and he was the passing offense of a lot of Ravens teams. Heap gets my nod

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lol I’d love to see what Andrews and Pitta could do with a Qb like Boller… y’all forget how good Heap was
Lol what makes you think we forget? None of us are downplaying heap, he was very good, andrews is just better. I wouldn’t dare say pitta was better, pitta was just extremely clutch but was the least talented of the 3.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol what makes you think we forget? None of us are downplaying heap, he was very good, andrews is just better. I wouldn’t dare say pitta was better, pitta was just extremely clutch but was the least talented of the 3.

Recency bias. Happens to everybody over time. Our memories start to fade on how things were and are then replaced by what has occurred recently. I’d dare say Heap would be a monster in this offense because of the combination of his blocking and pass catching prowess. Perfect fit

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Will the Bucs receive any penalty from the league on their handling of Brady’s injury?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Recency bias. Happens to everybody over time. Our memories start to fade on how things were and are then replaced by what has occurred recently. I’d dare say Heap would be a monster in this offense because of the combination of his blocking and pass catching prowess. Perfect fit
Nah, I have no confusion over who the actual best ravens receiver ever was but recency bias has clouded our entire fan base on that issue. I also don’t think I’d take ray rice over Jamal. If recency bias was at play here then my whole Opinion would be different.

just to play the game here I’m gonna list mine
LT: JO
LG: KO
C: Jensen (people forget about us asking for a birk replacement in the 2012 offseason because he struggled big time against powerful DTs, namely Vince wilfork and Casey Hampton)
RG: yanda
RT: OBJ

WR1: mason
WR2: boldin
WR3: Steve smith
TE: andrews
RB: Jamal

QB: stop playing with this Flacco shit, he never put in one tenth of the effort or showed half the enthusiasm for the sport or the team that Lamar has.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Nah, I have no confusion over who the actual best ravens receiver ever was but recency bias has clouded our entire fan base on that issue. I also don’t think I’d take ray rice over Jamal. If recency bias was at play here then my whole Opinion would be different.

just to play the game here I’m gonna list mine
LT: JO
LG: KO
C: Jensen (people forget about us asking for a birk replacement in the 2012 offseason because he struggled big time against powerful DTs, namely Vince wilfork and Casey Hampton)
RG: yanda
RT: OBJ

WR1: mason
WR2: boldin
WR3: Steve smith
TE: andrews
RB: Jamal

QB: stop playing with this Flacco shit, he never put in one tenth of the effort or showed half the enthusiasm for the sport or the team that Lamar has.

Speaking of Flacco or Lamar, I’d like to change my answer a bit. If it’s in the playoffs, give me Flacco. I’ll take Lamar once he goes full on Montana and wins a Super Bowl. If it’s a regular season game, I’ll take Lamar because Flacco ran like a wounded giraffe