• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We could be a top 5 team in the game... If we keep playing our cards right but #1? Come on man

to be fair to him his justification for his power rankings is that he throws out the history and ranks based on what these iterations have shown him which is just a different way of modelling a power ranking than other people do

and to be fair to him the ravens were by far the most impressive team in week 1 - and its not even close - you can add mitigating factors all you want but purely on a 1 week and offseason basis there's not been a demonstrably better football team

of course that's liable to change if the ravens lose to the bengals or look less impressive moving forward but its not unfair for him to rank the ravens top after the statistically historic game played against the bills - the ravens didnt just handily defeat the bills, they destroyed them in a game the like of which has not been seen for decades and however bad you think the bills are - they are still a professional nfl team

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m i the only one that just used the “New Posts” button to browse PurpleFlock?

I see people complaining about not finding new threads because they’re in the wrong place but I never have that problem? All you have to do is click New Posts and you see literally every single thread you haven’t read yet. That easy. Which is why I don’t give af where the new Game Threads are.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I’m i the only one that just used the “New Posts” button to browse PurpleFlock?

I see people complaining about not finding new threads because they’re in the wrong place but I never have that problem? All you have to do is click New Posts and you see literally every single thread you haven’t read yet. That easy. Which is why I don’t give af where the new Game Threads are.
I agree. It's honestly not that hard to find things if you look around a little. Probably not as easy as new posts, but I just go to the section where I think something could be. I also read every thread that's been posted, so there's that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree. It's honestly not that hard to find things if you look around a little. Probably not as easy as new posts, but I just go to the section where I think something could be. I also read every thread that's been posted, so there's that.

if the thing is coloured purple then that means there is stuff in that section that hasnt been read and each thread you havent read has a blue dot next to it

but new posts works too

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You should see what Quenton Nelson did to the Bengals DL last week. He made them look like whipping boys. This is that reason he was my favorite player in the draft.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Price is coming off of surgery and was rushed into the lineup. He’ll be fine in due time. I’d much rather have him than Skura though due to a lot of upside.

We can hopefully take advantage of that though

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You should see what Quenton Nelson did to the Bengals DL last week. He made them look like whipping boys. This is that reason he was my favorite player in the draft.
Outside if him, Price, Hernandez, and Ragnow the interior class was piss poor. This wasn’t the draft to address it in. We should be happy we got brown when we did.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Price is coming off of surgery and was rushed into the lineup. He’ll be fine in due time. I’d much rather have him than Skura though due to a lot of upside.

Let's be honest, a healthy rookie at Center will have growing pains its to be expected and its why he is at the moment one of the lower tier starting centers. It likely will improve but that takes time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

a big thing for price is that he looks like he loves power running but he's got shorter arms which makes reach blocking in zone is harder for him and yet that's what the bengals are asking him to do - i have a feeling this will be his welcome to the nfl game going up against our interior behemoths

i wont lie lol but both us and the bengals would likely be better this year if we swapped centers for the season - skura looks like a better fit for their zone blocking and billy price is hands down a power blocking center

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He may have already had it against the Colts. Less than a series in and he was put literally on his back.

He got manhandled by the Colts defensive line.

tbf he got bulled on the first/second snap of the game and was trying to reset and anchor down but got tripped up by his own left guard clint boling so it wasnt just him - but given that the colts interior line features no one of note and ours is stacked you have to think and hope that this is going to be a long day for the bengals - especially considering that boling and price are considered 2/3 of the good side of the bengals OL

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
tbf he got bulled on the first/second snap of the game and was trying to reset and anchor down but got tripped up by his own left guard clint boling so it wasnt just him - but given that the colts interior line features no one of note and ours is stacked you have to think and hope that this is going to be a long day for the bengals - especially considering that boling and price are considered 2/3 of the good side of the bengals OL
Yeah, I mean, it happens- you get beat one time. However, the bigger thing for Price was he was getting beat on almost every snap it seemed like. He was just getting blown right past.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah, I mean, it happens- you get beat one time. However, the bigger thing for Price was he was getting beat on almost every snap it seemed like. He was just getting blown right past.

i didnt notice that - but if im honest i wasnt paying huge attention to him every snap - but that's promising to hear given the strength of our defensive line and interior pass rushers