• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Simba

Staff Member
So when/if Stanley comes back... what do we do with Villanueva and Mekari? Part of me feels that they'll let AV go back to the right side, but another part of me thinks they'll realize that Mekari has really stabilized that RT position and AV might be better suited as the swing T.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
So when/if Stanley comes back... what do we do with Villanueva and Mekari? Part of me feels that they'll let AV go back to the right side, but another part of me thinks they'll realize that Mekari has really stabilized that RT position and AV might be better suited as the swing T.

AV swing. Mekari been handling it. Once Boyle comes back, it’ll make make it easier on him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbaugh apparently has indirectly fucked things up in Denver. Lots of heat surrounding a cleaning of that coaching staff at the end of the season. Word is that Fangio and the staff has lost the locker room and a "final straw" for some guys was his focus on bitching about that final run instead of literally anything about the actual Broncos.

wouldnt be the first time harbs has ousted fangio lol

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
ED80E925-F3ED-4F61-BC8E-2951B80ADC53.jpeg

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
We got nfl pro bowlers who don’t have the slightest clue who Shannon sharpe is and what he’s about…

damn bruh I’m fucking old

I’ve always thought DK was the next T.O. His personality even backs that up. But hell, T.O. gave the legends their respect

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ok hold on with the doom and gloom on Ronnie. Why on earth would the Ravens say he doesn't need surgery and then not put him even on short term IR to then have him weeks later after doing nothing but rehabbing say oh yeah he's done? I'm certainly not saying it's impossible, but it doesn't make sense to me. Why not short term IR him?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok hold on with the doom and gloom on Ronnie. Why on earth would the Ravens say he doesn't need surgery and then not put him even on short term IR to then have him weeks later after doing nothing but rehabbing say oh yeah he's done? I'm certainly not saying it's impossible, but it doesn't make sense to me. Why not short term IR him?

I just don't get a good feeling about Ronnie's situation and I didn't know he was getting a second opinion on his own 2 weeks ago. There may be some disagreement between Ronnie and the Ravens. Otherwise, why go get a second opinion??

I will not be shocked if they shut him down this year.

Simba

Staff Member

Him not going to IR was solely for cap reasons. We've been going with less than 53 on the roster for quite some time now, so no real need to make a move. Instead of shelving him completely for 3 weeks, you give him the opportunity to rehab and see if it gets better. Since it clearly hasn't and a roster crunch is coming, the resolution is now coming.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Him not going to IR was solely for cap reasons. We've been going with less than 53 on the roster for quite some time now, so no real need to make a move. Instead of shelving him completely for 3 weeks, you give him the opportunity to rehab and see if it gets better. Since it clearly hasn't and a roster crunch is coming, the resolution is now coming.

That's totally fine and understandable. I guess what won't make sense to me is if the resolution is he's done for the year. If he goes on short term IR even if it is a few weeks longer than 3, that would still make sense. But for him to play week 1, apparently not need surgery, be off for 6 weeks, and then be done for the year? It's totally possible, but I have some hope he's just another month or month and a half away.

Simba

Staff Member
That's totally fine and understandable. I guess what won't make sense to me is if the resolution is he's done for the year. If he goes on short term IR even if it is a few weeks longer than 3, that would still make sense. But for him to play week 1, apparently not need surgery, be off for 6 weeks, and then be done for the year? It's totally possible, but I have some hope he's just another month or month and a half away.

You didn’t need the spots though and a lot of that time was spent getting second and third opinions. Him not going to IR has no bearing on his status.