• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I am going to visit Baltimore for the first time next week for some training.

Is there any place I should check out?

Side note, really wished this was during the season so I can catch a home game smh
There is nothing to do at the inner harbor, don’t bother there. Corner stable in timonium has the best crab cakes and ribs I’ve ever had. Andy Nelson’s bbq in cockeysville is excellent, Andy Nelson is a former Baltimore colts safety who owns it and is a pretty hands on and in person kinda owner.

Frankly, Baltimore doesn’t offer that much lol, and it seems like half of downtown is currently under some sort of construction. Fells point, canton, brewers hill, these are some really nice areas with a bit of nightlife.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I am going to visit Baltimore for the first time next week for some training.

Is there any place I should check out?

Side note, really wished this was during the season so I can catch a home game smh
Camden Yards and the aquarium are pretty cool if you have the time. I would live at the aquarium if I could.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It was a 5th round pick.

Nobody cares, try harder.
yes, but now that 5th round pick (Shaun Wade) has been turned into Tyler Badie and a 2023rd 5th rounder. Tyler Badie should have been drafted much earlier than the 6th round.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
There is nothing to do at the inner harbor, don’t bother there. Corner stable in timonium has the best crab cakes and ribs I’ve ever had. Andy Nelson’s bbq in cockeysville is excellent, Andy Nelson is a former Baltimore colts safety who owns it and is a pretty hands on and in person kinda owner.

Frankly, Baltimore doesn’t offer that much lol, and it seems like half of downtown is currently under some sort of construction. Fells point, canton, brewers hill, these are some really nice areas with a bit of nightlife.

I am in it for the crab cakes

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am in it for the crab cakes
I could eat good crab cakes every day of the week. I emphasize, good crab cakes. I laugh when I see it on the menu in other states.

The only other place i'd consider a crab cake would be in New Orleans, just because of a different preparation. I made my mistake ordering dungeness crab cakes back in the early 2000. All I have to say is ewwwwwww. I guzzled the beer down so fast after taking my first and last bite.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Camden Yards and the aquarium are pretty cool if you have the time. I would live at the aquarium if I could.
The aquarium is awesome. We had a family membership for years. Don’t know if they still do it but they would have members nights where they opened up to members only. No crowd and completely different experience at night.

Camden Yards is the benchmark for MLB ballparks.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The aquarium is awesome. We had a family membership for years. Don’t know if they still do it but they would have members nights where they opened up to members only. No crowd and completely different experience at night.

Yeah, I went to a couple of those pre covid. The only downside is that the fish I wanted to see were in sleep mode.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

agree, the Aquarium is an amazing experience.

Lamars boy (Kodak Black) was just arrested again with drug charges this time in South Florida..selling oxy. Smh

Lamar, stay away from this clown.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
God dammit. I rocks with Kodak but at this point… he’s not a good look for a guy like
Lamar
Thats his childhood friend.. not like they be around each other every day..when kodak gets in trouble, nobody even thinks of lamar. Long as kodak aint out here some weird shit, i hope lamar rock with him for eternity.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Just saw the video of when jeffero scored on us again and what do you know, its was hump again with chuck clark out of the play… That happened alot last season and while clark been here… happy af it might finally be over

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamars boy (Kodak Black) was just arrested again with drug charges this time in South Florida..selling oxy. Smh

Lamar, stay away from this clown.
Would be crazy for him selling oxy. He just got enough for them to assume he’s slanging. Fool rich af. Having 50k cash and a private stash of whatever drug you want as a rapper shouldn’t be a surprise. Fool dumb af still though.