• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
since we cleared a bunch of dead money near the end of Ozzie's tenure we've always been around this kind of place in terms of future cap space - obviously we've got at least 1 and hopefully 2 major moves that are going to significantly dent that number hopefully before free agency even opens
That's not taking into account the space we could make by waiving the following

Zeitler - 6.5m
Boyle - 7.3m
Campbell - 6.5m (retires)
Clark - 3.6m
Moses - 2.5m

This is a savings of 26.4m. Now I don't see us cutting both Moses and Zeitler and I'm hoping we restructure Zeitler and keep Moses. The depth we have on the offensive line is the best we have had in years and I'd rather not disturb that. Without waiving Zeitler or Moses it is still a savings of 17.4m

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's not taking into account the space we could make by waiving the following

Zeitler - 6.5m
Boyle - 7.3m
Campbell - 6.5m (retires)
Clark - 3.6m
Moses - 2.5m

This is a savings of 26.4m. Now I don't see us cutting both Moses and Zeitler and I'm hoping we restructure Zeitler and keep Moses. The depth we have on the offensive line is the best we have had in years and I'd rather not disturb that. Without waiving Zeitler or Moses it is still a savings of 17.4m

I think zeitler is gone unless he takes a pay cut and I reckon he won’t want to or need to take one so I’d assume he’s gone

Moses probably sticks around unless they think he won’t win the RT competition vs Faalele in year 2

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Patiently waiting for Ojabo to be active... maybe next week

I’m guessing he and kolar are on a somewhat similar timetable as they both missed all of training camp and returned at similar times

I’m surprised that they don’t think either of them can at least blood themselves with a handful of snaps though maybe they’re not wanting to risk special teams play just to get a couple of rookies involved

Really felt like kolar might be able to add something though with likely out a we know Boyle isn’t doing anything as a receiver and Oliver is more of a blocker too

Would be very ironic if this game and this group is the first time we run a bunch of 11 personnel all year…

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think zeitler is gone unless he takes a pay cut and I reckon he won’t want to or need to take one so I’d assume he’s gone

Moses probably sticks around unless they think he won’t win the RT competition vs Faalele in year 2
I think you are correct on all accounts. This is not saying that Zeitler hasn't done a tremendous job, it's just the cost savings may be necessary.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m guessing he and kolar are on a somewhat similar timetable as they both missed all of training camp and returned at similar times

I’m surprised that they don’t think either of them can at least blood themselves with a handful of snaps though maybe they’re not wanting to risk special teams play just to get a couple of rookies involved

Really felt like kolar might be able to add something though with likely out a we know Boyle isn’t doing anything as a receiver and Oliver is more of a blocker too

Would be very ironic if this game and this group is the first time we run a bunch of 11 personnel all year…
GRo loves to pass or come out passing against teams that aren't good against the run. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
With 6 games left in the season, I'm getting PTSD from last season around this time. See, before the beginning of the season (and even early into the season), I commenced a #SIIE about us winning it all. I try to be realistic about my #SIIEs and I have to believe in it before I post it. I'm sure the same applies for Brother @JAAM . Now? I'm off this #SIIE.

I now worry about us missing the playoffs altogether. I think of these 4 losses and I think how much they're gonna haunt us (including the Giants loss because I personally wanted that one). Like you @rossihunter2 , this is the most discouraging season in the Lamar Era. I won't use the word depressing because I feel like that word gets used hella more often that it should.

I'm still holding onto the #SIIE of Lamar signing a long-term extension with us, but I'm prepared that this might be his second-to-last season with us which sucks bigly.

*sighs*

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
With 6 games left in the season, I'm getting PTSD from last season around this time. See, before the beginning of the season (and even early into the season), I commenced a #SIIE about us winning it all. I try to be realistic about my #SIIEs and I have to believe in it before I post it. I'm sure the same applies for Brother @JAAM . Now? I'm off this #SIIE.

I now worry about us missing the playoffs altogether. I think of these 4 losses and I think how much they're gonna haunt us (including the Giants loss because I personally wanted that one). Like you @rossihunter2 , this is the most discouraging season in the Lamar Era. I won't use the word depressing because I feel like that word gets used hella more often that it should.

I'm still holding onto the #SIIE of Lamar signing a long-term extension with us, but I'm prepared that this might be his second-to-last season with us which sucks bigly.

*sighs*
I haven't felt good about this team for a while now. Playoffs would be nice, but I'm only going to watch with 0 expectations the rest of the season. I find it helps me enjoy the games a little more.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Russ about shit himself lol, that man was scared

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
lets hope our defense can get back on track this week and not let RW right himself
And then watch Russ come to Baltimore and play like his former SB-winning self and be pinpoint accurate and efficient in running the Bronco's offense against the Ravens. Smh!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Can anyone who may have a better memory than me remember a season in say 2011 to present where we just played as sloppy as 2022?

Im talking like 5 plus dropped passes in back to back weeks. Tons of penalties. Defensive collapses etc.

I just can't remember a Ravens team not doing the routine stuff like this