• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What is the appropriate dollar threshold not to attend a wedding you don’t even want to go to? Wife wants to go to a college friends wedding in New York, total cost for us to attend is $1700…. I like these people but I also don’t like them that much. I’m getting death stares from the wife for having not booked the flights ……
pick your battles. That being said, $1700 is a lot to pay to go to a wedding.

Tank

Hall of Famer
What is the appropriate dollar threshold not to attend a wedding you don’t even want to go to? Wife wants to go to a college friends wedding in New York, total cost for us to attend is $1700…. I like these people but I also don’t like them that much. I’m getting death stares from the wife for having not booked the flights ……
Sounds like it’s more of a honey do than anything else. Could pay dearly in the future if you don’t go. lol

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
787B253E-C627-4C75-8B8F-64EB8F8136AB.jpeg

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

They’d be paying ME if they wanted me to go

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s a battle to pick though. And I don’t wanna hear no simp ass happy wife happy life shit either, $1700 for a night of drinking and dancing is beyond outrageous for like 98% of the American population.

Damn right. If he goes to that then he’s a pussy

Tank

Hall of Famer
You scared of your wife my dude?
haha. Not at all! I do know though my wife wouldn’t want to spend that chicken either. But I’ve been married a long time and have learned a couple of things too. lol

Plane fares are nuts right now. I know a couple that had to spend over $2k to go to a wedding in San Francisco next week. Their’s is a close relative, no choice really.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I didn’t even know he was coaching there

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I do think we tried, we’re just not very good at drafting. We did give him 2 1st round WR, 1st round center, 1st round TE, arguably the 2nd best TE in the league, 2nd round back….. we’ve given him a decent amount. Injuries, poor drafting , and honestly Lamar just playing average are they reason his contract were wasted. 2019 was pure magic by Lamar, take the year away and he’s just not that special.
He was really special the first half of last season, more special than most of what we saw in 2019

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Feeling a lot better today man. Thank you. Now just have allergy-type symptoms. Runny itchy nose, sneezing, coughing
I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully it wasn't too long because I've heard people who had symptoms for well over a week and it sounds miserable.

Hopefully by the holidays, if you celebrate, it's fully gone and you can enjoy yourself to the max.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Feeling a lot better today man. Thank you. Now just have allergy-type symptoms. Runny nose, sneezing, coughing
Covid hit us all on vacation and ruined our week. By the end of day 2 I thought I was better but for the next 2 days that damn fever and the aches kept coming back. Then I had some weird shit for 2 weeks where anything with the slightest hint of vinegar smelled/tasted like ammonia mixed with wet dust and metal, that’s a loose description because the smell was completely alien to me and I can’t really describe it. This smell would overwhelm my whole head and lungs so intensely that I couldn’t function around it. I ate plain chicken nuggets for 2 weeks straight, because you’d be shocked how many foods have vinegar at least in trace amounts

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully it wasn't too long because I've heard people who had symptoms for well over a week and it sounds miserable.

Hopefully by the holidays, if you celebrate, it's fully gone and you can enjoy yourself to the max.

Thanks man. I appreciate you even if I do give you hell over all the numbers in your username lmao

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Covid hit us all on vacation and ruined our week. By the end of day 2 I thought I was better but for the next 2 days that damn fever and the aches kept coming back. Then I had some weird shit for 2 weeks where anything with the slightest hint of vinegar smelled/tasted like ammonia mixed with wet dust and metal, that’s a loose description because the smell was completely alien to me and I can’t really describe it. This smell would overwhelm my whole head and lungs so intensely that I couldn’t function around it. I ate plain chicken nuggets for 2 weeks straight, because you’d be shocked how many foods have vinegar at least in trace amounts

I’ve had it twice and I’ve never lost my sense of smell or taste thank God. Can’t wait until I’m able to drink a beer again