• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gonna ramble cuz fuck it.

If we didn't get continuously fucked by injuries last year bleeding into this year plus injuries this year, I believe we're squarely battling for a superbowl. Even with Roman. Even with Bateman as the only WR of value.

A healthy JK and Gus. A healthy Peters and Fuller. A healthy Pierce and Bateman. An even healthier Stanley.

It's so fucked. Injuries ruined 40% of Lamar's rookie contract (2021 and 2022). Bricks for hands ruined 20% (2019). 20% does not count (2018). And lack of OL ruined 20% (2020).

Without injuries, the 2021 and 2022 Ravens should have competed for post season glory and Lamar should be thought of like Mahomes.

I will repeat. WE. WILL. NEVER. WIN. A SUPER BOWL. WITH. ROMAN.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we can just win one more division game we win any tie breaker over them.
if we win the next 3 and they lose to anyone (most likely the bills)
We clinch. We need to win these next 3.
Well, honestly, I don't see that happening because our offense is so damn inept. It's been that way for weeks; even with Lamar on the field. Their inability to finish drives with touchdowns has been their Achilles heel. I don't expect them to automatically "flip the switch" to become a beast and rip off 3 straight wins (2 at home and 1 on the road). None of these games are freebies. And, the Ravens lack any kind of efficient and effective aerial attack. That is a personnel and scheme issue in my view. And GRo tends to go away from what clearly works (the power run game). Now, hopefully, Lamar's presence could improve our chances but after a 3-week hiatus? That remains to be seen.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Is Roman fired yet or am I gonna have to take my Covid infested ass to Owings Mills to personally fire him myself
Apparently not.... but I imagine John Harbaugh pleading his case to Eric and Steve as to why his buddy Greg shouldn't be fired. With Steve telling John, "I got Sean Payton on speed dial, either Roman goes or you both go."

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Obviously it's only one week and the game is not over, but I've been telling y'all since the beginning that the Vikings are just not a good team at all. Like neither on offense or especially defense. Kirk is garbage and Jefferson being an animal is the sole reason for any of the success they've had.
I agree with you. Don't give a shit about the comeback. I've watched JJ bail Kirk out of numerous ints all season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ok, now we know Peters and Campbell will miss time, that was obvious. Get to the real news... the best news that should have happened 2 years ago.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don't think for one second Roman is getting fired TODAY. But if he did, quick everyone make your predictions on who is going to be the internal promotion.

I'd say it would be Urban. I don't think Dubb is in line for it, and although it might make sense for Tee Martin, I'm not sure I'd want him given his smaller amount of experience here and not so great production out of the WRs.