• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think it's overwhelmingly likely we are 3rd or 5th seed. Which should mean we'd get a favorable matchup.

Think we probably win 1 playoff game. Should be able to take care of the Chargers/Jets/Patriots/Dolphins

to end up with the 5th seed we'd need the chargers to lose a game - either vs the Rams this week or the Broncos in week 18
think it's far more likely that we end up the 6th seed than the 5th...

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Previously fired coach, non threat to Harbaugh, older offensive minded coach and not a young up and comer, etc

I'm surprised a 43 year old Hackett is considered a older offensive mind but I could see Harbaugh having some interest in him especially if anyone remembers how the Jaguars offense was back in 2017 when Hackett was their offensive coordinator. Outside of that if this is Roman last year with The Ravens I hope his replacement is someone in house that way The Ravens can keep the same offensive system in place and Lamar Jackson if he ends up staying a Raven doesn't have to majorly adjust to a new offensive system.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol most coaches are fired at some point
just like most players are cut at some point

it's very rare a coach doesnt get fired at some point in their career

by that token they're all rejects

Pretty sure being fired means you failed, but sounds great man.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Previously fired coach, non threat to Harbaugh, older offensive minded coach and not a young up and comer, etc
I mean there's not a coach you could name that we would hire that would actually be a "threat to Harbaugh". If said coach were successful at what they did, it means the Ravens are likely successful, which means John isn't threatened by anybody. In order for John to be threatened, the team would have to fail. The team failing looks bad upon the coordinators as well, just like it does the HC.

The "threat" is that said coach leaves in a few years for a HC or better opportunity.

Simba

Staff Member
It's looking most likely at this juncture that we're the 3rd seed or the 6th seed and that would most likely be a Bengals matchup either way. Chargers are the only thing standing in our way of that 5th seed and they would need to drop one to the Rams or Broncos. Not impossible but not super likely either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Andy Reid had years of successful experience running an NFL offense and wasn’t coming off a completely horrific season like Hackett is where he failed to put an NFL offense out there even with “Mr. Unlimited”
I was being a bit sarcastic. You mentioned old and retread, so I through out a name.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's looking most likely at this juncture that we're the 3rd seed or the 6th seed and that would most likely be a Bengals matchup either way. Chargers are the only thing standing in our way of that 5th seed and they would need to drop one to the Rams or Broncos. Not impossible but not super likely either.
we need to root for some baker magic - because we wont be getting anything from the broncos lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

bengals likely the 5th seed if we're the 3rd
so most likely the chargers if we're the 3rd seed, the jags if we're the 5th seed and the bengals/bills (depending on who wins this week) if we're the 6th seed and the 7th seed would take a lot of things going wrong the next 2 weeks

Simba

Staff Member
bengals likely the 5th seed if we're the 3rd
so most likely the chargers if we're the 3rd seed, the jags if we're the 5th seed and the bengals/bills (depending on who wins this week) if we're the 6th seed and the 7th seed would take a lot of things going wrong the next 2 weeks
Yeah that Bengals Bills matchup is the key that I left out. If the Bills win that one, we're looking pretty strong to play the Bengals. If the Bengals win, we could theoretically end up with either LAC or even the Bills.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah that Bengals Bills matchup is the key that I left out. If the Bills win that one, we're looking pretty strong to play the Bengals. If the Bengals win, we could theoretically end up with either LAC or even the Bills.

obviously the preferred matchups are the AFC South winner or the chargers but idk that id mind going back into Cincinnati - especially given we'd have an immediate chance to get revenge on them for winning the division in our building the week before in this scenario...