• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Also because qb highlights aren’t normally indicative of good qb play - burrow does so many things at a high level but yeah a bunch of his highlights are gonna be deep balls to chase who’s either out-boxing a guy at the catch-point (still counts as open btw so not a 50-50 if it’s thrown with the right leverage) or wide open because he’s really good haha

I don’t think he’s mahomes and I don’t think he’d be this prolific if he didn’t have the WR triplet he’s had the last couple of years but he’s undeniably playing QB at a very high level
Clutch and calm. Pressure never seems to get to him unless it literally gets to him. He's arrogant as hell but I can understand why.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I'm not a super fan of the price, I guess my main question would be... do you think paying $20/game to watch your team play is a lot? Because that's effectively what it amounts to.

You can factor out primetime games I guess, but they're also not predictable or sustainable year-over-year.

That's a fair point especially considering that I used to go to a sports bar every Sunday for the games (before streaming was a thing) and spent way more than that

As long as we have Lamar then I can see us getting lots of primetime games every year, but obviously that could change depending on team performance...

Still though, you can't beat free and as long as the NFL is unable to completely crack down on the illegal streams then I don't see any reason to switch to the official package with YouTube unless the quality is vastly superior. If the games are coming in 4K and aren't experiencing any other issues then I'd consider it, but I'm definitely not shelling out any money until we see the end product

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I bought the package for $349 this past Saturday lol. Living in California, it’s priceless for me to watch the Ravens every Sunday, especially with my mom, but it is pretty expensive. It was definitely worth it for me
I bought the package that includes red zone. I live in the DC area and don't want to be stuck watching the skins or another boring team on the other channel in the few games that the Ravens aren't on TV. I also like to watch my choice of game in the opposite time slot that we play.

Definitely priceless for you, without question. I think I'd even buy it if I lived in Baltimore.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I bought the package that includes red zone. I live in the DC area and don't want to be stuck watching the skins or another boring team on the other channel in the few games that the Ravens aren't on TV. I also like to watch my choice of game in the opposite time slot that we play.

Definitely priceless for you, without question. I think I'd even buy it if I lived in Baltimore.
Exactly! I get all the California teams and Vegas. No thanks! Even if the Ravens aren’t on, I’d rather watch paint dry than watch the Niners play (unless they’re losing - sorry @Dom McRaven ’s dad)

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's a fair point especially considering that I used to go to a sports bar every Sunday for the games (before streaming was a thing) and spent way more than that

As long as we have Lamar then I can see us getting lots of primetime games every year, but obviously that could change depending on team performance...

Still though, you can't beat free and as long as the NFL is unable to completely crack down on the illegal streams then I don't see any reason to switch to the official package with YouTube unless the quality is vastly superior. If the games are coming in 4K and aren't experiencing any other issues then I'd consider it, but I'm definitely not shelling out any money until we see the end product
For me, quality of the streams typically isn't that great, and I'm also not taking the chances of the NFL cracking down on pirating mid-game, which they've done before. UFC used to do it all the time.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
For me, quality of the streams typically isn't that great, and I'm also not taking the chances of the NFL cracking down on pirating mid-game, which they've done before. UFC used to do it all the time.

Yeah. At this point it's about convenience. It's the price of a good ticket and can watch the next best game if it's not in in my region. Rather not go thru the hassle everywhere of finding the stream and hoping it sticks and I'd spend more going out to watch.

Would prefer team specific packages but I get it.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor

YES OMG I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO WATCH THE STUPID WTF TEAM PLAY INSTEAD OF MY RAVENS. I nearly broke my Tv one day when I switched the TV to Fox and then the WTFers were playing there instead of the Ravens

Tank

Hall of Famer
Clutch and calm. Pressure never seems to get to him unless it literally gets to him. He's arrogant as hell but I can understand why.

Clutch and calm, extremely important qualities beyond physical ability for a QB.

He’s arrogant because he’s an asshole? lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mom has bad eyes and the streams are sometimes a bit fuzzy lol
Why not just find free streams online? Unless the streaming quality is way better with the official package then I don't see any reason to pay that ridiculous amount
I loving streaming and usually find a solid one but my wife is not a fan of the endless nude cartoon Zelda character adds. Still not paying that price , yall crazy

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah. At this point it's about convenience. It's the price of a good ticket and can watch the next best game if it's not in in my region. Rather not go thru the hassle everywhere of finding the stream and hoping it sticks and I'd spend more going out to watch.

Would prefer team specific packages but I get it.
I'd love to see team specific packages also, BUT, I'm not entirely sold that, if it happens, they'll be significantly cheaper.

Like people think because its like $340 for the full league, it'll be like $30-40 a season for one team. Zero chance I see of that. Realistically, I'd bet a individual team package will still run at least half of the normal. I'd bet at least $150-200 a season. Maybe more.

I'd love to see how the NFL or networks model for that potential. Realistically, they're making a killing off of it now, especially with the amounts they charge sports bars, restaurants, etc. So they have little motivation to make any changes.
This year will be a good barometer. See what what the package sales are, since they're no longer locked into Directv to do it. I think it'll set the market so high that they won't ever have appetite for individual team packages. Or if they do, the price point will still be high.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Y’all are delusional. I get it, he’s got great weapons and we don’t and we’re salty, but Joe burrow is a stone cold killer on that field, and he always has been.
Idk, I just have to find him overrated at this point because everyone acts like he’s had two Flacco like post season runs and it just hasn’t been the case. He was lucky to not have 4 INTs this past game, his only big plays were under thrown deep balls. In the super bowl he was lucky to have 1TD, it was an egregious no call.

I think he’s good and I get ball placement increases the likelihood of completing 50/50 balls, but I don’t consider him Tom Brady or Mahomes like some do. And obviously I’m bias and annoyed that a lot of ppl around here call Lamar a running back and act like he can’t hold a candle to Burrow whereas I think he does more with less, not to mention is 6-1 against said team.