• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
age is just a number. Well actually it's letters.
Article says Picketts playbook was in the truck. Come on share it , curious what the Steelers are running this year

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I would gladly take the 3 hour time difference on the west coast anyday. Every other thing about the West Coast... they can keep it. Essentially you get football all day and have the rest of the day to do stuff even after the 4pm games end.

I don't know how you posters on the West Coast do it with high cost of living out here. I know Vegas is different from California but still.
Weird pros and cons. Most of my family is from Pittsburgh and Cleveland so I’ve expierence both

Imo, west coast is better with age- high school and college really suck to wake up at 9:30 on a weekend hungover and you get nothing done all day.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh - prime time games start the second (or before) you get off work. That’s ass. You miss the first quarter driving. And when a young kid with religious parents, I missed every morning first half with church.

Pros- prime time games serve as the perfect dinner and pre game to
Any event.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh - prime time games start the second (or before) you get off work. That’s ass. You miss the first quarter driving. And when a young kid with religious parents, I missed every morning first half with church.

Pros- prime time games serve as the perfect dinner and pre game to
Any event.
I was at a conference in San Diego many years ago and we were playing on Sunday Night Football. Well I was walking around the beach and enjoy the sites and looked at my watch and was thinking we have 3 1/2 left until the game. Then it occurred to me that the game is going to start in about a half hour.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Last night I was drunk and gone off 2 blunts, and I overheard my stepdad and a friend arguing about qbs, we got on the topic of turnover prone guys because someone was claiming josh Allen the leagues best qb. So my stepdad whips out the google and asks everyone who threw the most picks last year, I dropped josh Allen, then I continued to guess the rest of the top 4 (minus Davis mills) in order, I felt like “finally I got to show these mfs I know my shit”

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last night I was drunk and gone off 2 blunts, and I overheard my stepdad and a friend arguing about qbs, we got on the topic of turnover prone guys because someone was claiming josh Allen the leagues best qb. So my stepdad whips out the google and asks everyone who threw the most picks last year, I dropped josh Allen, then I continued to guess the rest of the top 4 (minus Davis mills) in order, I felt like “finally I got to show these mfs I know my shit”

lmfao

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm probably an idiot for staying in Vegas for another week but I'm doing the Allegiant Stadium Tour while I'm here. Going to be interesting to see the stadium from a different perspective from what we as fans usually see, or well are allowed to see.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flights booked and tickets purchased , I’ll be in Cinci this year rocking the purple in Week2. skyline chili time

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Article says Picketts playbook was in the truck. Come on share it , curious what the Steelers are running this year
It's still Matt Canada's playbook so it will be a load of shite whatever it is.

If the Ravens got a hold of it it'd be like some cursed black magic text, with a series of QC coaches entering the room to read it and being found hours later in a pool of blood with their eyes torn out, or their wrists slit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m still mad at the lions for their draft. They could’ve landed Forbes or Gonzales with their first, and then they had kancey, Nolan smith, FAU, all kinds of really high value prospects available at their second. instead they take a rb and a 2 down LB.

I don’t fucking get it.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m still mad at the lions for their draft. They could’ve landed Forbes or Gonzales with their first, and then they had kancey, Nolan smith, FAU, all kinds of really high value prospects available at their second. instead they take a rb and a 2 down LB.

I don’t fucking get it.
Generally agree. All comes down to whether you embrace analytics and "positional value".
I thought they were crushing the draft with their trades, but then they made their picks, and I hated both of them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Generally agree. All comes down to whether you embrace analytics and "positional value".
I thought they were crushing the draft with their trades, but then they made their picks, and I hated both of them.
Analytics has its place and all but when it comes to the draft, I’m less about positional value, and more about getting the best shot at a home run pick in round 1, and there is a 1% chance of a rb 12th overall being a home run, even a generational talent(which Gibbs is not) at 12 is too high for rb. And then a 2 down LB I don’t think should even be considered until 2nd round. I mean really, is jack Campbell a better LB prospect than Trenton Simpson? I don’t think he is.

Calijah kancey would’ve been the guy I would’ve taken with their jack Campbell pick, and that’s not necessarily a high value position based on the analytics, so I won’t argue based on that, I will just argue that a pass rushing dt, or essentially ANY player that isn’t a 2 down LB, is likely a better pick, and the same goes for Gibbs at 12.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

I don’t fucking get it.
I agree with the overall tale, esp with how much I usually love what Brad Holmes does. I will say if they came out with Forbes and Felix that might have been an even worse haul.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree with the overall tale, esp with how much I usually love what Brad Holmes does. I will say if they came out with Forbes and Felix that might have been an even worse haul.
You must not be a fan of those guys but I am lol. Felix wouldn’t have been top of my list there but he’s easily a whole round above jack Campbell

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler

I don’t fucking get it.
I agree with you on positional value, but it's a lot like the Ravens taking Hamilton and Linderbaum. If those players look good while others bust it won't look like such a bad move.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
You must not be a fan of those guys but I am lol. Felix wouldn’t have been top of my list there but he’s easily a whole round above jack Campbell
Yeah I figured. Felix had no business going in the top 50 if you ask me, but that's just opinion. To be fair Campbell was a day 3 guy for me so absolutely no way to make it make sense here.
Gibbs at least I know he's talented, and I can understand why they'd want to move on from Swift. But good god that Campbell pick will be hard top forget.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree with you on positional value, but it's a lot like the Ravens taking Hamilton and Linderbaum. If those players look good while others bust it won't look like such a bad move.
Ravens didn’t have poor value though. Hamilton is a safety, and there has never been anything wrong with taking a safety early, how early and what type of safety is what matters, and Kyle hamilton at 14 is an absurd value no matter who’s counting, and linderbaum is the best C prospect we’ve seen in a very long time. A rb at 12 and 2 down LB in the late teens is apples and oranges to hamilton and linderbaum

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah I figured. Felix had no business going in the top 50 if you ask me, but that's just opinion. To be fair Campbell was a day 3 guy for me so absolutely no way to make it make sense here.
Gibbs at least I know he's talented, and I can understand why they'd want to move on from Swift. But good god that Campbell pick will be hard top forget.
Exactly. Gibbs might be a big time game changer for them, he might be carrying the load for the next 4 years and it might look pretty damn good, but once year 5 comes around, that’s when that rb at 12 pick looks BAD, because everyone will say “X Y and Z were on the board at 12 and you took gibbs instead, and now those guys are on their second deals and Gibbs is leaving in FA” and we can say hindsight all we want, but those critiques will be 110% correct.

And yeah the jack Campbell pick is where I think Detroit went from one of the hot upstart teams to “what the fuck?”

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Analytics has its place and all but when it comes to the draft, I’m less about positional value, and more about getting the best shot at a home run pick in round 1, and there is a 1% chance of a rb 12th overall being a home run, even a generational talent(which Gibbs is not) at 12 is too high for rb. And then a 2 down LB I don’t think should even be considered until 2nd round. I mean really, is jack Campbell a better LB prospect than Trenton Simpson? I don’t think he is.

Calijah kancey would’ve been the guy I would’ve taken with their jack Campbell pick, and that’s not necessarily a high value position based on the analytics, so I won’t argue based on that, I will just argue that a pass rushing dt, or essentially ANY player that isn’t a 2 down LB, is likely a better pick, and the same goes for Gibbs at 12.
Jack Campbell was the only true mike in the top part of the draft. Maybe they seen how we did after we got Roquan. Last I knew they needed a true mike plus I don't see why you are saying he is only a 2 down LB. He can cover the pass and he's a good blitzer. With Gibbs I know they wanted to replace Swift and him and Bijan Robinson were rated well above the others and the Falcons took Robinson at 8th. They also got Brian Branch in the 2nd so I don't think I'd be hating on their draft so much. I think they're doing a damn good job building that defense.