• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Someone else can probably post official snap counts or whatnot, but it seems like our TEs, with the exception of Andrews, are getting less playing time out there in Monken's offense. I feel like I've barely seen Likely at all this season, which is a shame because he's got potential to be a playmaker for us and we could have used him this past week against Pitt when everyone else was dropping the damn ball

Same guy who dropped the ball against the Colts lol

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't know about Fred, but Roquan is not only playing possessed, but has also become the leader on D. He makes everyone better.

Fred does the same thing for the Niners' D. I don't think there's a ton of separation between them in terms of talent, but Roquan has a slight lead in tackles so far this season, for what it's worth. They're both absolute DAWGS

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Someone else can probably post official snap counts or whatnot, but it seems like our TEs, with the exception of Andrews, are getting less playing time out there in Monken's offense. I feel like I've barely seen Likely at all this season, which is a shame because he's got potential to be a playmaker for us and we could have used him this past week against Pitt when everyone else was dropping the damn ball
Sort of depends. Third TE is getting no usage. Kolar has been a healthy scratch two games, and has played two offensive snaps total in the last month. So definitely prefer going with only two TEs (they do have Ricard, though) on gameday. He has zero role in the offense if Andrews and Likely are healthy.

Andrews obviously missed week 1. He's played at least 69% of snaps in every game, and its closer to 80-90% in the games where we're not blowing somebody out (Cleveland). So he's pretty close to an every down player.

Likely's role is definitely declining. He played a ton of snaps week 1 with Andrews out, but has played 1/3 of the snaps or less each week thereafter. His snaps have actually declined every single week this season:
46, 25, 19, 15, 8

Basically with Andrews active, he's probably a 15-20 snap/game kind of guy. And he's only seen 4 targets in 5 weeks. So he's not really a part of the passing game at all.

If you look at the target distribution for the year:
WRs: 87 (dominated by Flowers with 40)
Andrews: 28

So the WRs and Andrews are getting 82% of the targets. RBs and Likely aren't really a factor in the offense thus far. They're getting 4-5 targets a week total.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Fred does the same thing for the Niners' D. I don't think there's a ton of separation between them in terms of talent, but Roquan has a slight lead in tackles so far this season, for what it's worth. They're both absolute DAWGS
tackles is a terrible way of saying one is better than the other and I'm sure you know that. Fred Warner and Roquan Smith are both Elite.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he has played 113 snaps this season and 8 this game. This doesn't include special teams snaps.

@rmcjacket23 didn't notice you posted snaps in your post already.

Simba

Staff Member
Saw this "challenge" the other day to name the 49ers top 5 players and I'm seeing lists like...

Trent Williams, Fred Warner, Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel, Christian McCaffrey...

...followed by tweets saying no offense to guys like George Kittle, Arik Armstead, Javon Hargrave, Brandon Aiyuk, etc.

Good lord what a star-powered team they have

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Saw this "challenge" the other day to name the 49ers top 5 players and I'm seeing lists like...

...followed by tweets saying no offense to guys like George Kittle, Arik Armstead, Javon Hargrave, Brandon Aiyuk, etc.

looks like Brock Purdy will take offense

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Lamar, roqaun, kyle hamilton, marlon, stanley

Andrews, flowers, marcus, queen, tucker…

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder who Marlo was teasing when he said someone texted him saying he wanted to end his career here in Baltimore

They made it sound like it was a DE