• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know we all talk about having a new head coach but after watching this video, you can tell the players still love playing for John and wouldn't want any other coach except him.

John Harbaugh on the coaching hot seat...... GOOD!

it's such a difficult feeling to grapple with as a fan because he's awesome as an ambassador and leader for this franchise but also the organisation has stagnated the last 6 years or so

maybe it really was joe flacco and lamar comes in and solves everything (not completely out of the realm of possibilities) but there's something to be said for the system in place not being an effective way of playing football in 2018 and john not realising that

although it was funny and kind of cool seeing how much he relished the idea of having lamar start - he seemed so into the whole qb situation all week and the uncertainty around it

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
We just need a bruiser. After the defense gets tired from chasing Lamar around all day, they’ll be too exhausted to want to tackle Gus the bus.
That’s also where Dixon could come in. That man breaks tackles like a mofo

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know we all talk about having a new head coach but after watching this video, you can tell the players still love playing for John and wouldn't want any other coach except him.

That’s why I’m not against keeping John. I wouldn’t mind either way but I just am not convinced he’s the problem. I’m also not convinced he’s not the problem too because a lot of blame can be placed on him. We have such a myopic view of the situation since we don’t know what’s been asked of him.

but my point is - if that coordinator does his job well, then he gets hired by another organisation to be their head coach and suddenly you have to either try and find another guy to come in and recreate that same offensive system or you find someone to come in and completely change the offence

and its not conducive to good football or team building if your offensive system has to change each year
Yeah I get it and your point. I don’t disagree I just don’t think it’s a prerequisite. I understand your reasoning and all and I’ll say there’s credence but I’m not getting wrapped around the concept personally. It would be a nice to have but not mandatory for me. We just need to ensure we get better coaches and give them freedom to be flexible with personnel to an extent

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it's such a difficult feeling to grapple with as a fan because he's awesome as an ambassador and leader for this franchise but also the organisation has stagnated the last 6 years or so

maybe it really was joe flacco and lamar comes in and solves everything (not completely out of the realm of possibilities) but there's something to be said for the system in place not being an effective way of playing football in 2018 and john not realising that

although it was funny and kind of cool seeing how much he relished the idea of having lamar start - he seemed so into the whole qb situation all week and the uncertainty around it
I’m not crying my eyes are just sweaty

We have to think with our heads not hearts, we're literally .500 for the 6th season in a row.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the problem is that you will also end up having to change OC every year because it will get pilfered by other teams looking for head coaches - you'll have to rebuild your staff every couple of years which adds to the struggle - very hard to stay consistent when your staff has to consistently change
And in my opinion when you have a qb like Lamar Jackson, it will be beneficial to have an offensive head coach and replace the dc when necessary.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
One day.. we’ll be as exciting as the rams or chiefs. One day..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Was at the rams chiefs and just got home.. wow. That’s what a good nfl team looks like huh.. it’s actualky like watching a different game the way they play.

i genuinely think that was D-Day for the NFL - other teams have to adapt or die because those offensive systems are here to stay with 2 of the youngest qbs in the league - to stay competitive other teams are going to have to evolve to look similar

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
As bad as the Chiefs and Rams are on defense, at least they force turnovers. Not sure what happened this year, but our defense has apparently forgotten how to take the ball away (haven't even forced a single turnover since October).

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did yanda really spit on burfict? Ive seen the vid it looks like he did but im hoping someone edited it..

It looked like he was swatting it away as soon as he did it like he just realized it would have landed on Burfict. I don't think it was on purpose because let's be honest, if someone wanted to spit in Burfict's face then I don't think they would leave any question (dude is the biggest scum in the league).

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
It looked like he was swatting it away as soon as he did it like he just realized it would have landed on Burfict. I don't think it was on purpose because let's be honest, if someone wanted to spit in Burfict's face then I don't think they would leave any question (dude is the biggest scum in the league).
From personal experience if you miss it looked like exactly what happens when spitting a thick one (just at the ground or away when wearing a helmet). If you don't aim right it just gets stuck on your cross bar and he was probably trying to get it away as you see his hand go up to it.